• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dissapointed with Husks

Zerker urgently needs fire resistance and/or a much greater damage resistance. His weapons have already been nerfed but the Husk was just the last nail in the coffin. He has no defence against the long range fireball and the extra screen shake is likely to get you hurt even more.

Nothing needs to be nerfed or buffed, there's a reason you have a team.

Upvote 0
play hard or suicidal. you'll change your tune about the husks not being powerful enough.
A common ranged enemy on suicidal (sirens are enough of a problem as it is and they have shorter range) constitutes a huge threat but it's still rather easy to evade his fire (sidestep right before they fire) and he doesn't spawn nearly enough (I've seen him less than sirens) even though he can spawn already in the first wave.

[...]the part which makes the game good and the Husk a challenging foe, is how you get yourself into position to blast him away. And how much damage will you take in getting there. You might need, dare I say it, "teamwork".
Everyone on the team has the ability to take him down easy at range except 'zerker. The only reason he's even an issue is because he is one of the few specs that deal damage at range (tends to suprise people more) and he can spawn any wave but doesn't spawn much (sort of you always have to assume he'll be there but he rarely is). Minor annoyance of normal (especially with new weapons), moderate threat on hard, Major threat on suicidal (all specs deal absurb damage and he can at range).

Upvote 0
Sadly Firebugs gain no utility... as you may have noticed, Husks also have immunity to fire, meaning the Firebug can't do jack **** in reality. Other than attempt to block the shot which isn't the most reliable... or useful thing a perk should be doing.

Like the others said, they have no immunity, just high resistance; the big utility that Firebugs have now is that they can draw the Husk's attention away tanking its fire while the others take it down. :D

Besides, hacking them with Machete is great fun when they can't damage you at all. :)

Upvote 0
Like the others said, they have no immunity, just high resistance; the big utility that Firebugs have now is that they can draw the Husk's attention away tanking its fire while the others take it down. :D

Besides, hacking them with Machete is great fun when they can't damage you at all. :)

Meh, i unloaded over 1 full tank into it on lvl5 Firebug and that was as the only survivor on Hard. Its enough to call it immunity imo. Its not really enough to call the Firebug useful for taking them down. They usually come behind waves of foes so burning the frontline obscures the Husk so Sharpshooters can't kill it and blocking the shot isn't really worth relying on.

Upvote 0
They can still punch you

a whole 2 or 3 damage per hit off your health lol. I will give Husks being toughasses. I watched a FP/husk battle for a good bit before the husk ate ****.

nyhblw.png

Upvote 0
They can still punch you

Ever heard the word "kiting"? Get in, slash to the head, wait for his attack to be done, get in, slash to the head... 2 alt attacks to the head with Machete make short work of it on suicidal.

Meh, i unloaded over 1 full tank into it on lvl5 Firebug and that was as the only survivor on Hard. Its enough to call it immunity imo. Its not really enough to call the Firebug useful for taking them down. They usually come behind waves of foes so burning the frontline obscures the Husk so Sharpshooters can't kill it and blocking the shot isn't really worth relying on.

Like I said it's more of a tanking role. What are they actually doing if they're shooting the Firebug (even if they're hidden)? Plain nothing; by the time they come in front of the flamer they're a nice, big, harmless target for the others. :)

Upvote 0
Yeah, when you're bunkered down in a hallway or funneling them through one door way. That's true of every single specimen in the game except the FP, and it's even true for him to a lesser extent.

On the move, out in the ope, Husks are bad news. Measuring a specimen's effectiveness when they walk into 6 guns blazing isn't a good metric to use.

Upvote 0

I can't help but get a bit fired up (pun intended) over comments like this. You're a human. He is AI. Use your imagination. Can he hurt you with fire? No. Can you hurt him with fire? (No, though as a high lvl firebug you might do it once just to get the achievement). Your team expects you to deal with Husk coz you are immune. Oh noes, what do you do, what Dooooooo you do???

Spoiler!

I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT HUSKS AND GRENADES
Is there some kind of relationship between throwing grenades when husks are about and having the grenade blow up in your own face? My friends and I were getting self-naded about 1600% more often over the weekend, and generally we could have sworn that we had aimed the shot safely.

Upvote 0
Is there some kind of relationship between throwing grenades when husks are about and having the grenade blow up in your own face? My friends and I were getting self-naded about 1600% more often over the weekend, and generally we could have sworn that we had aimed the shot safely.

We've been experiencing a lot of 'nade suicides since the patch too. I'm starting to wonder if Husks detonate grenades with their flames much like the siren was supposed to, before TWI decided it was too unforgiving on the players.

Upvote 0
I can't help but get a bit fired up (pun intended) over comments like this. You're a human. He is AI. Use your imagination. Can he hurt you with fire? No. Can you hurt him with fire? (No, though as a high lvl firebug you might do it once just to get the achievement). Your team expects you to deal with Husk coz you are immune. Oh noes, what do you do, what Dooooooo you do???

Spoiler!

lol :D

Upvote 0