• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Can't play through Hamachi anymore

Aklis

Oct 23, 2009
Last time me and my mates played KF - through Hamachi - was like, a week ago. It worked perfectly fine. We haven't been able to play at all (Through Hamachi) for the entire day. Have tried to open ports, removing and adding KF from the firewall exception list. Anyone had the same problem?

Works when I host over internet, but my computer locks up between loading screens, forcing me to restart the computer.

First off, neither of us are using a pirated version of the game. Since neither of us has been able to host online, we've used Hamachi. Now it seems that I can host, but, as I said, everything locks up after a round, so if I don't disconnect and rehost - which takes a little while - I need to restart my computer.

Upvote 0
Yes, please explain why you need to use Hamachi when there is a friend's list within Steam and Killing Floor itself?

Probally because none of the in-game servers work to be honest with you.
Just incase you didn't notice the large amount of threads saying they can't connect to servers.

And I've tried it before, hosting a game from the in-game selection hardly ever works for me for whatever reason and I'm not going to bother pissing around with my ports.
Hamachi works though, saves me time and stops me from screwing around with things I don't know about.

And by the way "Join a empty server" is not a solution, because
A) 90% of servers are dead/full
B) If you want it just to be a little group of your friends, other people start joining and ruining your plans and telling to 'F*** off' doesn't work in most cases.

Upvote 0
They are not show up in the list of availalable server in the menu of multiplayer of killing floor ?

If its that Try unlocking this port

7707 UDP/IP (Game Port)
7708 UDP/IP (Query Port)
7717 UDP/IP (GameSpy Query Port)
28852 TCP/IP and UDP (Allows your Server to Connect to the Master Server Browser)
8075 TCP/IP (Port set via ListenPort that your WebAdmin will run on)
20560 UDP/IP (Steam Port)

Upvote 0
Still doesn't explain why it locks up when it loads to a new map. Could be related to 'Windows Genuine Advantage', since it has been screwing up other programs - Neverwinter Nights II is much slower, iTunes is screwier than usual and so on. Can't be removed, either.
This freeze lock-up is a know preblem by tripwire ;) They work on it as i can see in forum ! I think they will put a new update to fix that !

Upvote 0
The same thing happens with me and my friends. We ALL bought the game, but we use hamachi for 2 reasons: low ping (most servers give us +100 ping), and we only play with each other, not some random noobs.

We usually do it through LAN and everything used to work fine. But since the last patch we can only see the host's game, and are not able to join. The game stays at the "connecting to IP" screen and nothing happens.

This pretty much ruins the game experience for all of us.

Upvote 0
The same thing happens with me and my friends. We ALL bought the game, but we use hamachi for 2 reasons: low ping (most servers give us +100 ping), and we only play with each other, not some random noobs.

We usually do it through LAN and everything used to work fine. But since the last patch we can only see the host's game, and are not able to join. The game stays at the "connecting to IP" screen and nothing happens.

Ive play most of the time on 100+ pink and its not so buggy !

And you can host your own game or make it private and you can play with friend and no noob ..

It seriously smell piracy !

Ive never seen guy playing with hamachi when they have buy the game xD

Upvote 0
Setup a dedicated server, you will all get better ping. It sounds like there's a lack of dedicated servers your area/region and the players around you would benefit from this.

Or just keep doing the LAN hamatchi thing, just don't expect too much support as most of members/posters here would be playing on dedicated Steam servers, and not on your isolated and segregated private hamatchi networked listen servers.

Don't use third party software as a workaround to your greater problems, they will only cause problems later down the track. Like now for example.

I think you had a ruined experience from the moment you used hamatchi.

Last edited:
Upvote 0