• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Awful voice acting. The only fault.

Take a looky at Harry Enfield. The trader moments reflect one of his characters called 'loadsamoney'.

Prior to Thatcher's 'reign' she announced at the annual Conservative Party gathering that not everyone is born equal and some people are entitled to more. This is just a satirical sketch based on that era. The Labour Party spin doctors have rehashed it as 'opportunity' these days.

YouTube - harry enfield: loadsamoney

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So, you'll only buy this game if the sounds are reworked? doesn't sound like you want it THAT much. it's just sounds. yeah, I agree the one man brit-cockney voice can get on ones nerves, but it doesn't disturb you that much when you're too busy dealing with the specimens.
besides it is quite funny, always make me think of that Harry Enfield song posted above me.

I also recall L4D sounds could get quite annoying sometimes. it's give and take.

if you don't want to buy this game just because of how the patriach sounds, maybe you really don't need to buy this game.

Upvote 0
take a looky at harry enfield. The trader moments reflect one of his characters called 'loadsamoney'.

Prior to thatcher's 'reign' she announced at the annual conservative party gathering that not everyone is born equal and some people are entitled to more. This is just a satirical sketch based on that era. The labour party spin doctors have rehashed it as 'opportunity' these days.

youtube - harry enfield: Loadsamoney

HAAAAAhahahahahahaha

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL BEST VIDEO EVER

Upvote 0
Take a looky at Harry Enfield. The trader moments reflect one of his characters called 'loadsamoney'.

Prior to Thatcher's 'reign' she announced at the annual Conservative Party gathering that not everyone is born equal and some people are entitled to more. This is just a satirical sketch based on that era. The Labour Party spin doctors have rehashed it as 'opportunity' these days.

YouTube - harry enfield: loadsamoney

Arramus, in spite of all you do in the mapping forum, this may have been the greatest thing you've ever posted.

On topic? All you need to do is read the bios of the guys from the character pack to get a sense of this game's style. B-movie is it.

I'd love to hear more voice acting, especially for the DLC characters. But VA is expensive and it's largely a cosmetic thing. If TWI has that kind of time and money to spend, more power to them. But the cheesy British accents and the one liners, and the godawful trader voice, are pretty much locked into my memories of this game now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Arramus, in spite of all you do in the mapping forum, this may have been the greatest thing you've ever posted.

On topic? All you need to do is read the bios of the guys from the character pack to get a sense of this game's style. B-movie is it.

I'd love to hear more voice acting, especially for the DLC characters. But VA is expensive and it's largely a cosmetic thing. If TWI has that kind of time and money to spend, more power to them. But the cheesy British accents and the one liners, and the godawful trader voice, are pretty much locked into my memories of this game now.

Then i'm going to buy DLC packs until they can afford more voice acting lol

Upvote 0
So, my brother has this game, and I sometimes give the game a shot, he claims it's a great game, and I somewhat agree. The variation of weapons and maps is good, some interesting game features, ambience and music is great and good sound effects too. But everytime a creature or player character speaks, it's like scraping your finger nails down a chalkboard. For instance the patriarch, I'm guessing he's supposed to be fearsome? Only problem is, when he spawns and does his grand entrance and screams "I'll show you no mercy RAWR!", it just sounds pitiful.

When you've grown used to the excellent voicing in TF2 and L4D, you never tire of hearing them over and over because they sound so good. In Killing Floor, I'm already wishing I can mute the creature and character voices.

Seems Tripwire are doing a respectable job releasing new updates, content and DLC for the game, but I think they should rework all of the voice acting in the game, it's just the worst thing I've ever heard, and is stopping me from purchasing the game, because it simply ruins immersion for me.

Yeah, the OP specifically references the Patriarch and I agree. Some of his lines are simply not well-delivered, in terms of voice acting. The manner in which the original voice has been deepened/effected, the speaker's inflections, etc. aren't very good. The various British blurbs spoken by player characters are fine. You may find some are good, others are cheesy, but the actual delivery is alright. The Pat, however, sounds off.

Upvote 0
Yeah, the OP specifically references the Patriarch and I agree. Some of his lines are simply not well-delivered, in terms of voice acting. The manner in which the original voice has been deepened/effected, the speaker's inflections, etc. aren't very good. The various British blurbs spoken by player characters are fine. You may find some are good, others are cheesy, but the actual delivery is alright. The Pat, however, sounds off.
Pat has an accent. It's not Inglese per se, but it sounds strange. The way he pronounces some phrases has led me to believe the voice actor has an accent. I'm guessing he's Italian/Spanish.

Upvote 0
personally i think it would be nice if there were 6 different voice sets for players, and each player was randomly assigned one of each so everyone had a different voice.
That way you could possibly get an idea after a bit of play time who was actually talking but more importantly there would be variety.
If voices were to be added, you could phaps also add different traders , with maybe each of them having a specific location in maps, again for the sake of variety but also kinda making sense.

It's not really a big deal - and i'm certainly not gonna moan about an enjoyable game that i've only checked out in a free trial -
The only thing I would class as a 'fault' (at least it can be annoying) is the way it's very difficult to select a server while refreshing, because the highlighted server changes as the browser updates.

Upvote 0
From my point of view, the game is aptly titled Killing Floor because it's supposed to be modeled after 70s/80s grindhouse cinema. I mean, just look at the title.

Killing Floor: The area within a slaughterhouse or abattoir where an animal is killed.

Whether that's referring to the animals (zed) or human players to the ones being killed is up to the effort of the team, but you see my point of view, right?

So even the big bad boss (Patriarch) has bad acting, that's to be expected I mean, he ****ing says "RAWWWRRRRR" for ****'s sake. Let's just roll with the punches. You guys want to hear that Cortana/Zoey voice acting ***** as The Trader? Or that Cowboy Bebop guy from Company of Heroes? Screw that, this **** is badass as is.

Upvote 0