• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level 4 medic conqures 80 enemies

Tiki-Dog

Oct 22, 2009
The Story:
We were playing Wyre on hard mode, I was a level 3 medic, and had 4 teammates. We were on the second wave, and we were held up, dying fast. I was healing everyone as fast as my medic syringe would let me. One, Two, Three, they all got rushed by gorefasts. I felt like, aww what the hell, there is no way i can heal them. I feel bad that I didn't stay there and get slaughtered with them, but i jumped off the roof above the trader's post, and started healing myself, then switched back to knife.

I started to look for weapons, with about 80 guys hot on my tail, and found some pistol ammo, and a second pistol. the second pistol was a waste of time, so I dropped it and ran around the forest, getting shot over and over by Husks. I stopped every 40 seconds to turn around and headshot about 3 specimens, then kept running. A teammate (dandi8) found a trial version of fraps and recorded 30 second increments.

I was running around in circles for at least 30 minutes (or longer) before i finnally found a pump action and killed the rest of them and the husk.

Keep in mind, im new to this game, im playing on the free weekend.

VIDEO:

Coming soon, I need to get ahold of the video from dandi.

Anyone else ever try this? Running around and healing yourself?

Last edited:
Anyone else ever try this? Running around and healing yourself?

First, I'm glad you're enjoying playing killing floor. If you buy it, prepare to lost endless amounts of time to this game... in an addictive, social scene killing good way. :)

Second kudos on figuring out and surviving like that on your own for so long for the win. There's people who have been playing this for months and still can't do what you did... ::sigh::

But yeah. Sometimes in long games it feels like the medic's job eventually becomes being the last person to survive. He/She relies on super medic speed and self heals, kiting, and killing everything after a long time, winning the round.

Upvote 0
There's kind of an etiquette for being the last man standing in KF.

I find it's always courteous to be a little stupid and daring when it's just you left with 80 or so enemies, purely for the sake of entertainment value for the folks watching.

I let them know, guys I'll try to make this quick and messy.
And then I try to make it quick and messy.

Within reason, obviously. A good show is punctuated by one's survival and continuance of the game for all.

But there's nothing worse than watching that final player truly pussyfoot his way around the map for 20 minutes, pecking away at the pace of an over-cautious snail as his viewers fall asleep, leave the server, etc. Playing it way too safe.

If you're stuck with a real hefty load, like 160 or more, give your dead team a great show for the first hundred at least. :) They'll understand if you need to play the evasive Kite Master Flash for the last pile when ammo is very, very low. Good dead teammates will also roam around with free-cam and call out warnings and ****.

Upvote 0
There's kind of an etiquette for being the last man standing in KF.

I find it's always courteous to be a little stupid and daring when it's just you left with 80 or so enemies, purely for the sake of entertainment value for the folks watching.

I let them know, guys I'll try to make this quick and messy.
And then I try to make it quick and messy.

Within reason, obviously. A good show is punctuated by one's survival and continuance of the game for all.

But there's nothing worse than watching that final player truly pussyfoot his way around the map for 20 minutes, pecking away at the pace of an over-cautious snail as his viewers fall asleep, leave the server, etc. Playing it way too safe.

If you're stuck with a real hefty load, like 160 or more, give your dead team a great show for the first hundred at least. :) They'll understand if you need to play the evasive Kite Master Flash for the last pile when ammo is very, very low. Good dead teammates will also roam around with free-cam and call out warnings and ****.

I'm a pussyfoot lol.

No I was just entertaining the other players, they were all free-weekenders.
If I was playing with higher-level people, I would not of done this. It's a waste of their time.

Did I mention I had one pistol clip when i started this?
And yes, my good dead teammates did help me by alerting me as to 'orangies' or 'cloaked guys'
I have to wait for the guy who recorded the game to get out of killing floor (enjoying it too much lol) so i can upload it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Lol- funny story, but those are the best moments when ur the only one left and wipe everything out- i - one time i was playing hard- fiting patty, he waiped all my team8s (5) and i was the only one left, fortunately we did enuf damage- 3 shots shotgun+1 shot, 2 barrel to the face (lvl 4 supprot) and WIN
GLAD you're enjoying KF :)

Upvote 0
I'd love to stick around and keep playing, but after this free weekend I'm gonna bail from this game. Its fun, but I don't have the money/time to get it.

This game is very sweet and I tip my hat off to tripwire for making what used to be a mod into an awesome retail game. I love how you turned a 5 year old engine into this awesome game.

Upvote 0
I did my very first kite today (playing it since the free weekend). We were on West London Normal, 3 people and were using the Bloat Mutator. Just kidding around. Too bad my two buddies died and i, the medic, was alone. Alone with a Grenade Launcher which i just bought before the wave. The normal M79 Single shot thing. I ran around West London, shooting single Bloats with my MP7M (i love this weapon!) and firing grenades at groups of Bloats. My buddies were giving me tips and warnings about ammo or Bloats from behind in TeamSpeak.

There were nearly 60 Bloats left and i was somehow able to kill them all, but my ammo was pretty depleted. I felt awesome. We all died in the next wave.

Btw, i bought the game now.

Upvote 0