• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Perk Level Progress Past 5*

What's non-permanent in reseting? reset, and it's gone. permanent.

Yes... and I wish there was a way to loose the 'permanent' part?
Like for example you can set them to 0 and just have to flip a switch to get them back to 5 cause it took me forever to get them to lv5 and I don't wanna throw all that away but if the max level is reached, the game becomes rather boring cause there's nothing left to upgrade.
Also making that an official in game option instead of having to edit obscure ini files would be nice too.

Upvote 0
I like the RPG element to this game... Makes a FPS more interesting. Feeling like you specialize in a certain area makes it more fun.

Always wanted a FPS that uses RPG elements and a class system. Tripwire certanly could of made the RPG element more better/improved. But the games not *focused* on that part. Fine by me, its sound

Last edited:
Upvote 0
evilsod, seriously......if you hate this game so much, stop playing, stop posting and PLEASE stop quoting over and over and over.

Theres a difference between hating the game and hating a pointless part of it that offers nothing but clearly you can't comprehend this. I'm yet to see a reason for this levelling and especially for making it take so long. Game is great, perks are great, levelling perks should not exist, at least for this long.

Lmao omar... you think levelling your perks is what sets KF apart from other FPSs? Its hilarious watching people defend a system that has no real use other than limiting your potential till you are deemed to have played the game enough. If KF is about watching your damage rise so you can be a higher level, why limit it?
Hell why not include the 'prestige' that so many people bashed in another thread. Its great to see how opinions change suddenly because TWI did it as oppose to someone suggesing it.

An arbitrary levelling system is not a real RPG element. Saying you 'like the RPG thing' is about as hollow an arguement as there is.

Upvote 0
To some extent I agree with evilsod. When I originally purchased the game I thought it would be nice to have something to look forward to in the form of leveling perks since I'm a big RPG fan; I have been playing since mod and the mod only had perks unlock after a certain requirement was met. However after finally getting a perk up to level 5 the fun of leveling kind of dropped out. Currently I only play to have fun and play with my friend. I can honestly say I have had more fun since I stopped caring about my perk level (I still don't have mr. perky) although my perks are still slowly leveling.

My big issue with it is the discrepancy of perk levels the difference spawning with a weapon is makes a huge difference.
a system that has no real use other than limiting your potential till you are deemed to have played the game enough
QFT
The system was arduous enough and made enough difference that people took the time to try to break it. The perks are closer to a requirement (i.e. the difficulty of the game was made to be playable at level 5) rather than token achievement; making them a slight upgrade / cosmetic upgrade for a reward.

Upvote 0
Theres a difference between hating the game and hating a pointless part of it that offers nothing but clearly you can't comprehend this. I'm yet to see a reason for this levelling and especially for making it take so long. Game is great, perks are great, levelling perks should not exist, at least for this long.

Lmao omar... you think levelling your perks is what sets KF apart from other FPSs? Its hilarious watching people defend a system that has no real use other than limiting your potential till you are deemed to have played the game enough. If KF is about watching your damage rise so you can be a higher level, why limit it?
Hell why not include the 'prestige' that so many people bashed in another thread. Its great to see how opinions change suddenly because TWI did it as oppose to someone suggesing it.

An arbitrary levelling system is not a real RPG element. Saying you 'like the RPG thing' is about as hollow an arguement as there is.

well dude, then quit. GO play CS or dont play anything.

Upvote 0
I enjoyed the "grind" of leveling all my perks to lev 5. It was very motivating for me to have a goal to reach such as this as well as learning how to play each class effectively. I'm also content that with this new update, all my classes will be upgraded automatically since I have continued to play KF, and they are at least 2x the lev 5 requirements. I will be able to concentrate on the new perk and have another goal to reach in KF...:D

Upvote 0

Sub average player opinion noted.

You would think someone who rages on and on about "Real RPG elements" would actually spell leveling correctly.

Upvote 0
Yes Akame, assuming the only difference between 5 and 6 is the weapon (which i suspect it is given the description) then ok i probably overexaggerate the necessity to be lvl6. But lvl5 was indeed a ridiculous advantage by spawning with a weapon, effectively the only way to really play on Suicidal and thus limiting you completely.

Anyway, as the notes are live. It looks like a great update on the whole. Unfortunately i won't be able to actually play it until tomorrow. In the meantime i hope people enjoy servers with 3+ lvl0 Demolitions players in them :D

Upvote 0
Well with the update I was pleasantly surprised that the requirements were relatively easy to obtain and didn't overly affect the player as much as the transition between level 5 and 6 (some people are actually complaining about the weapons spawn changes).

@Evilsod
I'm not quite sure what you are referring to as I was actually agreeing with you. Personally I dislike the power differential that the gap between level 4 and 5 represents. Besides introducing the same increase as all the other levels it also includes a weapon spawn that make all the difference in the ability to play on harder difficulties. If a player must play a game for so long not to be a liability to the rest of the team it seem like there is an issue with the system in place. It's not such a glaring flaw in KF, however, because of the different difficulties but it still seem rather arbitrary to say, "Ok, you've killed enough enemies to warrant a increase in abilities" in a FPS. Generally that seems to be reserved for single player story mode experiences when implemented in a FPS (at least in my experience).

I like the specialization but loathe the power gap.

Upvote 0
@Evilsod
I'm not quite sure what you are referring to as I was actually agreeing with you. Personally I dislike the power differential that the gap between level 4 and 5 represents. Besides introducing the same increase as all the other levels it also includes a weapon spawn that make all the difference in the ability to play on harder difficulties. If a player must play a game for so long not to be a liability to the rest of the team it seem like there is an issue with the system in place. It's not such a glaring flaw in KF, however, because of the different difficulties but it still seem rather arbitrary to say, "Ok, you've killed enough enemies to warrant a increase in abilities" in a FPS. Generally that seems to be reserved for single player story mode experiences when implemented in a FPS (at least in my experience).

I like the specialization but loathe the power gap.

Thats what i was referring to. The sudden jump in requirement between lvl4 and 5 was huge, what you've already gained so far again and more. Lvl0-4 was more like playing the game, lvl4-5 just felt like grind and the benefit of spawning with a weapon over the previous level was massive.

I was a bit annoyed that you spawned with the Crossbow at lvl6 Sharpshooter, but then i realised they'd also fixed the trade system abuse. Whether it still applies if you drop the weapon for someone else i don't know. But your weapons are all sold at the price relative to what you bought it at. So the Dual Handcannons infact sell for less than the Crossbow now. So really it doesn't matter anymore.

On a side note, the requirements were lower than expected, all except medic which is bizarrely high, i can only assume its as an incentive to get people to heal each other now the med syringe shouldn't 'misfire'.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
On a side note, the requirements were lower than expected, all except medic which is bizarrely high, i can only assume its as an incentive to get people to heal each other now the med syringe shouldn't 'misfire'.

Also the medicgun's syringe alt-fire. Which is awesome, and I love it.
8.5k heal points to go for me. I was always a medic or a sharpshooter, love both classes.

Upvote 0
Also the medicgun's syringe alt-fire. Which is awesome, and I love it.
8.5k heal points to go for me. I was always a medic or a sharpshooter, love both classes.

Yeah i tried it out earlier. Quite a good way to heal and very lightweight.

And is it just me or does absolutely no-one seem to bother healing ALLIES anymore? Every game i've played since the update it seems like im the only player who knows that 5 gets the Med Syringe out. Some of them don't even bother quick healing. Only advantage is theres plenty of cash for it.

Upvote 0
Yeah i tried it out earlier. Quite a good way to heal and very lightweight.

And is it just me or does absolutely no-one seem to bother healing ALLIES anymore? Every game i've played since the update it seems like im the only player who knows that 5 gets the Med Syringe out. Some of them don't even bother quick healing. Only advantage is theres plenty of cash for it.

Actually, the MP7M made me play medic much more... Its less of a hassle to heal allies than yourself, point, shoot, switch to syringe for others.

Upvote 0
Actually, the MP7M made me play medic much more... Its less of a hassle to heal allies than yourself, point, shoot, switch to syringe for others.

Er, i know. Maybe i'm just not getting much luck with servers. I thought i'd go on some Suicidal servers earlier, 3 attempts to find a low ping server with spaces... all 3 of them contained idiots at lvl0-2 who died in the first wave and seemed unwilling to go play a difficulty they could live on. And every Hard game i've played seems to have nobody really bothering to heal allies. Since lets face it, the primary fire of that gun is worse than the Bullpup and its ammo costs a hell of alot more and people just want to use the other ones.

Upvote 0
Since lets face it, the primary fire of that gun is worse than the Bullpup and its ammo costs a hell of alot more and people just want to use the other ones.

The big problem with Medics before was that sometimes they cared more about killing stuff than doing their job. Good medics would stand by with needle in hand. Bad medics would be too busy trying to get head shots, or wading in with a katana/shotgun into melee instead of backing up the berzerker whose job it is to be at the front line.

The MP7M addresses that, even though it's still a problem at the moment because of all the new weapons. But I've actually heard people say "Man, medic is kinda fun to play now!" Medics don't have to stand around, needle in hand anymore. The rate of fire does need to be toned down though, I agree with that.

Upvote 0