• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Out of Curiosity....

How many new KFs and DLC have been sold already? xD

I don't know if TWI is allowed/wants to share that information, but it would be cool to see a tally of how many people will buy some KF related material this week. xD
We're not allowed to say - under NDA with Valve. But "lots" would be nice. "Loads" would be nice too :)

Upvote 0
I could be wrong about this, and if such is a problem go ahead and correct me.

Basically, sales data is valuable. When companies plan what to base their next game on, or how to market, or try to predict how the next quarter will go, every number helps more than you can imagine, and they may even be willing to shell out big bucks just to find out exactly how things tend to go for X genre in Y time of year, when sold for Z dollars.

Not to say Valve sells that sort of info, it's just best not to publically give it out. It can also have negative consequences in some cases (like giving a pirate a reason to download the game) so many companies just keep a policy of keeping it to themselves to be safe.

Upvote 0
We're not allowed to say - under NDA with Valve. But "lots" would be nice. "Loads" would be nice too :)

I can't fathom why they would put you under a NDA for your own sales figures.

Can you explain, or are you under a NDA for speaking about the NDA?

I swear, NDAs make Satan's Soul-Selling contracts look like the instructions to Monopoly.

Upvote 0
TWI- here's how much I love you, and this was before either of the last two sets of DLC/content patches. I bought the game for myself, after a week I turned around and bought it for two of my friends, as well as the Outbreak DLC. As soon as my debit card replacement gets here, I'm also buying everyone the new DLC. BECAUSE I LOVE YOU.

AND YOU GAVE ME THE MEDIC GUN. AND EBR. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH, TWI.

Upvote 0
Can you explain, or are you under a NDA for speaking about the NDA?.

Random guess. Steam are the publisher and take a material chunk of royalties and that's none of our business since they privately owned. I suspect they also charge different clients on the Steam platform different rates (TWI probably pay less since the KF volume is so high and guarantees a high minimum sales for each DLC). Releasing those sorts of numbers not only opens up a whole can of worms but gives crucial data away to other download platform competitors. You got to be commercial or die.

And to be honest Steam just appear a little strange when it comes to NDAs - remember TWI can't even tell us why Heavy Metal was so late .. because of an NDA. We have something similar over here in the UK called the 'Super Injunction' which is murdering the freedom of speech and being abused by rich ba$tards to hide their dirty secrets.

Anyway I don't care I can always ask fatblokewithabeardinapub but I'd rather be running around Wyre/Bedlam with the Nightfall 'guy with a suit' skin. I should where a mask like that into the office one day.

Upvote 0