• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor Menu - Host Game Not Working

Me and my friends have been playing this game since launch, where I was the host, my Host Game button in the menu always worked until recently.

Whenever I hit Host Game now, the game will always lock up to no end at all (I have tried waiting awhile, and I have even redownloaded the game). However I can enter the Solo menu just fine, so i have no idea what is wrong. I am also unable to provide a crash log due to having to end the program via the windows task manager everytime, or even hard crashing and having to completely restart.

As I said I have even redownloaded the entire game so after that I am completely lost on ideas of how to fix this.

EDIT: This problem has been solved by recent updates, thanks TWI!

Brief Computer Parts:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2Duo CPU 6700 @ 2.66GHz (2 CPUs)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 512
OS: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp.080413-2111)
Router: D-Link Gamers Lounge DGL-4100

Last edited:
When you hit the host button, the game client attempts to open the appropriate ports on your router via UPNP. That is what the lockup is. At most it should take about a minute. If your game locks up longer than this, I'd suggest to no try hosting games for now. TWI is currently looking into this problem.

Upvote 0
Try updating your router firmware or adding the ports manually (there is a sticky at the dedicated server section for which ports to add).
Your routers upnp function might not work perfectly which the game needs.

Make sure that no software firewall is blocking the game, especially if you're using say windows 7 make sure you dont have any weird homegroup thing, and that your computer in vista is set to public mode and not work.

Upvote 0
try checking your software firewall if you have one. remove kf from the exceptions list and add it again. Quite often when an exe updates do firewalls etc think it got infected by a virus and start blocking it.

If that fails can you give some details, like firewall used and router used. And what ports are free etc on your router. So if more have the same issue a solution can be found.

Last edited:
Upvote 0