• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Autokick low level players?

RALLFO's servers has instant lvl5 mutator.

Tripwire, don't waste your time doing this.

Games are supposed to be fun.. I bet that playing with you isn't that much of a fun. I can imagine you calling other ppl "noobs" or something like that for their mistakes. Oh, btw, I have, We lose suicidal maps alot but I don't give a flying f*** cuz it's supposed to be FUN. No one consider that being fun if you just go and call ppl "unexperienced" for losing... Except maybe you..

Losing suicidal maps over and over due to whiney spieling 0-3 perk playing people isn't what I call fun but of course you're Mr. Fun man who doesn't care about achievements nor do I bet you have a single level 5 perk because you just care about your own brand of fun like some religious fanatic trying to convert me to some ridiculous religion.

Stop trying to lament your brand of fun as universally accepted fact, it makes you look bad.

Reactions: Raziel
Upvote 0
Some of the arguments you people make are unbelievably stupid. I understand what OP is saying completely. Yes, he did sound a bit elitist in his first post but as he continued replying it became very clear that he's not. First of all, why would a level 0-3 player join a suicidal game in the first place? It's asinine to chastise the OP for wanting to enjoy a game without seeing YOUR SQUAD HAS BEEN WIPED OUT every 10 minutes because a low level player joined the game and acted like an idiot. Yes, level 5 players can be just as bad or worse than low levels, but like it or not the classes develop obvious advantages as the level increases, thus increasing your chances of survival if you play right. I don't see why you people are getting all worked up about this, it's not that hard to see what the OP is saying.

Upvote 0
Griever said:
RALLFO's servers has instant lvl5 mutator.

I'll check them out. Thanks.

Games are supposed to be fun.. I bet that playing with you isn't that much of a fun. I can imagine you calling other ppl "noobs" or something like that for their mistakes.

I'm being as polite as I can in this thread and you're just flaming now by making wild guesses about me. I do not call people noobs or insult them although I do tell them to learn and level up in easier difficulty first when they make very dumb mistakes in a suicidal server, where it is common sense to have some experience before joining.

Oh, btw, I have, We lose suicidal maps alot but I don't give a flying f*** cuz it's supposed to be FUN. No one consider that being fun if you just go and call ppl "unexperienced" for losing... Except maybe you..

Oh, good for you, because not everyone's angelic like you either. Yes, I get frustrated when 2 newcomers run around and get themselves killed leaving the rest a bunch of extra zombies to kill.

There is an alternative solution: Get yourself a server if that is so important to you so we don't have to make Tripwire waste their precious time...

Let me correct: so YOU don't have to make Tripwire waste their precious time.

I'd like to get one but like I said I don't have the money right now. They'll decide if it's a waste of time, but I have the right to make a suggestion, regardless of how you think of it.

Upvote 0
I think, bottomline, that it would be confusing for people. KF's server selection is ok...but there's nothing to indicate, currently, whether or not a server would boot your *** for not being lvl 5.

I set my filters and pick servers by map....and it's already a PITA sometimes weeding out the servers with FF, crappy download speeds, mutators (aka Ralfo's server) and the like. If I started joining servers and getting booted (because some jackass will inevitably demand that only lvl 5s play on his Normal difficulty server), I know I'd be annoyed as hell.

And while I don't play suicidal...my experience on hard has been that perk level doesn't matter half as much as not playing like a tool.

Upvote 0
Losing suicidal maps over and over due to whiney spieling 0-3 perk playing people isn't what I call fun but of course you're Mr. Fun man who doesn't care about achievements nor do I bet you have a single level 5 perk because you just care about your own brand of fun like some religious fanatic trying to convert me to some ridiculous religion.

Stop trying to lament your brand of fun as universally accepted fact, it makes you look bad.

First. I do have a few lvl5 perks already and some lvl4.
Secondly. Yes, why would I have to care about achievements Mr. Perfectionist? It's... a game.. They are just some random text and a fancy picture when you unlock one.. It may make you feel good but what are you to judge people for their perk levels.. I know many people who have reseted their perks cuz being lvl5 gets boring. But if you are so obsessed to it.. Then fine, I'm not gonna argue about this anymore.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
And while I don't play suicidal...my experience on hard has been that perk level doesn't matter half as much as not playing like a tool.
On suicidal you really need level 5 weapon spawn to be able to keep up the proper DPS not to be overrun. Given the money you get for kills even really good player don't have the extra money to support a liability. That's not to say a level 5 is good or level 0-4 are bad but the difference spawning with a shotgun and having to purchase it can make a huge difference in suicidal.

And while I understand the frustration of people joining and ruining a perfectly good game (many new players join a server unaware of the difficulty of the server) but many games have this issue. Server messages and passwording is the way to deal with this. While it is regrettable that game you play in are ruined by low level players joining that is the risk you take playing in a public co-op game with people you don't know. Otherwise play with people you know, make a clan, play on passworded servers, or whatever.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
...nor do I bet you have a single level 5 perk because...

So what perk level has to do with the guy itself? Indirectly it sounds like "omfg noob u habeeb no perks @ lvl5 lolololo noooob" *e-penis grows 100,000 yards* in general. Yes, it's established already that it is a good question about people who just don't read server names or anything if it has suicidal, friendly fire, naked siren mutator, KFC -25% sale and so on. Yes, it can be (and it often is) quite annoying.

Yes we all know also that you can't always play with friends or can't have your own server, but in a same way you can't force people to actually pass their grade school reading comprehension test nor have a feature that can't be added half arsedly in.

But now one question: can't you host your own private server once in a while? I know that I can host a dedicated server (and evne play there myself if I want) and few times I've done that no-one complained about lag at all. You could go and arrange your own games that way with people you know, no danger of anyone ruining your game. Now if you can't host a game, that's just **** happens.

Bottom line, if they want to add that lvl5 perk thing they should make it only, and only, and only avaible to suicidal servers. If server difficulty is attempted to change any other way while the setting is on it would override to default values instantly. No idea if that's possible though.

Upvote 0
I'd much prefer if some kind of rating system was added, so that you'd gain/lose points depending on how well you do in a game and depending on the difficulty, kind of like how Mario Kart Wii works. This way, it could be built into the game to only allow you to play on higher difficulties when you have achieved a certain score (although maybe it should unlock once you have reached the score and remain unlocked even when your score dips below the allowed value). This would add another element of 'fun' to the game I guess you could say, since you'd have difficulties to unlock. Of course, it should be possible to play only a few times in each difficulty to unlock suicidal if you play very well in each game. That way the experienced players wouldn't be too annoyed by such a system.

Upvote 0
Of course, it should be possible to play only a few times in each difficulty to unlock suicidal if you play very well in each game. That way the experienced players wouldn't be too annoyed by such a system.

I think it would have to be even more flexible than that. I think we played Normal for all of a week after release before we were all saying it was so easy it was becoming boring. I like that, from the outset, KF lets you define the level of challenge you want for yourself. If it were implemented, it should be "touch this bar once to unlock all difficulties" kind of thing...say "survive 80% of the waves in a full game" or "make 100 kills before the game ends." It would be excessively grindy to require people to play x number of games at y difficulty, especially if a person's skill level completely exceeds the difficulty they are forced to play at.

It's always struck me as, well, ridiculously elitist that people get angry over losing a round of KF because 'nubs drive up the specimen count. KF isn't a game where winning is all that important to begin with, unless someone is in serious need of validation. My usual reaction to level-whatevers joining is "Oh sweet, more specimen for ME to kill."

I get more annoyed with Rank 5s playing on too easy of difficulties (friends just started recently and we're walking them through normal difficulty to Rank 3), because they vacuum up most of the kills in the level, than lower ranked people who give me more stuff to shoot.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'd much prefer if some kind of rating system was added, so that you'd gain/lose points depending on how well you do in a game and depending on the difficulty [...] allow you to play on higher difficulties when you have achieved a certain score (although maybe it should unlock once you have reached the score and remain unlocked even when your score dips below the allowed value). [...]
Perhaps just a warning would suffice (like the versus warning in L4D if you haven't played campaign?)? It seems ridiculous be place restraints on the player based on how well/much they play the game.

Upvote 0
Well as it is, KF already has a grinding aspect to it. Even a very good player needs a high level perk to play comfortably on suicidal, which is a shame as I'd rather it overall requires more skill, not just something achieved by playing more.

I agree that such a system might not be such a good idea, so how about this: Keep statistics of certain things (such as damage taken, damage dealt, kills, etc) and then average it into a rank at the end of the match. If the rank is high enough you unlock the next difficulty.

The only reason I am suggesting such a restriction is because I feel it'd be a far superior alternative to autokicking players that simply haven't played enough, even if they have good skills and good teamplay (the latter of which is essential for suicidal matches).

Upvote 0
I do think that many of the players with lower perk levels are joining because they don't realize that they are joining a very difficult server. If you just have a message that would tell player that they are joining a difficult server if they don't have a perk over level 1 or something along those lines. That way you aren't restricting people and also helping people who are new to the game.

Upvote 0
I do think that many of the players with lower perk levels are joining because they don't realize that they are joining a very difficult server. If you just have a message that would tell player that they are joining a difficult server if they don't have a perk over level 1 or something along those lines. That way you aren't restricting people and also helping people who are new to the game.

Agreed.

Upvote 0
I think just a following dialog box on should be enough:

Code:
Notice:
Suicidal is a very hard difficulty, and a obtaining a high perk level 
before attempting it is HIGHLY recommended.

Are you sure you want to join this server? Y/N 

[ ]Do not show this message again.

This would make people aware of the difficulty of games they are joining.
Also, high level players could disable the warning.

I wouldn't want to kick people just because they hav just gotten the game.
That would be completely unfair on them. and personally I don't mind if I lose a map, I am not obsessed with Achievements. Yes, they are nice, but I usually try to achieve them with my friends on a password locked server.

Upvote 0
akstylish, my respect for so polite styple of discussion. I fully support you by 100%
I get tired already of those noobs who comes on Hell on Earth difficulty with 0 level commando, buy a lever action rifle (!) and dies from the first clot while healing himself instead of firing.

First of all - a reply for those ones, who told that 0 level can play well on Suicidal (and now - Hell on Earth): perk level matters, and matters a lot. My good friend has VERY good skills in FPS games. He plays well any shooter he tries, and kicks asses in PvP shooter like CS or Battlefield or whatever. And when I gifted a game to him, he was playing good with 0 level technician on hard. But when I switched difficulty to Hell on Earth, he couldn't normally play:
1. He had not money for good shotgun, because armor is HIGHLY needed and there are too few money from monsters.
2. Killing Scrake with usual shotty and 0 level perk is almost impossible (only for those who EXACTLY knows what to do, and knows map perfectly)
3. Killing even usual monsters is incredible hard, because shotgun has low power and penetration abilities, and don't even kill gorefast, except head.

It is hard to imagine a person who will play fine in Hell on Earth with 0 level perk (even I, who played the game for 2 years, think that I would s*** on HoE if I had 0 level perk).

Withing 2 years I have seen only FEW people who was playing VERY good with 0 level - and that were people, who already played the pirate version of Killing Floor and now bought a license.

More than, when I was getting my Chicken Commando achievement, I was really mad because of them. Bedlam, it's incredible hard for us (3-5 level players), we die but 1-2 people complete the wave. 10-th wave, we all have problems with bullets and weapons, but chances are not too bad (tech with AA12 and sharpie with crossbow are good).

And right before the wave 2 noobs come to server (though it contained "level 3 minimum" in it's name... First was 0 lvl commando, and with our money he bought... shotgun, the second was 1 level sharpshooter and he bought... flamethrower. First got killed immediately at the wave start because he ran away from us, second burned himself).

We did not make it...

Wasted 1 hour of our lifes. And that repeats all the time, especially after 75% and 85% off seles. Noobs come in huge crowds, they can't play even on hard but they go on Suicidal and HoE. We loose match after match because of them, on many servers.

The game itself has 5 difficulty levels, and they were implemented not just "for to be". They allow to use your obtained skills and perks, use your knowledge of the game. And when even creating my own Hell on Earth server, I cannot filter it from 0-1 level players who don't know what to do in this game. And that is very-very bad, because I paid for the game, I paid for the server running and I have a right to make MY conditions for plaing on MY server.

Tripwire has given an opportunity for noobs to learn - it's easy, normal and hard difficulties, and there are hundreds of servers on these difficulties. So, experienced players who love this game have a right to be protected from wasting their time and playing with good powerfull team when they want. I am tired to loose because of people who don't know what monsters are in this game, and learn the game by watching how we die because of them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0