• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Autokick low level players?

Only way to make it actually working would be to have an optional server option that can be only accessed if difficulty is set to suicidal.

That's not elitism speaking that's called common sense which a lot of you forum goers who like to spiel constantly seem to lack.

Alternatively the fault might be the way you presented the issue and request in the first place. "Is there a server option that prevents low level players from joining?" followed by a rant (which does have truth in it, no doubt about that) is more likely to make perceive in a diffrent manner.

It ought to be common sense to be more or less clear what you are talking about aswell.

Upvote 0
Having a low level perk doesn't necessarily mean you're a crap player but in suicidal that doesn't matter because you need level 4/5/6 perks and you need good players if you intend to beat a map legitimately. If you honestly think level 0-3 (barring medic in some cases as level 3 can still heal well enough) players belong in suicidal you're an idiot.

That's not elitism speaking that's called common sense which a lot of you forum goers who like to spiel constantly seem to lack.

Hello sir, may I inform you that you are 100% wrong on one point? I know several other examples as well but myself will do just fine. I have leveled up Sharpy, Commando, and Zerk from lvl1 (well I was lvl 2 Commando, but only lvl 0 Sharpy) all to lvl5. And Its not like it makes any big sense. The things that decides whether we win/get far or loose is the teamwork and the skill. I've had lots of nice games with only lowlevels and some really bad games with highlevels.

I Don't mean that the level doesnt make any sense, just that its not as vital as many may think. If you know how to play, where to aim, what to shoot ect. you probably belong to suicidal even if you've only got lvl1 perks.

But yes I agree on the fact that lowlvls are more often new players, which makes them noobs. But no lowlevels in suicidal is just sillywilly.

(And in almost all cases a nonmedic can heal well enough, otherwise your team is taking to much damage(well there are exceptions)).

Upvote 0
Hello sir, may I inform you that you are 100% wrong on one point? I know several other examples as well but myself will do just fine. I have leveled up Sharpy, Commando, and Zerk from lvl1 (well I was lvl 2 Commando, but only lvl 0 Sharpy) all to lvl5. And Its not like it makes any big sense. The things that decides whether we win/get far or loose is the teamwork and the skill. I've had lots of nice games with only lowlevels and some really bad games with highlevels.

I Don't mean that the level doesnt make any sense, just that its not as vital as many may think. If you know how to play, where to aim, what to shoot ect. you probably belong to suicidal even if you've only got lvl1 perks.

But yes I agree on the fact that lowlvls are more often new players, which makes them noobs. But no lowlevels in suicidal is just sillywilly.

(And in almost all cases a nonmedic can heal well enough, otherwise your team is taking to much damage(well there are exceptions)).

There's always the exception/s to the rule/s. I'm talking about when Pugging suicidal not when on a focused team of 3/5 of your buddies you know don't suck personally.

Upvote 0
100% agree, how selfish..

Selfish? Say that after you keep losing in suicidal games because of newcomers.

Once again, I'm talking about SUICIDAL. For what reason do they have to join a suicidal server without enough experience? Why do experienced players have to suffer because of them?

All I want is a filter that server admins can choose to use or not. I wouldn't care at all which difficulty newcomers played if there were just a few servers that only allow high level players.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There's always the exception/s to the rule/s. I'm talking about when Pugging suicidal not when on a focused team of 3/5 of your buddies you know don't suck personally.

Well I can assure you that there's a lot more exceptions than you think.

But If you calculate: Lets say a lvl0 Zerk still have the same chance of headshot with lametana. And all zeds except siren, fp, scrake dies if decapped. A lvl0 zerk can still stun the scrake and still kill the fp with one 9mm bullet or anything. The only thing I see that the lvl5 have but not the lvl0 is the ability to instakill sirens. If your a team hopefully a sharpy or something takes care of those problems. But the lvl0 will have less space for mistakes like if a lvl5 misses a headshot and hits the belly or w/e he often kills it anyway while the lvl0 often have to hit again. Its pretty much like this for every perk.

And the extreme case: Medic; any medic can heal enough due to the efficiency of healing others, its when it comes to healing himself he's got a minor problem.

About my playinghabits: Yes I am often playing with people I know, but absolutely not all the time. It will be interesting to see what kind of people show up now during the free weekend, probably a lot of new players^^

/Anemia

Upvote 0

Once again, I'm talking about SUICIDAL. For what reason do they have to join a suicidal server without enough experience? Why do experienced players have to suffer because of them?

All I want is a filter that server admins can choose to use or not. I wouldn't care at all which difficulty newcomers played if there were just a few servers that only allow high level players.

God forbidden how many lvl5 perk players are there by using kf-leveling maps.. I could bet that even the first timers beat the heck out of those "experienced" perk builders.
However, if not, you can't go and judge people being "unexperienced" because of their lvl1 or lvl2 perks. i mean seriously. I've seen so, so many lvl5 people and they literally SUCK, while the lvl2 one owns the map.

"Why do experienced players have to suffer because of them?"

ha ha ha...

Just cracked with laughter...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Players should never be segregated based on their perk level. In fact, the game should never require perk leveling at any point in order to play. This is a first person shooter, not an MMO.

If you own the server and wish to run it like a tyrant, then you're free to do so, manually. However, there should never be an officially implemented system that inhibits the player's choice simply because of their perk level.
somebodylikes to lose :confused:

Upvote 0
God forbidden how many lvl5 perk players are there by using kf-leveling maps.. I could bet that even the first timers beat the heck out of those "experienced" perk builders.
However, if not, you can't go and judge people being "unexperienced" because of their lvl1 or lvl2 perks. i mean seriously. I've seen so, so many lvl5 people and they literally SUCK, while the lvl2 one owns the map.

Didn't I agree that high level players can suck and the contrapositive can also be true? But how many times have you seen level 2 players faring better than level 5? At least from my experience, level 5 players are more reliable.

"Why do experienced players have to suffer because of them?"

ha ha ha...

Just cracked with laughter...
What a way to contribute to the discussion.

macom_birdman said:
hes not sexist, or racist.. hes levelist? can we make a new world like that? Nobody is gonna make a game where u limit who can and cant play based on lvl. Not a fps atleast. Some games have realms based on lvl, but if a noobie wants to test himself on suicidal then more power to him. No reason to take that abilty from him.
Call me whatever you want, but I help newcomers when I'm not playing seriously, and I do respect them. And are you reading my replies? I want a server option, not a game feature that applies to all servers. Server admins own their servers and should be allowed to do whatever they want to do with them. Can't level 5 players even have a little bit of their private space?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can't agree with you there, not even a serveroption. If there was one a lot of servers would use it and the newcomers would have a lot harder to find servers ect. Why don't you just take the instant-lvl5 mutator? Then everyone's happy, or if you only want people who have lvl5 perks. You could script one so lowperks wouldnt be able to join. and then use the instant-lvl5 mutator xD.

No autokick lowlvl players please

Upvote 0
Ye, I hope I won't see clowns like those who judges low lvl players being "unexperienced" or "noobs" or whatever.

Oh, akstylish, I've seen enough lvl5 players sucking more than 1 - 4 lvl players. Nuff said? It seems like only thing you want is lvl5 perk..
... Just wait...
... Almost there...
"level 5 players are more reliable."
Oh! There we go! You just proved my statement.

Then get instant lvl5 perk mutator and stop judging people by their perk levels.

This "lol i'm lvl5 pro im god derp derp" behaviour is going too far...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can't agree with you there, not even a serveroption. If there was one a lot of servers would use it and the newcomers would have a lot harder to find servers ect.

What if there's a limit on the number of servers with the option? If more servers try to use the option, it would be denied. Surely that's not impossible to implement, is it?

Why don't you just take the instant-lvl5 mutator? Then everyone's happy, or if you only want people who have lvl5 perks. You could script one so lowperks wouldnt be able to join. and then use the instant-lvl5 mutator xD.

I've never seen a server with instant lvl5 mutator. Can you list the servers that have it?

Griever said:
Ye, I hope I won't see clowns like those who judges low lvl players being "unexperienced" or "noobs" or whatever.

Oh, akstylish, I've seen enough lvl5 players sucking more than 1 - 4 lvl players. Nuff said? It seems like only thing you want is lvl5 perk..

My mistake. I'm happy with level 4 as well.

Then get instant lvl5 perk mutator and stop judging people by their perk levels.

I can't afford a dedicated server.

Upvote 0
So if one were to limit a server perks would you want level 5 on all classes? For instance one might have level 5 Medic but only level 1 Berserk class.

A solution I already mentioned: disable low level perks.(i.e., don't allow zerk in your example)

Either way I agree that it would be best to set up your own private server rather than have an autokick script for lower levels.

Unfortunately my friends aren't always online when I am. If they are, most of the time they are in a full server or playing other games

Upvote 0
I've never seen a server with instant lvl5 mutator. Can you list the servers that have it?

RALLFO's servers has instant lvl5 mutator.

Tripwire, don't waste your time doing this.

Games are supposed to be fun.. I bet that playing with you isn't that much of a fun. I can imagine you calling other ppl "noobs" or something like that for their mistakes. Oh, btw, I have, We lose suicidal maps alot but I don't give a flying f*** cuz it's supposed to be FUN. No one consider that being fun if you just go and call ppl "unexperienced" for losing... Except maybe you..

A solution I already mentioned: disable low level perks.(i.e., don't allow zerk in your example)

There is an alternative solution: Get yourself a server if that is so important to you so we don't have to make Tripwire waste their precious time...

Let me correct: so YOU don't have to make Tripwire waste their precious time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0