• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Grenades, take II

PETERPANs

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
I explain 2 suggestions about grenades.

1. If you throw grenade and if he blow up near another grenade or grenades on ground, it should launch them too.

2. If you are near enemy supplies you could pick enemy grenades, no ammunition to primary weapon just only enemy grenades. If you dont have any of course.

I thought this is about grenades, eh?

Grenades are currently flying through human player models, I believe TWI should end this nade sorcery in HoS. Grenades shouldn't fly through anymore, they should impact. Also they should injure the person. A Stielgranate 24 weight in at 0,48kg and hell I bet that you can accelerate this nade at least to 60km/h. What do you believe would be the result of this kissing your face? Probably you get knocked out, this would mean gamewise you're killed.
When it's hitting other body parts it should do some good damage as well.

Upvote 0
1. If you throw grenade and if he blow up near another grenade or grenades on ground, it should launch them too.

Handgrenades should be stacked very closely to each other, like in geballte ladung made out of stick grenades, to blow each other. And it works only with "offensive" nades ==> thin casing and relatively large amount of HE. With "defensive" nades this would not work well or at all, because of the thick metal casing of the nade and relatively small amount of HE.

bunchedgrenade_a.jpg

Othervice handgrenade exploding close proximity of another nade would not lead to the explosion of that another nade.

Upvote 0
And what about throwing nade inside of tank gun to disable it. It require climbing on tank. I saw training films about it. Especially early T- 34 got short gun, same as early KV -1, Stug, Pz. III, ... Stalingrad battle is related to years of early T -34, ... . I know that you cant throw it, but there should be something like press button animation, if you are really close, on top of the tank.

It could be unique achievement for game itself too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Handgrenades should be stacked very closely to each other, like in geballte ladung made out of stick grenades, to blow each other. And it works only with "offensive" nades ==> thin casing and relatively large amount of HE. With "defensive" nades this would not work well or at all, because of the thick metal casing of the nade and relatively small amount of HE.

bunchedgrenade_a.jpg

Othervice handgrenade exploding close proximity of another nade would not lead to the explosion of that another nade.

Could satchel charge launch grenade? I think yes. If grenade cant, but I think that if HE grenade explode near (I mean 1-5 cm) other HE grenade it could launch it too.

Upvote 0
And what about throwing nade inside of tank gun to disable it. It require climbing on tank. I saw training films about it. Especially early T- 34 got short gun, same as early KV -1, Stug, Pz. III, ... Stalingrad battle is related to years of early T -34, ... . I know that you cant throw it, but there should be something like press button animation, if you are really close, on top of the tank.

It could be unique achievement for game itself too.

throwing a grenade into a tank isnt possible in 99% of the cases as the hatches normally were locked :)

Upvote 0
throwing a grenade into a tank isnt possible in 99% of the cases as the hatches normally were locked :)

Ok you dont understand me see video on time 1:07, there is soldier with grenade and also its explanation how easy it is to disable tank gun if tank crew allow enemy soldiers to enter dead zone of tank itself. You can see that gun is short enough.

YouTube - Close Combat Against Russian Tanks 1942 p8

Last edited:
Upvote 0
in 99% of the cases you wont even be able to open the hatch with a crowbar

this may be possible with old tanks like the T28, but its definatley not possible with more modern tanks like the Pz4 or T34 M42/M43

I am not talking about hatch :D (if you mean entrance hatch for tank personal i think). Ok again, take short tube, it should be gun of tank, put stone inside of tube from open side, stone is grenade for example. Still dont get it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0