• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

For the upcoming Level 6 perks(or lvl5+ perks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, completing suicidal maps without cheating or glitching is a prestige. Only yourself would know, which means you can say it loud and proud, which is great and all, but still not good enough

I have 39k+ headshots all hard earned(never cheated in lvling map etc). Received lvl5 before 9mm headshots were included in the count, so saying that, I would have easily had 60k+ headshots by now.

These high requirements aint rediculously high. Yes I play everynight averaging 3hours, but thats because i mostly play KF.

Mainly use medic with the trusty and best weapon in game - the 9mm

I see! So this is about your e-peen right? It wasn't too hard to admit that now was it :D

They are ridiculously high. Just like the current lvl5 req. is ridiculously high. If you don't know how to play the class by the end of lvl4 you're in trouble... and suddenly you have to grind that amount and more again to spawn with a gun (a huge benefit) and gain the last bonus' for lvl5. I really don't care if you've played the game enough to reach lvl666 on every perk, that doesn't show i have the skill (or friends list) to complete levels on Suicidal. If your only playing this game to show off i suggest you go play 1 that allows it. But remember, gold sellers are bad.

In the words of Rorschach "Good joke, everybody laugh, roll on snare drum".

Upvote 0
I see! So this is about your e-peen right? It wasn't too hard to admit that now was it :D

They are ridiculously high. Just like the current lvl5 req. is ridiculously high. If you don't know how to play the class by the end of lvl4 you're in trouble... and suddenly you have to grind that amount and more again to spawn with a gun (a huge benefit) and gain the last bonus' for lvl5. I really don't care if you've played the game enough to reach lvl666 on every perk, that doesn't show i have the skill (or friends list) to complete levels on Suicidal. If your only playing this game to show off i suggest you go play 1 that allows it. But remember, gold sellers are bad.

In the words of Rorschach "Good joke, everybody laugh, roll on snare drum".

Half the stuff you said makes sense.

I hope TWI keep this game close to the FPS genre instead of some ridiculous MMO game style with lots of grinding like the OP suggests. Heck, those requirements are worse than most MMO games out there.

As said, some people dont think its high, most do :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Could you be a more blatant troll? You posted 3 times within 10 minutes to give very lame 1 line retort to all comments directed at you.

Steam Achievements are there for whatever you want to think. Something to be proud of for getting, something to aim for, something to show off. As the showing off goes, lol, people have to go looking around on your account to find out so that is way down the line of reasons to get them.

Why do i get the feeling you attempt to make it known you have achieved Mr Perky in every game you join instead of just playing?

Upvote 0
No, its not a joke. But I know many players are just a bunch of jokes.

There arnt many hardcore FPS players that I've played with online, only less than a handful. But lvl6 is something that should be exclusive. As I suicidal player, I dont see any need for further power boost on perks but taking it as a achievement merit is something to admire on a hardcore FPS game.

I dont glitch any of my achievements or perks and I have the following.

39,579 headshots on my sharpshooter perk,
20M+ damage support
10M berzerker damage
50K healing points
etc
etc

I dont see the big deal in those high requirements. Maybe most players just aint hardcore enough.

I know someone with 33M support damage as well.

It a suggestion and they could just make it as a merit achievement rather than a power boost. Thats why I said 'class of own'.

If any of you sad lot could be bothered sitting there cheat grinding the door for 24hrs to reach the requirements then your just embarassing yourself when a lvl3 perk plays better than you.

Am I seriously the only one to realize that he's trolling and attention-whoring? This topic is more or less pointless. TWI already has whatever is planned for the Rank 6+ perks planned and nothing discussed here and no amount of E-peen flexing by the topic creator is going to change it...

Upvote 0
Oh, so by "prestige" you mean "attention whoring".

Uhm, you might want to check up on the meaning of the word "Prestige".

Sod off back to WoW if you think having a higher level makes you better or sod off back to CoD on the Xbox if you think having a star by your name makes you better.

You might want to read what was being said. Getting level 6 will not make you better, unlike RPG's where levels do infact make you a better(stronger) player. He simply asked for it to take long enough that, if attained, it shows what type of player you are. Besides, experience usually is a sign of better knowledge, more practice etc, all the ingredients to getting better.

You say there's no much thing outside of leveling and unlocking achievements, it means that for you the only reason you play is to see a progression bar getting filled?
Achievements and stuff are for me a little extra, just here to make a game different of another, not the reason why I play.

This game is not like most MMOFPS's. It does not have differen't modes, you don't verse real-time players, all there is to this game is continuously killing AI that never changes. So, infact, there isn't much to this game, other than leveling up and getting achievements. The game doesn't get harder, situations never change, it is a game of simple repetitiveness with no reason(once everything has been attained). It needs something, be it a Lv6 that takes some work, more achievements(preferably worth doing), differen't modes(capture the flag, versus etc), even a statistics system would make a difference. It needs something.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Uhm, you might want to check up on the meaning of the word "Prestige".
You might want to check up on the fact that I was pointing out that the OP doesn't know what it means.

It's not enough to be good at the game, he wants everyone else to know it, and that's attention whoring. Basically, the OP is the Xbox Kid.

Bawks_Kid.jpg

if attained, it shows what type of player you are. Besides, experience usually is a sign of better knowledge, more practice etc, all the ingredients to getting better.
It's been repeated over and over in this and other forums:

- Grinding takes little skill, and is more an indicator of time spent than anything.
- People who cheated their Level 5 will just cheat their Level 6.
- If you haven't learned to play Support after thirty million damage, you're never going to learn to play Support. If you have learned to play Support, diminishing returns will mean that beyond a couple million, you're not going to get that much better than you are already.
- The grind can actually be detrimental to gameplay. Sometimes you don't want people welding everything in sight. Sometimes you don't want your Support using a Flamethrower just because they want to keep leveling Firebug. And before you tell them they shouldn't be so obsessed with leveling, keep in mind that if you're not max level, you're instantly kicked from most Suicidal servers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
- Grinding takes little skill, and is more an indicator of time spent than anything.
- People who cheated their Level 5 will just cheat their Level 6.
- If you haven't learned to play Support after thirty million damage, you're never going to learn to play Support. If you have learned to play Support, diminishing returns will mean that beyond a couple million, you're not going to get that much better than you are already.
- The grind can actually be detrimental to gameplay. Sometimes you don't want people welding everything in sight. Sometimes you don't want your Support using a Flamethrower just because they want to keep leveling Firebug. And before you tell them they shouldn't be so obsessed with leveling, keep in mind that if you're not max level, you're instantly kicked from most Suicidal servers.

Great finale.

To everyone, dont feed the troll.

Upvote 0
Grinding takes little skill, and is more an indicator of time spent than anything.

Well, I'd like to know of your experiences, cause as far as I can tell, suicidal is by far the fastest way to level perks and without skill one doesn't get very far grinding suicidal. Granted on modes like normal it will become a huge time sink, and I think that is why people think it's hard to reach 30million damage, cause they simply haven't become good enough to grind suicidal. So once again, if Lv6 requires 30m, then those with the skill to grind suicidal shall be shown.

People who cheated their Level 5 will just cheat their Level 6.

Unless Lv6 is some sort of huge buffing of abilities then I don't particularly care. They will cheat their way through anything no matter how hard or easy it is to obtain so why should they even play any sort of part in me rethinking my opinion.

If you haven't learned to play Support after thirty million damage, you're never going to learn to play Support. If you have learned to play Support, diminishing returns will mean that beyond a couple million, you're not going to get that much better than you are already.

Once again, it shows what type of player you are, what class you prefer, that you have more experience with that class. It shows that you have put a bit of work into that class and should be proud. I don't care about people actually learning to play before Lv6, that comes naturally with experience.

The grind can actually be detrimental to gameplay. Sometimes you don't want people welding everything in sight. Sometimes you don't want your Support using a Flamethrower just because they want to keep leveling Firebug. And before you tell them they shouldn't be so obsessed with leveling, keep in mind that if you're not max level, you're instantly kicked from most Suicidal servers.

First up, I'm simply gonna have to say I'll take your word on that whole "kicking out of suicidal" thing, seeing how I've never seen it happen(and yes, suicidal is basically the only mode I play). Even so, I think the main reason for people not playing suicidal untill Lv5 is the weapon spawn, and that has been taken care of, so Lv5 or 6 shouldn't matter. I don't understand your whole "support using flamethrower" bit, but if they wish to use it then so be it(although that sounds extremely stupid to me). The welding is perhaps the only thing that doesn't come easily through simply playing, so maybe that requirement could be lowered, although somehow I have managed to rack up 1m+ and I never play support seriously, so it does seem to come along somehow.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's not a great example, but here goes:

Counterstrike: Source, as well as the original Counterstrike (in whatever version it's currently at now) are THE staple titles in Steam's lineup of available games. The closest game to them in terms of peak players is Team Fortress 2, which falls behind Counterstrike by over 50,000 peak players.

Counterstrike and Counterstrike: Source have -

0 perks
0 RPG elements
0 achievements
0 DLC packs

However, they are THE most played FPS titles on the market, despite rampant hackers/cheaters, mic-spammers, ragers, etc. There are no elements of prestige in Counterstrike or Counterstrike: Source. There's just an FPS, and fun to be had if you're willing to play.

Killing Floor should remain in a similar vein.

Upvote 0
the requirements for lvl 6 Perk will be actually double lvl 5 perk requirements

Berserker Level 6
7 Million damage points. (lvl5= 3.5 Million)

Sharpshooter Level 6
11,000 headshots (lvl5= 5500)

Support Level 6
7 Million Damage points (lvl5= 3.5 Million)
500,000 weld points (lvl5= 250,000)

Commando Level 6
4800 stalkers (lvl5= 2400)
7 Million damage (lvl5= 3.5 Million)

Medic Level 6
50,000 heal points (lvl5= 25,000)

Firebug Level 6

end of the story.
now lock the damn topic! O:<

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Could you be a more blatant troll? You posted 3 times within 10 minutes to give very lame 1 line retort to all comments directed at you.

Steam Achievements are there for whatever you want to think. Something to be proud of for getting, something to aim for, something to show off. As the showing off goes, lol, people have to go looking around on your account to find out so that is way down the line of reasons to get them.

Why do i get the feeling you attempt to make it known you have achieved Mr Perky in every game you join instead of just playing?

Listen boi... Is discriminating all you know? I mean cmon, you as a senior member should set a better example of how to behave. Dont degrade the TWI forum dude. Not only geeks play games but pretty much a wide variety of people in the 'real' world play games. Some like it hard, some like it casual. Dont judge ppl coz you feel comfortable sitting in your chair hiding behind your PC. You wouldnt last if you said that person to person.

We're also in a 'Ideas and suggestion' thread, theres no need to flame up on something you dont agree upon, yet judge ppl and discriminate them. Now let me ask you if your behaviour makes you feel you have a big E-peen?

A simple yes or no, or you own ideas would make this place much more comfortable when ppl have suggestions for a great game.

I remember a thread I viewed back then about weapon suggestions and some dude got flamed so bad for requesting a 'katana' would be fun in the game. And what happened? few weeks later, TWI put a katana in the game. Now tell me how bad those 2 users would have felt? I know it a forum, but dude, just calm down and if you have nothing nice to say, keep it to yourself.

If Im the type of player whom you say;
Why would I want to suggest making the perk lvling higher than it is? I'd just be a sad gamer who tapes up the primary fire button just to get 1M weld points over night. Seriously dude, just calmtf down. People who has played KF with me know how i play.

Upvote 0
the requirements for lvl 6 Perk will be actually double lvl 5 perk requirements

Berserker Level 6
7 Million damage points. (lvl5= 3.5 Million)

Sharpshooter Level 6
11,000 headshots (lvl5= 5500)

Support Level 6
7 Million Damage points (lvl5= 3.5 Million)
500,000 weld points (lvl5= 250,000)

Commando Level 6
4800 stalkers (lvl5= 2400)

Medic Level 6
50,000 heal points (lvl5= 25,000)

Firebug Level 6

end of the story.
now lock the damn topic! O:<

Thank you, gd enough for me.

Upvote 0
*Pats you on the back* for a troll that was quite epic. I'm not even sure what your post meant an' hell, i didn't read half of it, but have yourself an e-cookie.

... Huh?

seriously boi, you should stop this geeky e- talk coz it dont make you look cool or feel bigger in any way.

You know you understood what I said. Anyhow I dont really dont give 2 ****s about it anymore. Case closed

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.