• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Too bad about the BF2 type stats but good news for the padders

seeing as we are announcing features, then I guess I should let you all know about, the "Hero" status that everyone is talking/whining about. It's just a feature that has been especially created for me, as I'm the biggest hero of RO. Basically I'm so 1337 tripwire is just recognizing my 1337ness and keeping a class only unlockable by myself...

But you already are my hero.

Upvote 0
I think the play progression is a good feature. Players who have been playing longer or more frequently should be rewarded....

Why? Rewarded for what exactly? Having less of a social life than better players who play less often? :rolleyes:

Then talking about giving those players access to otherwise unavailable weapons doesn't make any sense at all to me I'm afraid.

Upvote 0
I think the play progression is a good feature. Players who have been playing longer or more frequently should be rewarded.... The player progression with good stats and several " level ups "vwould be like the veterans of the war and a new player like the replacements. Veterans knew more about the battlefield and real time procedures over what was taught with better skill at firing their given weapon as to where the replacements usually didn't last long and mostly unfamiliar with there weapon or real time procedures and definitely the battlefield!

Agreed.

Upvote 0
I think it is a great idea and a nice reward for all those hours put in playing online.

I didn't know I deserved an award for spending most of my time playing games....

This whole rewards/hero thing is stupid. Yes Tripwire, you can say we don't know the individual mechanics, you are correct, but it is still stupid.

Ine of the best things about RO was, yes, it's realism. RO2 dosen't look to stay true to this. We have this BF2esque rewards crap, the breath holding accuracy garbage. Yes, that's only two issues. I'm shure I could find more if I looked, and once the game is out I'm sure I'll hear about a bunch more.

Upvote 0
I'm wholely behind this progressing thing. Grinding for something always gives a reason to play more.

RO has always been on the thin line between realism and mainstream, and it's now moving towards the latter. When you accept that, it's not so awful. Otherwise have fun raging behind your monitor.

Upvote 0
I cant wait for Heroes and stat progression!

This is going to give the game some more purpose.

Tripwire please don't listen to these whiners-idiot ranting about something they don't know anything about.

All I hear from
Major von Mauser
user_offline.gif

Is a bunch of wahhh! wah! WAHHH! Someone wipe my man tears! Wahh!

Major Von Mauser go make your own damn ww2 game and stop *****ing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I cant wait for Heroes and stat progression!

This is going to give the game some more purpose.

Tripwire please don't listen to these whiners-idiot ranting about something they don't know anything about.

All I hear from
Major von Mauser
user_offline.gif

Is a bunch of wahhh! wah! WAHHH! Someone wipe my man tears! Wahh!

Major Von Mauser go make your own damn ww2 game and stop *****ing.

the only unqualified post i read in this thread was from you
he does have a point with his concerns, be it to your liking or not

Upvote 0
There is nothing qualified about complaining about something he knows ish about.

Lets use the Jump to Conclusions mat here.

Wait tell we experiance it first before we dock it?

What a mind boggling concept!

This whole rewards/hero thing is stupid. Yes Tripwire, you can say we don't know the individual mechanics, you are correct, but it is still stupid.
- Major von Mauser
user_offline.gif

Your opinion is stupid.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There is nothing qualified about complaining about something he knows ish about.

Lets use the Jump to Conclusions mat here.

Wait tell we experiance it first before we dock it?

What a mind boggling concept!

- Major von Mauser
user_offline.gif

Your opinion is stupid.

well he still does have a point
if TWI would announce that they would implement Teletubbies into the game i wouldnt like it, even if i havnt seen it

Upvote 0
Obviously :eek:. That would warrant a Stupid post.
you dont get it eh? :rolleyes:

how would you like it if you eat in a restaurant and dont like the smell and looks of the food you get served and want to complain and then another guest there basically tells you to stfu untill you have tasted it?

THAT is stupidity imho

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Obviously! Your Right. However say you had a trusted chef who always serves you the best dishes. He gives you a dish you've never tried before, but before you taste his creation you say hes stupid for making this before even trying it.

Calling Tripwire stupid for implementing a feature no one has tried yet to me is... stupid.

I trust Tripwire. I don't understand why the people here have so much disdain for features they don't know anything about.

I haven't been led wrong by Tripwire yet.

To call them stupid for this feature, "to me" is hot-headed and "stupid" of the forum poster.

Upvote 0
seriously mate you dont have to be a fanboynazi around here

just leave the ppl to their opinnions
if they are right or wrong... only time will show that
untill then i suggest you to let everyone have their point of views and stop flaming them for having an opinnion!

i mean seriously, you as an oktober 2009 guy come here and tell ppl what they are allowed to say and what not
am i the only one who can see whats wrong here?

Last edited:
Upvote 0