• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-Departed

Zerreth

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 2, 2009
Belgium
The Wanderer & Zerreth proudly present : KF-DEPARTED

Trailer

Backstory[/SIZE]

In our escape from West-Londen we took a chopper from an abandoned military base. Halfway to recon point omega up north we ran out of fuel and had to make an emergency landing on a helipad in an industrial area. We've probably caught some attention while going down, so be ready for combat. If intel was right, there should be a train down here, maybe that's our ride out of this ****hole...
download.jpg

CONNECTENNEX - ONLINE

MOD DB - ONLINE

screenshots.jpg

BETA4 SCREENSHOTS
(New screenshots will be added soon...)

01 - 02 - 03 - 04 - 05 - 06 -

updatehistory.jpg

Spoiler!

Last edited:
thats one hell of a sexy poster

lets hope it plays as well as it looks

Hey its aretha - looks much better than the last time i played it and it even loads +++++

This is a cool map - sucks that you still can't go down onto the docks even a little. And i've also found a break in your pathnode network. Its by the rails, the zombies come for you - take a step back and they have to run all the way around the buildings lol its so funny. Of course this also makes it much easier

Last edited:
Upvote 0
the L4D/HL imagery scares me away, but the map is decent!

KF and L4D are both good games, but are totally diffent in gameplay and concept. Don't let a little poster scare you away, because that's about the only thing KF-DEPARTED has in common with L4D :)

Generally nice clean up of the last few bug and suggestion posts from other forum users. This is a beauty throughout and plays solidly as well. Good job to the pair of ya's.

Thanks. It's the community that plays these maps, and so it is our duty as mappers to create maps that are fun to play. That's why the BETA was so important to us. If we didn't have all the feedback and testing going on, we would not have been able to create this map (gameplay wise).

Upvote 0
Thanks. It's the community that plays these maps, and so it is our duty as mappers to create maps that are fun to play. That's why the BETA was so important to us. If we didn't have all the feedback and testing going on, we would not have been able to create this map (gameplay wise).

When reading that the national anthem was playing in the background of my head. Weird choice of words you got there :p

Upvote 0
Now I'll review my own map :D (which is weird, but fun and I can learn from this :D)

Well, maybe you'll learn you basically should not do it. No matter how accurate you are :rolleyes:

I have to say that I missed beta 4, but it improved a lot since 2. Still there is this issue with the behemothian nature of this map. Sometimes one may think it's too much to handle ;)

Upvote 0
New trailer available !

Trailer

Sorry
I would also like to apologize for the recent devellopments in the Icebreaker thread. We're all in this competitive, hostile mapping contest which brings up the worst in us. I hope in a few weeks from now we can all look back and laugh with this.

Good luck to all mappers of Wave 2 !

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Looks fantastic. It's actually a small map once you get used to it and you find yourself returning to the same old spot. We found ourselves camping the promenade or the Mercedes car outside the trader every time with no incentive or force to run anywhere else. We're friendly fire pros so digging in is part and parcel since you cannot UT bunny nade it so it'll take more than what is in this map to make us move.

That said super amatuer effort. And it's on the DSAS server leeching an ISP so all are welcome download and to have a look for themselves.

Upvote 0
Great job guys! This level is packed with custom content! You really put some nice detail in areas. The one room with the blood and steam coming from the pipes is really well done (not to say that the rest of the map isn’t) :).

There is one thing that I felt was absent from this level and that was sounds. You have some really good opportunities to add triggered sounds alerting the player where the zeds are coming from. Secondly, select areas felt to “clean”. Even if it wasn’t a zombie invasion these areas still looked a little to pristine for the overall look and feel of the environment.

Very well done for a school project, you guys should be proud of what you have accomplished with this level. Take what you have learned in the process and keep working at it. I will keep my eyes peeled for your ‘post’ release.

Upvote 0
Hey

Hey

This is a good looking map. You guys should be proud of it. I still think the pink hearts kinda ruin the feel a little. I am sure the ladies of KF love it though. Yes women play FPS.:D We had some complaining because there where no female skins in 3D art. Get your wife or girlfriend hooked on gaming and do not have to worry about playing to much.;) Good luck.

Sorry
I would also like to apologize for the recent devellopments in the Icebreaker thread. We're all in this competitive, hostile mapping contest which brings up the worst in us. I hope in a few weeks from now we can all look back and laugh with this.
Good luck to all mappers of Wave 2 !

Actually most of are in for the fun of it and prizes come second. Wave 1 was very friendly. I also hope in a few weeks we can look back and laugh. I also hope we continue having good quality mappers building to keep the game alive. But enough on that. Good luck. Have Fun Play Hard.

One more thing. Nice job on your video. Well put together.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nice looking map, if this were an art competition Departed would probably win. However I think as designers you need to look closely at the amount and file sizes of your assets.

Its simply not practical if all the custom maps created used such an extent of new material. You need to think about the end users of your map, which is the players and server admins. Even more so when custom maps undergo several changes.

If every map were to be 300mb+ people would give up trying to play them for lack of room on their hard drive and we would find server admins crying in a corner as they need to keep shutting down servers fo hours at a time to update them.

Just something to think about for next time. :)

Upvote 0
Nice looking map, if this were an art competition Departed would probably win. However I think as designers you need to look closely at the amount and file sizes of your assets.

Its simply not practical if all the custom maps created used such an extent of new material. You need to think about the end users of your map, which is the players and server admins. Even more so when custom maps undergo several changes.

If every map were to be 300mb+ people would give up trying to play them for lack of room on their hard drive and we would find server admins crying in a corner as they need to keep shutting down servers fo hours at a time to update them.

Just something to think about for next time. :)

bigger is always better, i thought you know that?

Upvote 0