• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-IcebreakerV1

DamDam

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
NAME : KF-Icebreakerv3
AUTHORS : Damien LAURENT and Yoann GUILLOUD
FILENAME : KF-IcebreakerV3.rom

KF-Icebreaker.jpg

My friend Yoann and me introduce our map for the second wave of Killing Floor contest. We tried to create a boat during a storm with an interesting layout. We used subterfuge like "pitching view" or animated light projector to simulate movement on a sea.

The map is separated in two parts : the big outdoor and the confined indoor.Even though the scene takes place on a boat, we tried to keep an interresting layout.
hopping you'll enjoy

DESCRIPTION OF THE MAP :
The Nuclear Icebreaker of Advanced Genetics.

Map Download on ModDB.
Mirror on my personal website.

STORY/BACKGROUND :
"Career opportunities :

Welcome to Advanced Genetics!
You will work with some of the industry's most talented, driven, and ingenious people, and together you will create the most epic specimens ever !
The laboratory is located on a Nuclear Icebreaker, indeed, Advanced Genetics is focused on working beyond code of ethics and isolated from the world to keep creativity.
You will access you own human guinea-pig to make experiments like you never did !

Charly Atkinson, scientist in Advanced Genetics for 3 months:
"We can do everything ! That's crazy ! Last week, I created the best household servant ever grafting him two arms more. I love Advanced Genetics !"

We foster an environment of motivation and camaraderie, and, in opposition to Horzine INC., we offer highly competitive salaries and benefits.
Manpower recently decreased so, we have some carrer opportunities ! Be smart, take your chance, your dream job is waiting for you !
If you’re looking for work that will challenge and inspire you, a job that will offer tremendous personal and professional growth, then Advanced Genetics is the right place for you!

Seasick drugs are offered, so, welcome on board !"

Screenshots :

KF-Icebreaker_preview01.jpg

KF-Icebreaker_preview02.jpg

Last edited:
The map is not ready /o\, but if you are interested by a career opportunities at Advanced Genetics, you can find more info here.

Commonly Asked Questions

- How do I get a job at Advanced Genetics ?
Please refer to the jobs section of our website for a current list of opportunities.

- Do you have any internships or summer jobs at Advanced Genetics ?
Please visit our University Relations webpage for more information regarding internship opportunities.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
To the Tripwire staff :
It seems we have a problem to submit our map directly on moddb.com, for now, we submitted the map with a link related to a personal website (so , it works). Anyway, we still trying to submit directly on the official website, so please, be patient.
We apologize for the delay.

Upvote 0
To the Tripwire staff :
It seems we have a problem to submit our map directly on moddb.com, for now, we submitted the map with a link related to a personal website (so , it works). Anyway, we still trying to submit directly on the official website, so please, be patient.
We apologize for the delay.

PM/E-mail me directly if you have issues so we make sure the submission gets in.

Upvote 0
I've created an account here just to say this map ROCKS !!! :D

Always wanted this type of map, a big ship in a storm with indoor and outdoor areas, didnt even think the way you could change the view to replicate being in a stormy sea was possible for this game !

Lighting is good, can be a bit dark indoors, but that all depends if you like using the flashlight or not, nice style with the scientific tech onboard. If this is going into the next mapping competition wave it stands a very good chance of winning.

Only thing is I havent tried playing with other people yet, dunno how well gameplay wise it would do then. I think it would do well though, plenty of places to go.

Upvote 0
Hey

Hey

I am downloading the map to my servers as I type this. It is a huge file. I have redirect built into my servers. So if anyone wants to give it whirl it should download fast for you. Look forward to playing it. I think you have another good shot for the win by looking at the screen shots. Damn with money from the wave 1 you should have been able to seriously upgrade your software. I will build pretty maps like this some day. LOL. There are so many good maps. I would love just to place.:D

Upvote 0
Looks nice as one would expect from the winner of wave. Though I get the impression there was not as much play testing as there should have been. A number of broken paths exist as well as places zeds cannot reach the player. for example:

ice031009_v11.jpg

You really got to give these things at least a good 10 hours testing with 6 players to really iron out those point deducting foilables. Pity you never released it as a beta.

Last edited:
Upvote 0