• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor North America Store Sitings

simple, walmart will take anything as a return even if it was never originally stocked in walmart.

seriously, if you ever get christmas gifts that you don't want and don't know where it was from, just go to walmart. i've returned tons of stuff there even though i knew walmart didnt stock it but they'll give you in store credit and accept pretty much anything. if it isn't in their system they'll usually just put it on some clearance rack as a special item and add a generic price tag to it.

chances are somebody got it from best buy and returned it to walmart for some reason or another and when the customer service people had an employee doing "go-backs" (putting returns etc... back on the shelves) the employee just stuck it on the shelf with the rest of the PC games.

i wouldn't be surprised to see KF in walmart though, considering that's where i bought RO back in '06

Upvote 0
KFBB_SM.jpg

When I first saw this I thought it was a little odd. A little disappointed at first because of the unforunate product placement showing L4D is selling better than KF side by side (rubbing it in). Then I inspected the KF stack and there was only 3 copies (2 now) sitting in front of 3 copies of L4D. I took it up to the clerk and without even asking the he said it was a killer game. They apparently have a lot of ppl (employed) there that play it and really enjoy it. I thanked him. I didn't ask but after that I can't rule out the the placement was arranged to have KF stand out a little more ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Eww, the two reviews on Amazon make it out to be a horrible game, perhaps we should write some positive reviews! We all know the game isn't perfect, but it's damn fun.

I bought KF on a whim because my friend recommended it and I felt like spending some dough on steam. There are very few games that I can play over and over again because i'm pretty ADD and get bored of games easy. KF is one of those games.

The reason people give it bad reviews is because the video game industry is on an "epic streak". Games that are epic and chaotic sell more then games that have a more arcade style of gameplay. People just seem to have forgotten how fun a game can be without being "epic". Game companies are more concerned with what looks cool rather then what is fun.

Upvote 0
I bought KF on a whim because my friend recommended it and I felt like spending some dough on steam. There are very few games that I can play over and over again because i'm pretty ADD and get bored of games easy. KF is one of those games.

The reason people give it bad reviews is because the video game industry is on an "epic streak". Games that are epic and chaotic sell more then games that have a more arcade style of gameplay. People just seem to have forgotten how fun a game can be without being "epic". Game companies are more concerned with what looks cool rather then what is fun.

If you read the reviews on Amazon, they were more concerned about it being too violent, or something.

Oh yeah - and Dead Space is getting 2.5 / 5 stars on Amazon , too... So KF's rating probably says more about the Amazon crowd, than about the game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you read the reviews on Amazon, they were more concerned about it being too violent, or something.

Oh yeah - and Dead Space is getting 2.5 / 5 stars on Amazon , too... So KF's rating probably says more about the Amazon crowd, than about the game.

Amazon should be only allowed to review games for the Wii as those are the only kind of games they will find acceptable.

Upvote 0