• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Fleshpound guide for Public servers

Of course, they are weak against explosives (look at the script). I'm positive the decap issue is a glitch. Or again a poorly implemented feature which only works half the time.

It's clear you are positive :).

If you're really adamant about this I would suggest filing a bug rather than hijacking this topic. This debate is not the purpose of this thread.

Upvote 0
There's no point filing a bug report since TWI will ignore it for ages and then finally declare it a 'feature'. But yes, I did kind of hijack your thread (the one detailing how to take advantage of a glitch hehe), sorry.

It is actually part of normal gameplay as far as I understand. In fact, I have a feeling it has been made even easier to achieve these days.

I'd consider deliberately enraging FPs on people trying to deal with them by decapping them as griefing other players, which deserves a kick from the server.

Upvote 0
The decap is a known feature, not a bug. All zombies have a weakness, FPs have a particularly bad one. Think about it, you **** up the decap? You're in trouble.

Oh and it isn't suicidal to try the decap when it's enraged. The only difference is that when it's enraged you're nigh guaranteed to take a hit from it (so make sure you're on full health). When it's yellow you probably won't even take a scratch.

Upvote 0
Do you have evidence to back this up? :)

I'm going on a hunch here and correct me if I'm wrong but TWI must have put in code to actually make this a feature on purpose. It needs very specific timing to pull off. Think about it. No other specimen in the game has a timing based decap weakness. It must have been put there to give those with little ammo or available firepower (in the case of the commando or firebug) on suicidal a chance to survive when an fp shows up.

If you're not using a chainsaw, ak or bullpup, this can be pretty risky, so you have to consider the risks involved before running at an enraged fp.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What? I asked for evidence, not a nonsense statement.

My point was there is no evidence required. With even the most vague idea of how this application works you can logically deduce that it is intentional behavior and not a bug.

It's also tedious to explain the logic and I'm just not sure I care enough to go through it for an Intarwebs debate.

Oh...and there was that pc gamer interview with the devs. I read it on the crapper so I don't think I can provide it as reference.

Upvote 0
My point was there is no evidence required.
So what you're saying is, there is no evidence whatsoever.

With even the most vague idea of how this application works you can logically deduce that it is intentional behavior and not a bug.
It's completely illogical that the most powerful specimen in the game should have such a silly weakness.

Oh...and there was that pc gamer interview with the devs.
I've already addressed this. It's not relevant.

I'm not saying all this purely for the sake of arguing, I do actually want to know for sure if it is a glitch or a feature.

Upvote 0
My point was there is no evidence required.
So what you're saying is, there is no evidence whatsoever.

No Evidence required is not the same as there being no evidence. If you're missing that logical bit then I am doubly sure I don't want to explain the rest.

If this is really that big of a deal to you then go file a bug. In the meantime you've rendered ongoing discussion on the original topic useless.

Go start a thread instead of hijacking this one. Fair nuf?

Upvote 0
Well Benjamin, amidst your over-abundance of self-righteousness, let me ask you, can YOU prove, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that the instant decap on fleshpounds is a glitch?

In one of the patches, the Medic perk was slowed down and the fleshpounds changed to auto-rage to prevent kiting. Do you not think that the devs would have known about it, and fixed it in a patch that dealt directly with methods of killing the fleshpound while still leaving what you claim is a "glitch" still in the game?

I do admit, I laughed when you claimed that the FP's weakness was explosives. Babies are known to have soft spots on the top of their heads where the skull has not completely developed. I would think that everyone, not just babies, would be vulnerable to explosives.

Also, you actually work AGAINST your team, just because they're trying to actually win the game in a common and accepted manner? That, and the fact that you're more concerned with the killing method, instead of covering your team's ***, is low. I'm saddened that you prefer to be entertained with pissing people off than actually playing the game.

Upvote 0
Well Benjamin, amidst your over-abundance of self-righteousness, let me ask you, can YOU prove, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that the instant decap on fleshpounds is a glitch?
1. Er, no, hence the debate. If we had proof that it was a glitch we wouldn't be debating whether it is or not.

2. You can't prove God doesn't exist, so does this mean that he does? (don't respond to this if you're a theist :)).

3. I don't know what you mean by self-righteousness, elaborate?

In one of the patches, the Medic perk was slowed down and the fleshpounds changed to auto-rage to prevent kiting. Do you not think that the devs would have known about it, and fixed it in a patch that dealt directly with methods of killing the fleshpound while still leaving what you claim is a "glitch" still in the game?
It wasn't as known about then, and it's not simply a case of deciding to fix a particular bug. Some things take time to fix, and when they are determined to take a significant amount of effort to fix the effort may be placed on other fixes for the nearer releases.

I do admit, I laughed when you claimed that the FP's weakness was explosives.
Why, do you think this was a bad design decision? All enemies as powerful as this one need a weakness, and TWI decided that explosives would be the weakness of this one (not a glitch that allows you to kill it with a single hit from the weakest weapon in the game lololololo). Here's some code from his script (ZombieFleshPound.uc):

Code:
    // He takes less damage to small arms fire (non explosives)
    // Frags and LAW rockets will bring him down way faster than bullets and shells.
    if ( DamageType != class 'DamTypeFrag' && DamageType != class 'DamTypeLaw' )
    {
        Damage *= 0.5;
    }
    // double damage from frags
    else if (DamageType == class 'DamTypeFrag')
    {
        Damage *= 2.0;
    }
I realise a lot of you want to believe your favourite glitch is a feature, but until I hear it confirmed from TWI I won't believe it, and I don't think anyone else should either.

Also, you actually work AGAINST your team, just because they're trying to actually win the game in a common and accepted manner?
Among some servers it's a common and accepted manner to use exploits, are you saying that while there I should use those glitches too? As it happens, the only time I ever work against my team is when I'm playing on a large player server where everyone messes about. It adds a lot of spice to the otherwise ordinary game.

That, and the fact that you're more concerned with the killing method, instead of covering your team's ***, is low.
Of course, this totally isn't a totally flawed statement. In that case, why don't you use a trainer to aim at the heads of specimens instead of aiming manually? While you're at it use the hacks that allow you unlimited grenades and such. It'd help your team much more. Excuse my sarcasm - I don't mean to be rude, but such statements almost elicit such a response.

I'd like to say now that if you want to continue this conversation, let's please keep it civilised! :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I do admit, I laughed when you claimed that the FP's weakness was explosives.

I don't see how nuke-enemy-on-sight button is a weakness in the proper meaning of the word.

Also, you actually work AGAINST your team, just because they're trying to actually win the game in a common and accepted manner?

That doesn't change the fact it is retarded to some degree. Sure it's not my issue if someone wants to use it, but then comes the elitistic "pro" club in that if you don't use it, you're a piss-poor "noob" for them and you can get kicked and banned from that (yes, has happened to me. I decided to kill FP + mob with nades instead of going nuke-enemy-on-sight button and the "pro" admin was not happy about it).

Another thing that might be not that known for people is that on FF servers (yes, talking about small minority here) the instadecap is not exactly the best thing to do. It is quite amusing though when you see someone running up front in front of the mob that has FP in middle of it and then complain about stupid teammates when they end up killing him as he was linedancing in front of the regular enemies and then take out the FP with regular firepower in a one neat gunline.

I know this sounds like being an elitistic prick, but personal experience on this subject is quite funny, as if playing on FF server with some reasonable folk, you don't see anyone attempting FP nuke-on-sight button as they're taken down with firepower (and often without taking any damage in return), while on non-FF servers you can see people going berserk quite literally on anything that is moving with ichy trigger fingers.

Upvote 0
First off, let me apologize for being a prick. I was having a rough couple of hours. :)

2. You can't prove God doesn't exist, so does this mean that he does? (don't respond to this if you're a theist :)).
No, but that doesn't mean he doesn't exist, either.

(not a glitch that allows you to kill it with a single hit from the weakest weapon in the game lololololo).
Every enemy can be killed with one shot, with the exception of the Patriarch. Clots and Crawlers are one shot with pretty much anything, Bloats can be decapped with a single 9mm shot. Scrakes can be taken down with a single Crossbow Bolt to the right of their head. Gorefasts go down similarly. Sirens take one crossbow bolt and some other weapons. And finally, the Fleshpound can go down with a single shot from any weapon.

It's a big weakness, yes, but I think the precision of timing needed for it, and the sheer balls needed to get up into the face of the deadliest common enemy in the game speaks for it being intentional. Even if the move goes flawlessly, the FP still poses a threat for a good five or so seconds.

Also, I never said the FP wasn't vulnerable to explosives, but so is everything else (I think the Scrake isn't, but you can still blow it up). I mean, the Scrake also has an easy way to take him down, using the secondary attack of a melee weapon. That might be called a glitch as well, but still, it's there.

My preferred way to take down a FP is a few Crossbow bolts to the head. If there's two Crossbow Sharpshooters, it's not even a challenge. I find the easy decap method to be too risky, since now, it doesn't do the headbutt as it's first attack anymore.

Upvote 0
Geeze...Whether the soft spot on an FP is a glitch or not so what. If you have brought it up to TW, and they gave you an answer, and they haven't changed the soft spot, why keep questioning. If you don't like the way certain things are in the game, then simply don't play. Not everyone can be pleased ALL the time...:mad:

Agreed. Besides, it's not like it's easy to hit. Even with the bullpup you can still mess up the timing. The FP has to be targeting you, so you can't do it for someone else. If it's raged, that makes it harder. You often - almost always - take damage from the FP.

I think as far as strategies go it's pretty balanced.

Upvote 0