• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Too bad about the BF2 type stats but good news for the padders

BeerHunter

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 25, 2005
Was disappointed to find out this is going to have online stats and unlocks ala BF2.

Biggest problem I see are , well , obviously, the stat padders who will swarm to this game to get the "HERO" medal and unlocks.

Unlocks also tend to put the casual gamer (one who has other interests and only plays a few hours on a week end rather than making a career out of it) at a disadvantage because he's up against the more "advanced" weapons.

BF2 was a fiasco and I thought others had learned from EA's mistake. Apparently not.

Sure there will be attempts to stop the padding but no system is fail proof and they will persist , potentially ruining what could have been a great follow up to RO.

Obviously , as I'm a casual gamer , other than SP this probably isn't the game I should be playing online.

seeing as we are announcing features, then I guess I should let you all know about, the "Hero" status that everyone is talking/whining about. It's just a feature that has been especially created for me, as I'm the biggest hero of RO. Basically I'm so 1337 tripwire is just recognizing my 1337ness and keeping a class only unlockable by myself...

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Personally I'm not against any kind for stats or achievments. I even vote for them. Some players play only in the name of ranks, medals and achievments. For example Team Fortress 2 is dumb game but has about 250 steam achievments :lol:. More players = bigger game popularity = more frags for us :)

The only thing which one i'm worry about is hero and access to best weapons... Soviet soldier with vodkashnikov 47 or german soldat with letherhosen armor? i can't imagine that.

Upvote 0
Since when does "rarest weapons and equipment" equals "better"?
It could be class specific equipment used for leadership or alternative version of weapons.

We don't know anything yet.

Regardless, I don't want to see a +1 kind of thing. Kar98k+1, G41+1.

You know what I mean. Levelups should be equal to prestige mode in COD4 if anything, NOT equal to the regular game mode.

That said, Tripwire, please keep in mind that I will probably grind my *** off for any cool gear you put in this game, so please, have a heart and put it within arm's reach. There's no reason to force people to play this game for years to unlock all the content and there's no reason to force people to play for weeks just to unlock gear that should be available in the first place.

The persistent stat tracking is just dumb. We don't need stat tracking. It's a waste of server space.

Upvote 0
^ He does. He's been to the future and he brought Space-Doughnuts as proof. He knows things about your game that even you don't know yet!

Actually i think he is from Cronotech (the game Darkest of Days)..... he has seen the game in the future and he is coming back in time to warn us of something aweful......

the only problem is that some other Cronotech agent already visited the TW guys and eliminated the one moron trying to convince the rest to add in crazy unlockables and weapons upgrades.

:D

Upvote 0