• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Falling to the ground when shot in the feet/legs

The_Emperor

Grizzled Veteran
May 9, 2009
Milkyway
Hiho

basically the title yet states the idea of the thread but I go for a more detailed description.

Imagine you can't see your enemy's upper body and head but you can see his legs and feet. Now where this could occur? When he's behind a vehicle or standing on the stairs. In Ostfront or other games you'd be just shooting his feet/legs until there is no hitpoints left. Now what about you shooting his legs and he's falling to the ground? Now you could headshot him or whatever.

The idea to post my idea derived from this posting
I hope you won't be able to pistol whip somebody in the foot to death like in Ost front.
But also from thoughts about the actual gameplay and the things I've seen A.I. soldiers are reacting in several (arcade) games. F.ex. Crysis, Call of Duty series.

Fellas, your thoughts please! :)

Actually you don't die at once just because you're shot in the legs. A different thing is when they are really ripped off by a grenade or other explosive anti-men device.

I am not sure, are you talking about RO:OST or real life. :confused:

In real life, no you would not die instantly. But in game you do. You have to understand that allthought IRL soldier would not die instantly from hit to leg/legs, in game it

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think we're about the wrong point. I do understand that no one wants to play a soldier waiting for dying. :)
I just meant that like one shot to the leg should cause that you fall to the ground. That several players might whine about losing control, well did TWI listen to those who said "Ostfront is a nice game but we need crosshairs!"? They didn't.

Still I will like the game also without this feature. ;)

Upvote 0
I'm kinda in the same boat as RedGuardist.

Falling to the floor would be a neat effect, but the way RO works, that would usually be a kill shot and they would fall anyway.

If it doesn't "kill" them, then as far as we know he should be OK to move without falling.

But, you never know. Maybe the damage system is a lot more developed than that and can handle such effects realistically. If that's true then I wouldn't object as long as the falling down is kept to a minimum to avoid headaches.

Upvote 0
I think you should fall to the ground.. it would be annoying, but realistic. I mean if I got shot in the shoulder I'd probably fall to the ground crying IRL anyways... :p
Plus I heard some soldier talking once saying that a guy got shot in the leg, bullet hit his knee cap or something and ricocheted up through his torso and killed him...

oohh, what could be cool is that if u r shot in the leg, u lay there screaming for help and crying.. and u loose control of ur character (die) respawn and your "old" character is now an NPC and you can put him out of his misery unless someone beat u to it! haha...

Upvote 0
I agree with Redguardist. I don't want any kind of Martyrium DON'T ****IN CHANGE RO GAMEPLAY :D.

Matyrium? Who said, just because I named CoD's AI soldiers, it should be a life grenade you're dropping when dying? :confused:

Ostfront feels sometimes like a nice trip to the Eastern Front. By implementing this the player loses control just like you'd lose control of your body in reality. ppl here on the forums mostly mention realism to strengthen their argumentation but I know that 100% realism is like "Once killed - Blackscreen forever!". But believe this idea is within fair. On one side people complain that you can be bashed to death at your foot and now when you shortly lose control of your character and you do not even die (!) ppl scream like "Hang him for this bs idea!" WTF?

Upvote 0
i suggest to do as in ArmA....if you are shotted in the legs by a bullet, you must crawl, and you cannot walk until you are healed by a medic....
But as there are no medics in the game, I'd rather die from a few shots in the leg than having to crawl around the whole map.

PS:
That perk is called martyrdom in english, get the word right.:p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think it would be cool if when sprinting you fall forward when shot in the leg. Currently in ROOST when shot in the leg while sprinting you lose all your momentum instantly and move very slowly. If you fell to prone it would look a lot more natural, and most people when shot in that way will try and go prone anyway since they are immobile in a vulnerable position.

Upvote 0