• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Crouching and not falling off edges.

nath2009uk

Grizzled Veteran
May 25, 2009
England, UK
I think this should be removed.
AFAIK, you could still fall off edges in KF2.5, but you can't in the retail version while crouched.

A few times I have got stuck in wierd places (Like jumping into a window gap to get stuck :p) and not able to get out.
Besides, this would add to the realism factor, amirite?

I understand the reason for including the feature, but it also allows for some very easy glitching. While some might respond, "Well let the people who want to glitch do so, I want my ability," but I think it is pretty fair to say the ledge-edging ability isn't useful a huge amount of time and it makes mapping more difficult because you have to take this into consideration.

Upvote 0
I understand the reason for including the feature, but it also allows for some very easy glitching. While some might respond, "Well let the people who want to glitch do so, I want my ability," but I think it is pretty fair to say the ledge-edging ability isn't useful a huge amount of time and it makes mapping more difficult because you have to take this into consideration.

Why does it matter if glitchers glitch? it's a co-op game. There's no such thing as unfair advantage in this game.

And also, it depends on how you play the game. I myself use the feature near-constantly.

Upvote 0
Why does it matter if glitchers glitch? it's a co-op game. There's no such thing as unfair advantage in this game.

Say that when you're on the ground trying to play fair normally on Manor and 3 people are glitched completely OFF THE MAP, unable to be touched... If/When you die, you get the pleasure of seeing them sit with 9mms trying to headshot farm the rest of the 200+ specimen wave...

Yeah, totally fair...

Upvote 0
Say that when you're on the ground trying to play fair normally on Manor and 3 people are glitched completely OFF THE MAP, unable to be touched... If/When you die, you get the pleasure of seeing them sit with 9mms trying to headshot farm the rest of the 200+ specimen wave...

Yeah, totally fair...

Yes its annoying as hell. Why hasn't that roof glitch on manor been removed yet? It was supposed to have been done on the heavy metal update :(

Upvote 0
I actually like the ability of not falling to a certain death when I try to try to shoot Zeds below me from higher positions on maps like Orman Manor and such. I don't use the feature to glitch or exploit, so why should I be punished for something someone else did. Removing this feature would just make it a bit more difficult for the map exploiters to use the exploit, but wouldn't stop them. Instead it would make my job a lot harder. And yes, I am only average as a player, so I like it.

How about making this a toggle for players who do not want it?

Top stop glitching and exploiting the maps, the only real solution is to fix the maps.

Upvote 0
Most maps has very little z-axis fighting. In general when I test maps a huge number of them have lurking issues that can be exploited with this ability. If a popular map has these issues then they can easily pop up out of nowhere and ruin the map for legit players. A mapper would likely have to put out a new build or watch that map sink into oblivion. Very few maps don't need this function so I think it should be removed.

Upvote 0
Most maps has very little z-axis fighting. In general when I test maps a huge number of them have lurking issues that can be exploited with this ability. If a popular map has these issues then they can easily pop up out of nowhere and ruin the map for legit players. A mapper would likely have to put out a new build or watch that map sink into oblivion. Very few maps don't need this function so I think it should be removed.

Well, it is the mappers job to make an unexploitable map in the first place.
If there is a fault in the product, it should be fixed instead of reducing features that cause the fault to happen. That is just bad practice.

Upvote 0
Well, it is the mappers job to make an unexploitable map in the first place.
If there is a fault in the product, it should be fixed instead of reducing features that cause the fault to happen. That is just bad practice.

In most cases I would agree with you, but no this one. I generally use this feature to toe the edge so I can shoot zeds nearly under the ledge. I they are far enough out you (35 degrees or so) can go up to the edge and still hit them without falling off.

On the other hand the feature allows the player to have most of the player model past a volume under them were it would be impossible for a human player to move so they won't fall off. As a map tester I have found countless exploits that require this ability, and personally I use the edging ability very little, A slight blocking volume issue, a slight edge, or object on a wall can all cause issues.

The large amount of work it causes with very little benefit to the players seems to suggest that this would be an ability that should be removed.

Also, if the mapper feels they should have a ledge up high were you are shooting down at zeds being able to fall off the ledges should be a difficult part since z-axis fighting is so overwhelmingly in the player's favor.

Last edited:
Upvote 0