• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor Glossary

Sniperdragon

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Netherlands
Glossary for all those people new to KF, and wonder what those KF oldies are talking about. Any KF oldies, PM me any missing things and I will add them.
Also, if this gets useful enough, could a mod sticky it?
You can already pm me for suggestions as for what to put in. I will not put people in unless they are very, very known (ZB, Alex and Dotman are a good example of this, the first showing how to became famous by being a douche)
Please do NOT reply to this, PM me instead, as to keep it to the core idea, to help the greenhorns understand the oldies ;)
Pictures will be added in due time, when KF retails is released, So I can add up to date pictures.

A.

Alex Quick: He was the core developer of the mod, before it was turned over to the hands of tripwire. Now still working closely with the tripwire team

[AM]: Axemen, one of the oldest clans in KF, known for their love for the axe. Goddamn they love their axe. Hence their name.

Axe: Weapon with the most melee damage and striking range in the game.
B.

Bloat: This is the fatman specimen you see limping around. While he wields a rather nasty butcher's knife, the real pain comes from his puke. If he pukes over you, you take quite some damage over time.

Bullpup: The L85a2. It is the only assault rifle in the game. Has a scope.
C.

Chainsaw: Name explains it all. Whilst you can not buy it, it is an hidden weapon in some of the maps. Wasn't included because it was really buggy.

Clot: Your average clo(w)ne. Slow, weak, and stupid. Can be dangerous in large quantities, especially if they get a hold on you. Really anything works on them, although using melee is recommended to save ammunition.

Compound Crossbow: A very powerful crossbow. Arrows fly in a straight arc, and can penetrate multiple enemies. You can re-use arrows by picking them up.

Crawler: These little critters jump everywhere. they have rather low health, but are very hard to hit. Best to take them out with dualies or a bullpup. Roasting them also works well.
D.

Dotman: See Marco

Dualies: Dual 9mm. Double the damage, double the speed.

Deagle/Desert Eagle: See Handcannon

Deployable turret: A .50cal deployable turret. It was never really introduced in the mod, although the skin and the model and the code to make it work were there. However due to the way KF was coded, as soon as you left the turret, you died.

DRF: Disaster Response Force. They were the first to hit the streets during the outbreak. Because of their bravery many survived. They were however woefully outnumbered.
F.

Flamethrower: The flamethrower. This weapon is not for Rambo's. While it does some initial damage as you hit the specimen, most damage is dealt over time. Thus you have to burn the little critters, then run like hell. Rinse and repeat. however, might you get trapped, you need buddies to save you, since you can't output a lot of damage in a short amount of time, like the shotgun.

Fleshpound (commenly abbreviated FP). Don't get up close with this fella. He's rather tall, strong, and has some very strong arms. No, he is not a pro-wrestler. Nor a model. He likes to crush things. Human things.
G.

Gorefast: One of the specimens chasing you. This one speeds up if it can smell your fear.

Grenades: Pretty obvious. Pull the pin and throw them in situations where they take out 5 or more specimens. Or when you are about to be overwhelmed and want to take as many of 'dem bastards with you as you can.
H.

Handcannon: Its a rather large pistol. It shoots .50cal slugs. Deadly up close, but at a distance a tad to innaccurate.

Hive: The hive. Its an awesome map created by kick3r. You can play the movie the way it should be. With you in the
leading role. Its an EXACT replica of The Hive in the movie.

HTR (Hold The Roof): Common abbrevation on the map office, where the main tactic to survive is to all gather at the roof, weld all doors, prepare for the enemy and give it your all.

Hunting Shotgun (commonly abbreviated to HS: The most devestating weapon in any soldiers arsenal. When all slugs hit, Anything but the Scrake and Fleshpound is obliterated in one shot.
K.

Knife: The lightest weapon in the game, which allows you to run quickly. When paired with the berserker perk, you gain quite an impressive speed boost.
L.

The L.A.W. Think of a big bazooka. Now think bigger. That is the L.A.W. Warning: Do NOT fire when friendlies are bound to walk through your line of fire. Seriously, don't. They won't die. You will.
M.

Machine Pistol: Another hidden weapon in the game. While it looks just like the normal pistol, it actually fires rather fast. Again it is not buyable and only hidden in some of the maps.

Marco: When 2.5 was in trouble due to coding issues, Marco turned up and fixed a lot of the code, making it possible for Alex to release 2.5 and focus even more on the graphics and artwork.
P.

Patriarch: The boss in the new KF. Has a minigun/rocket launcher as one arm, and a rather powerful claw as another. Treat with care.

Perks: If you kill enough Specimen and reach certain achievements, you can choose upgrades to strengthen yourself, and kill more Specimen.

Pipe: A lead pipe. Its damage and speed are inbetween the knife and the axe. Good for blunt force trauma and sewage.

PWD: Another clan in KF. At first, they behaved like douches. However, they turned around to be decent. Not really, really friendly, but you could talk and have fun with most of them.
R.

Robot: A rather famous KF player. He put together a few mappacks, making it possible to download 60+ maps at one time @ full speed, instead of downloading them one by one through a servers ****ty 20kbps. He also has a rather huge KF playtime.
S.

SEALs place and SEAL: A server some retard started. He thought, and said on the forums, he single-handedly revived the community with his server and that we owed him so much for that. Also stole artwork from Alex.

Siren: This little strapped up lady screams 'till your head explodes. Literally. Up really, really close she has a rather weak bite.

Shotgun (Commonly called the shotty): Your average shotgun. Get close. Aim. Fire. Fire again. Reload.

Stalker: This lady can cloak herself. You can only see her briefly when she attacks. Or when she is dead. You probably want to see the latter. Watch out for her melee attack. Her combo hurts quite a bit.
W.

Winchester (Commonly called the win, or the winch): The only rifle in the game. This is a weapon you want to use from behind your buddies. Capable of scoring constant headshots, if you take enough time.
X.

Xbow: See Compound Crossbow
Z.

ZB (Also known as ZEE BEE): Stands for Zombie Butcher. A notorious troll on the "old" KF forums. You could not get a single, on-topic, normal statement from him. He demanded an eyepatch skin for the Lewis soldier.

ZED: Zombie Extermination Division. They are another, long running clan. They are a more casual clan in KF. Unlike [AM], who also aim to play uber serious sometimes, ZED is a rather casual, laid-back clan. They can be serious at times though.

Last edited:
While playing KF Offices last night i reached my new record 718, we got ****ed in the *** by the patriarch at the end though, I commited a stupid error that killed me :p

profs.jpg

Upvote 0