• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

kar 98 long version

what is the name of the version of the long version of Karabiner 98k ?
Developpers will add it in teh game ??

What is the differences betwen theses 2 weapons ?

difference between a Kar98 and a Kar98k are its leingth ;)
a Kar98 basically is a Gewehr 98 with different sights (0-2000m instead of 400-2000m) and a bendt bolthandle
the Kar98k is the shortened version of the Kar98 (hence its name k for kurz, short)

and i dont think you will encounter many in 1942-43

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The Gewehr 98. The differences are a longer barrel in the first place though it can take out targets at further distances and yet the bot isn't turned down like the Kar98k's one. It's straight like the MN 1891/30's one. It would be a nice add to the game basically it's the same models so the work that needs to be done with the model is quite acceptable. Gameplay wise it does not really change anything as the Kar98k is yet a very good weapon.

The Gewehr 98 was mainly used by SS troops but also not in front lines rather in training.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
kar 98 was teh rifle of german soldiers in 14 18 ?

the Germans primarily used the Gew98 in WW1, allthought many Gew98's got refitted to Kar98 specs later in the war (1917+)
the Kar98 also was the weapon used by the weihmar republic

the funny thing is, that Kar98 both refers to the shortened WW1 version of the Gew98 issued to mountaintroops and stormtroopers, but also to a updated Gew 98 (ie with different sights and a bendt bolthandle)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think they should have the Kar98a, because I have seen numerous articles and heard numerous people saying 'The Kar98a was used to a medium/low extent on the battlefield, but considered rare.' I wouldnt put in the Gewehr 98, but thats just me. Sorry if I don't seem to make sense, I was half-depressed when writing this (My laptop went in for a proposed 1 day checkup and I have waited for longer than 2 days).

Upvote 0
The thing with "rare" weapons is that if you include one you have to ask yourself why not include the others?

If we went and suggested the K98a, why not the Vz.24, or whatever else appeared in small numbers for each army?

Sure they would be fine to have, but I dunno if Tripwire wants to represent the war like that.

Upvote 0
Personally i dont see the benefit of different weapons that much.

For me a mosin in ro is essentially the same as the k98.
A bolt action rifle is a bolt action rifle, sure maybe accuracy or reload time or bolting time etc might vary a little, but generally its neglectible.

I would much rather have that additional time spent on something that really affects the game. On weapons that truly behave differently, although maybe length and weight of weapons will truly matter in rohos. So there could be a reason for different variants then.

If anything i would much rather see different sorts of anti tank mines and different grenade variants and fuse times.

Last edited:
Upvote 0