• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Will the rains never stop?

end.jpg

Upvote 0
Try farming in the Delta with all this rain coming during harvest.
Soybeans are rotting in the fields (if they are not underwater), cotton is sprouting in the burr and boll and deteriorating on the stalk.

Seriously, first we had Ivan in 2004, then Katrina followed by Rita in 2005, we got a breather in 2006, Humberto in 2007, then Fay, Gustav and Ike in 2008. Now a wimpy low (followed by another front about to stall out) is dumping hurricane amounts of rain on top us. At least hurricanes generally move through in a couple of days. This is going on day 14 here. After the last few years of hurricanes, if this continues there is no doubt it'll bankrupt more than a few farmers in Arkansas, Mississippi and Louisiana.

My house:
fieldhouse.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tell me about it... it's never done this in GA before... why start now? At least we aren't in a drought.
True - last year Lake Lanier was half-empty... right now, I think Lanier has extended most of the way down the Hooch to our back yard.

And, as Chris said, people dying - not funny anymore. We officially had over 4 inches here yesterday and must have been that again today, which would make it around 15 inches in a week. Getting ridiculous.

Upvote 0