• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

trackir and heroes of stalingrad

hello

firstly, i used a search and it turned up no real dedicated threads to do with track ir implementation into RO:HoS so i hope this is fresh..

anyway, i just came across this (below) and it seems tripwire are thinking about implementation of trackir into the new game

http://forum.naturalpoint.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=38833

so what do you guys think? personally, i think it would be fantasic, cant really say more...

if you dont know what trackir is then theres plenty of youtube videos explaining it better than i have time to.

heres one of them -

YouTube - TrackIR5 & ArmA2 Premiere (TrackIR 5)

not my video btw

but anyway, imagine this is the new RO :cool:

Free look would have to be implemented, which I think would be great. I'd love to be able to look around without shifting my weapon and whole body, making me a more obvious target.

Unfortunately for me, my old Track IR set from 5 years ago isn't supported on Vista, and I don't think I'll plunk down hundreds of dollars for the new one. Key to allow either mouselook or TIR would be great.

Upvote 0
as much as i love having Track IR support, I would not use it in HoS. Because having Track IR and freeaim at the same time isnt that easy to control, atleast in the infantry part of the game, in vehicles i'd use it for sure.
Well, I don't think it'll be implemented if it wouldn't work properly. ;)

Upvote 0
as much as i love having Track IR support, I would not use it in HoS. Because having Track IR and freeaim at the same time isnt that easy to control, atleast in the infantry part of the game, in vehicles i'd use it for sure.

Have you used it in a flight sim before? As long as your IS sights remain aligned, it should be easy. I had no problem (after a few minutes) lining up targets on my combining glass pip while using TIR. The added situational awareness and ability to track your target while flying was invaluable.

In ROHOS, it would be great to be able to be jogging, and quickly glance at your flanks while continuing to move in the direction you want to go. And of course being able to look around without moving when you're prone would be great.

Upvote 0
I think it would be extremely cool if the front and rear sights werent locked to each other on the guns if you have Track IR. This way you will have to keep your head and arms (mouse) in conjunction with each other while in IS or you may unalign the sights. That would surely make the game more challenging and realistic. No more perfect snap-ironsights laser beam shots. Actual aiming skill would reign supreme!

Upvote 0
I think it would be extremely cool if the front and rear sights werent locked to each other on the guns if you have Track IR. This way you will have to keep your head and arms (mouse) in conjunction with each other while in IS or you may unalign the sights. That would surely make the game more challenging and realistic. No more perfect snap-ironsights laser beam shots. Actual aiming skill would reign supreme!

I would love that although it would probably put people with Track IR at a disadvantage unless they have some advantages over usual players

Upvote 0
Upvote 0