• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Entering - leaving vehicles

PETERPANs

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
Every vehicle have own doors, also its sometimes hard or easy to leave it.

1. Not again instant spawning around vehicles.
2. Make animation for entering and leaving vehicles.
3. If you scout vehicle you must know where is crew doors and if vehicle must be leaved you can shoot them while they try to leave it by doors you scout.

The only thing I'm wondering about, however, is for vehicles like the Halftrack. The soldiers will exit out the back, but if for example someone with an SMG is flanked around the vehicle, he'll be free to pour rounds into every single person leaving without any fire coming his way. They'd have to make it so when leaving you have full control still.

Upvote 0
It seems as if America's Army game does these vehicle animations well (and also uses the Unreal engine).

The only thing I'm wondering about, however, is for vehicles like the Halftrack. The soldiers will exit out the back,

But Axis HT dismounting is not always out the back ;)

halftrack1.jpg

Upvote 0
LOL I see that pic everywhere, what a hero that dude is. Why not have the vehicles more dynamic, allow you to shoot from them, not just sit there praying??? I wanna see some cali style drive-bys in staff cars! haha I'm a million % sure that they are gonna address the vehicle animations at least, i dont think they'd get away with not doing it in this day and age.

Upvote 0
The only thing I'm wondering about, however, is for vehicles like the Halftrack. The soldiers will exit out the back, but if for example someone with an SMG is flanked around the vehicle, he'll be free to pour rounds into every single person leaving without any fire coming his way. They'd have to make it so when leaving you have full control still.

This actually happened. That's why it would be so perfect in HOS.

Upvote 0
To clarify, I think the issue is while you are exiting, and stuck in "exit animation" you'll be vulnerable to fire, without being able to fire back.

This could be remedied by not having you exit the vehicle, but get control of your avatar while you're still in the back. That way you need to walk out of the HT, like you need to walk onto the beach off the landing boats in DH.

Upvote 0
Do you remember how it was in CoD 2 (i don't have played part 3-5)?
In the game you have a climb-animation for windows and walls. But you can use it for entering a static Halftruck too.
I think that would be a good animation (for the beginning, better than nothing)

For sure you are a easy target if you leave or enter a vehicle, but that is, how it is in real life too.

Maybe it is possible to take a look arround, above the flanks of the Halftruck, when you sitting inside. And maybe it will be possible to firing some rounds out of the Halftruck, too.

And i hope it will be possible to jump on a tank when you are a poor infantry-man so that you can take a ride :D. Because this way is better than the actually option for "tank riding". Because at the moment you only sitting on a tank without any chance to firing your weapon.
But it is possible to sitting on a tank in RO:OST, too. You only have to jump on a building or a wall, the tankdriver have to come near you and you can jump on the back of the tank. But the problem is, it is to complicated and most of the time there is no right object for using as a ladder.

So i wish the boys will do a great job with RO:HoS, and don't forget the marketing, because nobody know RO:OST, and the server are emty, (or full - TWB 50/50 and you can't join it).

But another question, is it sure that there will be any tanks and vehicles in RO.HoS??? I haven't seen any screen of it, or reading a official statment about it.

greetz

Upvote 0