• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Skinning Contest??

Skinning Contest??

• Total voters

h4wky

May 16, 2009
As you all know there is currently the Killing Floor GrindHouse Mapping Contest going on. I think community addon contests are a great idea for helping push the game forward and adding my content, that why I believe that there should be a Player Skinning Competition, with the winning skin(s) becoming characters in the game. Anyone with me?!

It should include modeling too, not just skinning, other than that, I'm all for it.
I think it isn't nearly as much work to make a skin as it is to make a map though, so the prizes would be significantly lower and thus I think we maybe could hold a contest like this in the community without the involvement of TWI.
If you are willing to handle this, open a topic and ask for donations for the prices and have everyone list what they payed (can be physical stuff too, I guess. Like mousepads or something). Let players submit their skins in this thread then, set a deadline and say what percentage of the final prices the winners get. E.g. 50% for 1st place, 35% 2nd place and 15% and a snog for 3rd place. That way the artists can start before you collected everything and people who see high quality content trickle in might be more inclined to donate a buck or two as well. When the deadline comes, open another topic with a timed poll and let the community decide who won (or decide on your own or appoint a jury).
Would be pretty cool, actually.

Upvote 0