• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

old maps

Possibly Stalingrad Kessel and/or Krasny Oktober(sp) ...but for some reason I get the feeling they'll revamp these classics instead of keeping them the way they are. I dont know why I say that, but I couldnt imagine them being left relatively untouched for a third time.

Like I posted a while ago - I hope they do an intense Mamayev Kurgan map in flagship stylee, much like they treated Konigplatz in Ost. It just wouldnt be Stalingrad without THE HILL.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mamayev_Kurgan[/URL] - When the battle ended, the soil on the hill had been so thoroughly churned by shellfire and mixed with metal fragments that it contained between 500 and 1,250 splinters of metal per square meter. The earth on the hill had remained black in the winter, as the snow kept melting in the many fires and explosions. In the following spring the hill would still remain black, as no grass grew on its scorched soil. The hill's formerly steep slopes had become flattened in months of intense shelling and bombardment. Even today, it is possible to find fragments of bone and metal still buried deep throughout the hill.

Anthony Beevors' book 'Stalingrad' is an excellent read. I recommend everyone give it a go before the game comes out.

Upvote 0
i wouldnt mind seeing all the current stock maps ported over cause i would never get tired of ROOST stock maps :D......but yeah i really do want to see brand new maps...new game, new content, new maps please. i'd still play ported maps for the memories, but i want to see new stuff.

one thing though, i'd really love to see some good stalingrad customs like Bocklin, Lazur, and EnemyAtTheGates updated and ported over. they never got enough play in ROOST as it was.

if it's just gonna be stalingrad maps for stock multiplayer maps, then yes i do hope all the ROOST stock maps are ported or at least customs made that are similar to those other battlefield styles because i want to see the type of variety that ROOST has. same goes for other content.....late war weapons, maps, skins, vehicles.....was never thrilled about it only being stalingrad in the first place :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I would like to see some of the popular old maps redone, but a lot of new ones as well.

In the end, I hope the variety is just as large, as well as the setting. I the maps all take place in snowy urban environments, it will get boring quicker.

I hope the MP maps take place in different areas/times, like in RO1.

Upvote 0
I loved the Pavlov map yet in the mod, if there is no one I'd like to port it over.

And hell yeah, recently I remembered the Volga_B2 map from the Mod. It had a lot of atmosphere in it. The very problem of the map was it the Volga was something like a creek, much to small. But I guess with the new engine it won't be difficult to get it larger. And concerning the objects I believe some should be added.

So sign me in for porting Pavlov and Volga map

Upvote 0
because it's practically impossible to find or get entire soviet era villages on picture, and that they have probably changed since then lol. i think i will copy the layout of some of my existing maps, but replace all the buildings with soviet era buildings. cheneux= chenovka :D

and if i want new designs, then i could find new villages in my neighbourhood to transform into soviet villages. copying something existing is still the only way i found, to get results that don't look blocky and unnatural

Upvote 0