• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Modern Warfare 2

I love how people try to make utterly unrealistic, fast-paced, arcade-action frag-fests "realistic", be it by "role playing" or by making "realism mods" that don't change a whole lot except screw up the gameplay by making every weapon 1-hit-killers and changing weapon names from M16 to M16A2 and the like. Camo patters on all the weapons and blood-stains on the knife skin don't make an unrealistic game realistic...
It's Quake in a war-setting. You are either down with that, or you're not, but if you're not, I don't get why you would go to "realism servers" instead of just playing a more realistic game.

Disclaimer:
I'm not knocking every realism mod out there. There are good ones, especially some almost total conversions. I'm also not knocking people who enjoy realism servers. I just don't see the appeal.

Upvote 0
I love how people try to make utterly unrealistic, fast-paced, arcade-action frag-fests "realistic", be it by "role playing" or by making "realism mods" that don't change a whole lot except screw up the gameplay by making every weapon 1-hit-killers and changing weapon names from M16 to M16A2 and the like. Camo patters on all the weapons and blood-stains on the knife skin don't make an unrealistic game realistic...
It's Quake in a war-setting. You are either down with that, or you're not, but if you're not, I don't get why you would go to "realism servers" instead of just playing a more realistic game.

Disclaimer:
I'm not knocking every realism mod out there. There are good ones, especially some almost total conversions. I'm also not knocking people who enjoy realism servers. I just don't see the appeal.

QFT
i allways hated the "realism" mods for cod1 and cod2, as all they did was screw up the gameplay

Upvote 0
Before I came across ROOST, I played CODUO and I agree that the German Front Mod was a great mod for that game.

It had a small following as well...always a few full servers almost like RO. I also played UO heavily until RO was retail after hearing about the launch when I first used Steam:D
Ah the glorious UO days when the COD franchise was the best.

Upvote 0
It had a small following as well...always a few full servers almost like RO. I also played UO heavily until RO was retail after hearing about the launch when I first used Steam:D
Ah the glorious UO days when the COD franchise was the best.

Until ROOST came along and shown what new levels a WW2 FPS could be... but for the most part, UO was my first major online multiplayer experience.

Upvote 0
I hate it when people say that because it's really stupid. I mean come on, are you only playing Free for All/TDM or what lol, gameplay modes like Search and Destroy and some other one have much more to them.
Obviously I was talking about the speed of the game, not the game modes. I could have said Halo which is probably a closer match although Halo might even be a little slower than CoD, but Halo has a negative connotation in the eyes of many pc gamers because it's "console garbage". As I didn't want to demean CoD's multiplayer in any way I chose Quake for my little shock-statement.
Of course someone had to miss the point and jump up and explain how CoD isn't really like Quake...;)

Upvote 0
gog4.jpg

Upvote 0