• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

AK47 Selector Lever...

This entire thread could have just been summed up:

Please fix the AK selector lever....

either they will or they wont.

Its a minor graphical bug not a huge issue but honestly what is to discuss?

Who cares if someone thinks its a terrible idea and who thinks if someone thinks its a good idea.

For all we know its probably already on some big laundry list of issues to fix.

Upvote 0
Yes, and you pointed it out already. Maybe they'll fix it, maybe they won't. It's their call now.
Don't pay attention to those that just shoot down every suggestion for the sake of arguing.
Sometimes someone brings up a vlid point which you have to discuss, but if it's just the usual "why do you care, it's a game with zombies, lol" just ignore it.

Of course it's a mistake. Of course it should be fixed. Is it a minor issue? Yes. With that said, let TWI decide where to put it in their ToDo-list.

sorry, still not used to this 'wait till your post is approved' bullcrap... ill post and when i dont see my post ill think somthin messed up...

anyhoo, why not just rename it to ak74u and add a actual ak47? or not. i love this gun more then the bullup now, just not lovin the recoil... but it is a submachine gun so other then the name you guys kept it pretty acurate ^_^.

Upvote 0
ak47operation.gif

Brilliant, fascinating to see what's going on inside. Do they jam alot? The way it scoops up the next bullet with the edge looks precarious. I suppose low quality misshapen ammo would prevent a clean slide into the barrel also.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There are much more important things to worry about, save this thread 'til then.

The importance card is played a lot in the suggestion forums.

I'm sure the devs know what they believe is or isn't important.

Brilliant, fascinating to see what's going on inside. Do they jam alot? The way it scoops up the next bullet with the edge looks precarious. I suppose low quality misshapen ammo would prevent a clean slide into the barrel also.

The rotating bolt kinda ensures that it fits snugly. It doesn't actually "hang on" to the round until it rotates either, before that it simply pushes the cartridge forward and into the barrel.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
anyhoo, why not just rename it to ak74u and add a actual ak47? or not. i love this gun more then the bullup now, just not lovin the recoil... but it is a submachine gun so other then the name you guys kept it pretty acurate ^_^.

AKS74U is what youre thinking of. only problem is the AK in KF is shooting 7.62x39, an AK74 shoots a much smaller round. if they were to say, "oyu know what, youre right mr deth, its an AKS-74U", the damage would be changed to bullpups.

bullpup and AKS-74U: about the same damage
lever action and AK-47: about the same damage

PS submachine guns dont shoot 7.62x39.

Do they jam alot?

asking if a AK47 jams alot?! man, you can pour dirt in that thing, run it over with a truck, leave it in water, it will still fire.

Upvote 0
the most common ak 47 jam apearnrlty is the stove pipe thing where the case doesn't eject (and is easily cleared) i have on tv probably either the history channel or the military channel where they took some ak's out into the Nevada desert the threw it into the dirt(buried it) fired it it worked threw it in water still worked then they ran over it with their truck and it still worked the ak do it's incredibly simple action hardly ever jams.

Upvote 0
the most common ak 47 jam apearnrlty is the stove pipe thing where the case doesn't eject (and is easily cleared)

Unless, of course, it wedges something where it shouldn't be, a less-than-uncommon experience in guns with such loose tolerances...

i have on tv probably either the history channel or the military channel where they took some ak's out into the Nevada desert the threw it into the dirt(buried it) fired it it worked threw it in water still worked then they ran over it with their truck and it still worked the ak do it's incredibly simple action hardly ever jams.

You can do exactly the same to pretty much any decently-made gun. Doubly so to stamped steel ones.

As always, AK reliability is overblown without context...

Upvote 0
AKS74U is what youre thinking of. only problem is the AK in KF is shooting 7.62x39, an AK74 shoots a much smaller round. if they were to say, "oyu know what, youre right mr deth, its an AKS-74U", the damage would be changed to bullpups.

bullpup and AKS-74U: about the same damage
lever action and AK-47: about the same damage

PS submachine guns dont shoot 7.62x39.

so its the firepower of an AK-47 in a AKS-74U? well, i dont want to change the damage... just the mesh. and maybe the recoil, but thats just nitpicking.

someone will probably make a patch down the road im sure, tripwire or otherwise.

and why all the attitudes about this subject? its just a minor flaw pointed out, all you have to say is, "oh ya, now that you mention it, it does look more like that AK submachine gun from CoD4. Well, its still kick *** and maybe some KF fan will make a mod to change it or tripwire will. never the less its a sweet gun!"

instead its all, "OH NOES NOT THIS AGAIN!!!! QUICK, SHOOT DOWN ANY OBSERVATIONS!" ...over exagerated just a tad but you get what i mean.

EDIT: Deadliest Warrior: Taliban vs IRA

skip to 27:05 (in the block over the half way point). good episode, btw
http://www.spike.com/full-episode/ir-vs-taliban/32259

Last edited:
Upvote 0
watch at the 3:40 second mark and youll see it demonstrated. this is also what IS3244234231 was talking about.
YouTube - History Of AK-47

Oh god, that proves absolutely nothing.

They get some guy who manufactures and sells the goddamn gun they're testing, immerse it in shallow, fresh water for a few seconds, empty the barrel and empties a single mag. Whoopty-do. Most guns that can be had for more than $40 will fire underwater.

Oh wow! Now they put it under a bit of dust for a few seconds with the bolt closed and the magazine in place, and empty a mag. Another whoopty do.

Then they run over it lengthwise with a soft-tired humvee on relatively soft ground and shoot it.

That was the most underwhelming "torture test" I've ever seen. Show me a military firearm that fails after that and I'll give you everything I own.

Upvote 0
so its the firepower of an AK-47 in a AKS-74U?

No it is not. It's an AK-47 Shorty, which is a variant of the AK-47. Yoshiro says so in this thread http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=35805&page=2 towards the bottom of the page. Here is a an example: http://www.monstermarketplace.com/Sports/Landing2963a724.html

You'll notice it looks exactly like the one in-game.

I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just tired of people arguing over it's appearance and what variation it is when there is definitive proof readily available.

By the way, you have a good point about people's reactions, everyone just needs to relax.

Upvote 0
More like it'll explode.

That's why any time somebody does a water test they empty out the barrel.

Like this 1911, amirite?

With high-pressure weapons, yeah, you could balloon out the barrel a bit and get KBs at depth, but my main point is still that submerging a gun in a foot of fresh water for a few seconds and emptying the barrel demonstrates absolutely nothing about reliability.

This is my entire point; to people uneducated about guns, they listen to the knowledgeable-sounding man on the tee-vee and think that that demonstrates how awesome the AK is. They have no context or knowledge to base it on.

AK reliability is overblown.

Upvote 0