• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Two primary weapons in HOS.

"...in real life you can" is not a good argument. in fact, it's what nitwits resort to in these types of discussions.

in real life you can sleep, should we model that in this game? in real life you can go akimbo with 2 weapons firing at the same time(this has been done before in ww2 and recently in the iraq war).

no, this was very rare. and tbh, sometimes gameplay needs to take precedence over realism for a game to be playable, period.

Upvote 0
I think it would be ok to have it in single player. Obviously, you will not be able to carry as much ammo for bother weapons, will get tried quicker, ect.

I don't think I like the idea for multiplayer though. Maybe in some classes, there could be variable loadouts.

For example, a sniper can have a Mosin and a PPS-43 instead of a TT-33, but they will carry less overall ammo for both weapons.

And switching to the SMG will take longer than switching to a pistol.

Upvote 0
Hmmmm, not sure if I like it because it sounds a bit 'gamey'. I much prefer the current ROOST type system.

However, if it were to be offered, perhaps a stamina/speed penalty, weapon's switch speed penalty, limited ammo carrying capability. Then depending on if the player is wounded (arm wound etc), maybe disallow two primary weapons altogether. Also, I wouldn't like to see it offered as part of spawning, if allowed, then only if weapons were picked up on the battlefield.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Why not? You have two shoulders.

yep and its even somewhat realistic, but i like classes to just act a bit up to their weaknesses its a pure gameplay thing over possibly realism.

How many soldiers did you see in photographs with double weaponry over a single piece. Because i know that every time i spawn if i can get 2 weapons ill have a rifle and a smg especially now smgs are more usefull at range.
People drop like stones with millions of weapons laying around in ro getting a different weapon near spawn hardly takes any time.

Upvote 0
You dont want to play harder and thats it. In real time you can pick 2 weapons on your back, stalingrad battle got lot of soldier casualties and that mean lot of weapons on ground. I dont see any problem to implement it.

when i played paintball there was lots of things laying around aswell, but it's a verry bad idea to put your life in the hands of stuff you just found laying around ;)
verry bad idea!

unless they implement jamming or damaging of weapons by bullets/explosions, because it's not realistic that you could just pick up anything anywhere, knowing it is in perfect working condition.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Before buying ROOST, I was watching some videos of the game, and you know? It was ****ing epic to discover that you CAN mount machine guns, you CAN change machine gun barrels, you CAN change firing distance on the Panzerfaust, you CAN call artillery using radios, etc etc

It feels realistic when you read the feature list and you see a lot of "CAN"s in there, isn't it?

I believe before RO was released there were people crying "OMG OMG, Where's the ammo count??? It is a game afterall, it is not REAL LIFE, give me back my ammo count you bastards!!!!"

And yes, it would be realistic that you can get a heart attack
or a cramp or or or... But it would be a too small and unimportant gameplay thing to add and it would require time that could be spent on smth else.

Upvote 0
You want only easy frags and that is main reason why 1. person shooter games becomes same crap. No difficulties, no ideas just another 1. person shooter. You dont want chalenge, if you spot rifleman you know how to rush him, of course you dont like to see smg in his hands to destroy your assault.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm a fan of the idea, but you shouldn't start out with that option. I'd say if you come across a weapon in the field you should be able to carry it, with a slight speed reduction..

That's why I never feel bad about always getting a rifle class.. I know if I find a Stg on the field that it's mine.. and I'll put it to good use.. Also it's like christmas :D

Upvote 0
You want only easy frags and that is main reason why 1. person shooter games becomes same crap. No difficulties, no ideas just another 1. person shooter. You dont want chalenge, if you spot rifleman you know how to rush him, of course you dont like to see smg in his hands to destroy your assault.

actually its the other way around for me
if i spot a rifleman and i have an SMG its my duty to rush him
it would be cheap and easy if i could just use my second weapon (rifle) and pick him off
same would go the other way around

Last edited:
Upvote 0
actually its the other way around for me
if i spot a rifleman and i have an SMG its my duty to rush him
it would be cheap and easy if i could just use my second weapon (rifle) and pick him off
same would go the other way around

Imagine a scenario: you(with an smg) and a bunch of other guys from you squad are sitting inside a building, you spot enemy squad at the other end of the street, 300m from your position. In real life, you would silently alert your squad, call one of the guys which has a rifle to slowly crawl to your windows so they don't spot your cover, you show the enemy to other riflemen so they could open fire, each taking a separate target, etc. etc. It would be an example of good teamwork.
The problem with the games is that it happens 10 times faster and you don't have all the options the real world offers. In the game the enemy doesn't move in one formation, they are scattered around an arena-like map so they could be even behind you, and you won't have the possibility to effectively use everything your "multitasked" squad can do. At least that's what happens in 90% of the games I've played. (dunno, maybe you played on some super mega organized server where people play as a super mega organized squad, I didn't see many of those)
To sum this up - imagine the real world war where you play as a lone wolf, cause that's what 90% of the game plays like. And tell me now - won't u use all the available means to survive?
I want to stress once again - for a realistic implementation - a penalty system must be added for those who carry 2 guns. This will improve the game for lone-wolves, and wont change it for the ultra organized squads.

Upvote 0
Imagine a scenario: you(with an smg) and a bunch of other guys from you squad are sitting inside a building, you spot enemy squad at the other end of the street, 300m from your position. In real life, you would silently alert your squad, call one of the guys which has a rifle to slowly crawl to your windows so they don't spot your cover, you show the enemy to other riflemen so they could open fire, each taking a separate target, etc. etc. It would be an example of good teamwork.
The problem with the games is that it happens 10 times faster and you don't have all the options the real world offers. In the game the enemy doesn't move in one formation, they are scattered around an arena-like map so they could be even behind you, and you won't have the possibility to effectively use everything your "multitasked" squad can do. At least that's what happens in 90% of the games I've played. (dunno, maybe you played on some super mega organized server where people play as a super mega organized squad, I didn't see many of those)
To sum this up - imagine the real world war where you play as a lone wolf, cause that's what 90% of the game plays like. And tell me now - won't u use all the available means to survive?
I want to stress once again - for a realistic implementation - a penalty system must be added for those who carry 2 guns. This will improve the game for lone-wolves, and wont change it for the ultra organized squads.

and thats exactly the point

i dont want to be able to multitask
in this game you spawn as a soldier wich has his training centered around
his weapon and been trained to fullfill a special task (be it Strelok/sch

Last edited:
Upvote 0