• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Movie] inglourious basterds

i wonder what happens if you jump and fire a mg42 at the same time

I think that, in concord with elementary laws of physics, you would bend the trajectory of your bullets. If you fired when on the way up, your movement would create a force working on the bullets' trajectory and bending it up (giving you greater effective killing range, or allowing trickshots - if you jump up really fast). And shooting while falling, would make the bullets bend low - just the thing for those pesky trench rats!

Upvote 0
Possibly the worst WWII film ever made :eek:

You made the mistake of thinking this was a "WWII film."* Easy mistake, since it's set sort of in WWII. It's a Tarantino fantasy revenge movie heavily influenced by Spaghetti Westerns and to a lesser extent Macaroni Combat (Italian WWII exploitation movies from the 70s).

That's like watching Kill Bill and complaining about the anime style action being too fake (gallons of blood spraying out of one skinny woman like a fire-hose).

And, yeah the guy playing "Jew Hunter" was really good. He won best actor at Cannes.

*I guess if you're judging it on historical accuracy, it may very well have been the worst WWII film.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In fact yes. In the German verson, instead of a swastika, it reads "I write random troll posts on internet forums to stir up country vs country debates that everyone got tired of back in 2001" on the guy's forehead. :p

But yeah, seeing as how I never saw a movie here with a censored swastika, I doubt it. They did censor part of the trailer though, namely the title. I guess they thought it (the title screen) could be interpreted pro-nazi by people who only glanced over it. That was the company's choice.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i have to say i liked the movie....i appreciated all the little details in the uniforms, weapons etc....the german actors were outstanding. the plot though fanciful, was pretty engaging. a good amount of comedy in it too. :D

i think a lot of people misunderstood the concept of the movie and thought it was going to be a more historical film....it was a true to form Tarantinto style.

the couple things that bugged me had to do with it being so accurate for somoe things and then just way off on others. i too was annoyed by the sniper using a k98 without a scope, also if you notice, he was firing it semi-auto :confused: perhaps that was supposed to be making fun of the nazi propoganda films made during the time period.

also the subtitles....OMG were those annoying. french guy #1 says "Oui" and his subtitle in english says "Yes". french guy #2 says "Oui" and his english subtitle says "Oui"??? same thing happened for "Merci" and "Thank you". there was also one part where people were talking in german, but there were no subtitles??:confused:

all in all still a decent movie.

Upvote 0
also the subtitles....OMG were those annoying. french guy #1 says "Oui" and his subtitle in english says "Yes". french guy #2 says "Oui" and his english subtitle says "Oui"??? same thing happened for "Merci" and "Thank you". there was also one part where people were talking in german, but there were no subtitles??:confused:

all in all still a decent movie.

I guess that's a case where it was best for the story telling the audience didn't understand what was going on. Like in Kill Bill vol I, where Beatrix's name was bleeped.

About the censorship, according to Wikipedia:
Wikipedia said:
The German publicity site by Universal Pictures has been censored as the display of Nazi iconography is illegal in Germany. The title has the German Swastika removed and the Stahlhelm helmet has a bullet hole instead of the Nazi symbol.[71] The download section of the German site has been revised to exclude wallpaper downloads that feature the Swastika openly.

Upvote 0
the couple things that bugged me had to do with it being so accurate for somoe things and then just way off on others. i too was annoyed by the sniper using a k98 without a scope, also if you notice, he was firing it semi-auto :confused: perhaps that was supposed to be making fun of the nazi propoganda films made during the time period.

i really wouldnt go that far
id rather say that tarentino is too retarded to know that a Kar98k isnt semi auto

Upvote 0