• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Possible Retail Release to Current Gen Platforms

KelvinGBaxter

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 30, 2009
I don't know if you can but this would be a way bigger hit on the 360 and PS3, release as a $50 game or a Downloadable game and it would be amazing. If you have to water it down alittle then I'm fine with it cause look at TF2. Hopefully this doesn't count as trolling either.

I don't know if you can but this would be a way bigger hit on the 360 and PS3, release as a $50 game or a Downloadable game and it would be amazing. If you have to water it down alittle then I'm fine with it cause look at TF2. Hopefully this doesn't count as trolling either.

As if $50. Make it 1200 MS points on XBLA and they'll have a massive, massive hit--especially after Battlefield 1943 moved close to a million copies this summer on Live at 1200 points. It's the magic price point. Likewise, $14.99 on PSN if they had a PS3 version in mind. It will move like crazy. No need to "water it down" since Killing Floor is quite unfiltered as it is--just a pure co-op FPS with no formal 'campaign' to worry about porting over.

Upvote 0
So you're playing KF on a console WHEN SUDDENLY A GOREFAST ATTACKS YOU FROM BEHIND. You try to turn around to save yourself before it can deliver the killing strike, but it's too late as analog aiming is slow and clunky.

It's not really as bad as most people say. I think it's just that whenever a PC gamer tries out consoles, they're not used to it and thus hate it. But I've been playing console games since I was a wee tot and I've never had any trouble aiming quickly and accurately, though like I said, that's probably because of the practice. The mechanic in and of itself isn't terrible, just takes more practice.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
1.) games should never be watered down for different platforms
2.) even though KF is less realistic than TW's other game RO, realistic no-crosshair games will fail on consoles because of people attempting to use a controller.
3.) UE3 games supported on platforms such as PS3 that allow you to use mouse/keyboard would be the only hope a game such as this to be successful on consoles. Problem.....not many console users would want to put down their controller; if they would, they would already be playing this game on PC right now.

Yes going crossplatform would dramatically increase sales. That would be TW's choice whether to attempt to market the same game and not water it down and take the chance console users would like it, or play it safe, water down the game and not give console players the same immersive experience as PC users, but make more money in the process. i'm stuck to PC so, as long as it's on PC doesnt bother me

Upvote 0
So you're playing KF on a console WHEN SUDDENLY A GOREFAST ATTACKS YOU FROM BEHIND. You try to turn around to save yourself before it can deliver the killing strike, but it's too late as analog aiming is slow and clunky.

Not at all. How do you think console owners play L4D and the countless other FPS games? L4D is much faster paced than KF. It would work nicely as a console game.

I think the 1200 MS points is the sweet spot. Of course the UI would need an overhaul to accommodate the controller, and perhaps some other tweaks, changes here and there.

But yeah, it's certainly a good idea. Maybe TW will see the potential.

Upvote 0
L4D is much faster paced than KF. It would work nicely as a console game.

>l4d
>fast paced
>get into a corner and spam melee attacks whenever you feel outnumbered to win the game

Another problem would be the trader. Could you imagine trying to buy from the trader using a controller? Sometimes you only have 10 seconds to buy stuff, you could manage it with a mouse.. but with a controller?

I'm not saying KF won't work on consoles, I'm saying it would need to be reworked somewhat extensively so it will work.

Upvote 0
errr i sometimes use a 360 controller with KF on the PC.

even more amazing is that i've managed to survive on HARD. i still have no chance on suicidal.

i wouldn't mind seeing this on the consoles but theres alot of work that needs doing first to fix the game. consoles are crap for updates ala TF2 - just look at how far out of date it is.

And no you wouldn't have to water it down. Gears of war 2 is on the Unreal 3 engine. KF is running on unreal 2.5 so the consoles would have no problems running it.

however i think alot of console gamers wouldn't like it simply because of the lack of cross hairs, how sad

Upvote 0
I think the cost of getting KF on to the consoles wouldn't equal what the game would bring. It'd be $15 (or maybe $20, thanks MS) on XBLA and the chances of it being a surprise success there are uncertain at best. For the time and cost involved in cross-platform development, I think TWI would want more surety of a payback than "Well maybe it will be small-time hit on XBLA."

Upvote 0
I don't have a ps3, or a xbox360, however i have spent quite a bit of time playing both of them at friend's houses. I personally think Killing Floor would do very well at a cheap enough price, like the same amount we paid on steam.

The controllers would be fine. I personally don't do that well with a controller in a FPS, since I'm so used to mouse/keyboard for years on end. However, my buddy who doesn't use a computer for games, but instead his ps3, does very well with the controller in games like CoD5. Hardcore mode in that game has no crosshairs, but does have ironsights just like killing floor, and it's still very playable.

I really don't think Killing Floor would have much of a problem.

What'd be interested is if games on PS3, and X360 could be played with PC gamers. Obviously the PC gamers would have a huge advantage, but if it's a team game, it wouldn't matter as much. It WOULD be nice to have the option to switch between a server that is open to all players, versus a server that is limited to a specific platform. It would definitely add new life to the servers if you could integrate 3 platforms for one game.

Upvote 0