• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rifle grenades

only for germans if at all in the game. russians didnt have this and for germans, they did have it but i doubt it was used at all in stalingrad considering how hard it was just to find bullets for a kar

Well, that depends- you do know that the German army was not always cut off from supplies, right? The only time that the "It would be hard to find bullets for a Kar" would apply would be during the encirclement.

Upvote 0
oh dear god NO . . :mad:

In EVERY game i have seen the implimented they have ruined my experience. People learn to hip these things half way across a map.

Although used in ww2, I feel the would spoil the game, even with a TWI touch.

I would much prefer the mortars from cc be added in, and only on limited maps, in very limited quantities.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, that depends- you do know that the German army was not always cut off from supplies, right? The only time that the "It would be hard to find bullets for a Kar" would apply would be during the encirclement.
true ill give you that, but regardless i dont think there were enough of them for it to be implementedin the game, people get spoiled by dods :p

Upvote 0
oh dear god NO . . :mad:

In EVERY game i have seen the implimented they have ruined my experience. People learn to hip these things half way across a map.

Although used in ww2, I feel the would spoil the game, even with a TWI touch.

I would much prefer the mortars from cc be added in, and only on limited maps, in very limited quantities.
yea the cc mortars were done well

Upvote 0
The problem with rifle grenades seen in most games like CODWAW is that they explode right on the target making it the ideal nubetuber but in real-life they work in the same way as hand grenades, once they land they need to take a few seconds to detonate.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If the game has 50 players like RO does it wouldn't be unrealistic for the Germans to have 1-2 available.

You would spawn with the shot cup already attached and you wouldn't be able to remove it. You would have the ability to swtich from rifle grenades or standard bullets. The shot cup is designed so the user can fire regular rounds without having to remove it. There would be significantly more sway with the added weight on the end of the barrel. I think 2 HE and 2 AT grenades would be fair.

Mortars would be cool, but rifle grenades wouldn't be bad either. As long as they take sufficient skill and time to aim, and don't land in the exact same spot every time. Rifle grenades are not anti-tank weapons, btw.

There was 2 anti-tank rifle grenades used by the Germans. Something like 18 million of them were used up by the end of the war.

http://www.geocities.com/Augusta/8172/panzerfaust8.htm#ggg

Last edited:
Reactions: Hackel
Upvote 0
The problem with rifle grenades seen in most games like CODWAW is that they explode right on the target making it the ideal nubetuber but in real-life they work in the same way as hand grenades, once they land they need to take a few seconds to detonate.

Yeah, that's how it was in Battlefield 1942. It was mildly difficult to use them effectively (a good thing). I figure TW can make it work well.

Upvote 0