• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Character models?

i'd characterize them as experienced.

war, and any prolonged stressful situation certainly can certainly accelerate aging and make one incredibly sad looking.

u didnt address the clothes... anyway it will prolly worked on more. hopefully but yea should be dirtier and the guy witht hat old looking face kinda sucks but just as well it wil most likely be worked on more and maybe scrapped

Upvote 0
they would have rolled sleeves during the summer time. but in harsh winter, it would look very strange.

i was once involved in day of defeat: source. and a thing the modders talked about was the possibility of including different types of player models depending on the map.

so the game would have a set of player models each with variations, and when making a map, the mapper would dictate which model set would be allowed. people talked about having a set of models depending on the season, or the weather, and location. ultimately none of that came true though as support died for that game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well considering it's Stalingrad they would probably be wearing whatever coats they can get their hands on. Maybe it will be difficult to discern who is on whose team! :D

Also in regards to them being 'experienced'... sorry but that's dumb :D. Being a combat veteran doesn't make your face sag or your eyebrows connect in the center. I know WW2 veterans who don't look that saggy NOW... and they're in their 90s...

Upvote 0
which picture? there are many pictures of soldiers in iraq, and many of them do, in fact look like old men:
http://a.abcnews.com/images/Blotter/ht_pva2_page4_071220_ssh.jpg

and the 70 year old thing is an exaggeration. at most, they look 30-40. the german soldier leading the charge looks maybe 50 under bad light:

mikey.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
face2.jpg

Well, the old and worn faces got lot of furrows, but there is lot of them and they are small.
On german faces there is just few of them and they are huge. Skin shines smoothly on those
screenies like supermodel skin and then there is huge furrows.

Also on nose and forehead there is skull and cartilage right under the skin
So having such a deep furrow beetween nose and forehead must have been there from the born,
you dont just get it from the stress. How ever that furrow seems to continue horizontaly over the
eyes to the sides. And i dont have any idea what can cause that kind of furrow

Maybe Brains have started to swell and pushed skull on forehead half centimeter foward.

So its possible that someone look like that, but i would think its also
quite rare. Well Ro Ost got it too, but because there wasnt lighting effects it wasnt so easy to notice.

-Alaaaaarm!!!, Group of 60 years old Schumachers are attacking through
our front line. We need tank support immediatly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Of all the things TWI have to worry about . . having to many wrinkles on a face . . .

is it so important that the face has to be of a certain age range for the game to play properly??

I have been playing RO for a few years and have never once thaught . . "these faces are too old/young/ungerman for me to enjoy this game or beleive i am actually at war. i think i must make forum topic with disgust!"

Also, who cares what your face look like when i shoot you in the face :cool:

Upvote 0
i also thought inmediately the character faces looked a bit arcadish, at least that 1 old german guy.
our brainst have more trouble identifying "goodlooking" faces than ugly ones because we identify people mostly by what we see as "ugly" traits, if there is such a caricatural face ingame, then we will inmediately recognise it, and end up loosing the illusion that there are many different models.
if the faces are less "ugly", then we will have more trouble to notice that there are only a few different ones.

ps, does that russian guy look more hispanic than slavic? lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0