• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

manor spot

idk, on west london gate, and farm roof, that was hilarious to try it out.....i don't have a problem with a person taking advantage of a bug in a map like those once or twice for the fun ot it, but where i have a problem is people constantly doing it and the worst being when it is something they know how to do but they will not inform their team mates and they're team ends up dying or not getting any money from the guy using the glitch. those people truely have no balls.

when we're talking about a co-op game it's different than a multiplayer game because using a bug doesn't give you an advantage over your opponent (as in real people not A.I.)....so what then is the problem people have with them? it's people thinking they are competing against the other people on their team to get the most kills, the most money, live longer etc....people are more worried about their ego within the game that they've lost sight of the overall goal of the game which is to beat the map. if you've got a guy that can get in a good spot like that shouldn't you be happy since he is going to help you win???? there's some food for thought, time for some self reflection.

i consider selfish players running around with their stupid katana trying to rack up kills to be WORSE than people who use a bug to get on a roof etc... because those guys are hurting the team to only benefit themselves whereas the guy using the bug is firstly benefitting the team and then getting their own personal rewards as a secondary plus. since the update i have always been watching morons run out on their own to get kills, then they die and whine that nobody was backing them up. i had some guying bragging about being #1 on the scoreboard through wave 4 using his katana. low and behold each of the next 4 waves he died while the team lived and all the other 6 players moved up in front of him in score. only problem is once you get high up in those waves, you get all the extra specimen for that selfish moron and he dies, leaving your team essentially having to pick up all the slack to cover the amount of specimen "allotted" to him. that's how teams lose and people get pissed

so what exploits all boil down to is this......the fact that not everyone knows about them thus making it unfair for some. also the fact that it usually takes a while for them to get patched. if you think about it the best way to solve this problem is by people posting known exploits and how to do them so that it becomes public knowledge and nobody is left out of the loop. also by doing that, it would further push TW to quickly fix the bugs to stop the exploiting. of course it is against rules to do that because TW doesn't want people to exploit their work, but hey, if bugs are there, fix them or don't get mad that people use them.

if you are a server admin and you don't like people using em on your server, ban them. the only thing other people can do is report the bug and hope TW will eventually do something about it, and report to server admins that soandso is exploiting on their server.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i consider selfish players running around with their stupid katana trying to rack up kills to be WORSE than people who use a bug to get on a roof etc...

This pretty much sums up my feelings on the Katana these days. Most people use it simply for entertainment value. In fact, they're usually WORSE with it than the Chainsaw despite what they say.

And it's usually to the detriment of the team, as the slow speed of the Chainsaw encourages them to stay with the team, attracting enemies, protecting team members from enemies that try to slip by, and taking down the tough enemies like Skrakes and Fleshpounds.

The Katana encourages them to run from enemy to enemy racking up damage and kills. All this is, is an alternative to shooting. And the fact is that if all you're gonna do as a Berserker is to run around meleeing everything, you could do more for the team by being a gun-using class. Seriously.

Upvote 0
yep absolutely hate it too. at least with a chainsaw you can block a door...plus the time you spend taking a swing with a katana is pointless since you can just sit there on "fire" the whole time with the chainsaw. loud and annoying yes, effective though? whole lot more than the ninja blade. ;)

it may sound wierd, but i'll take a guy using a bug over an arrogant, individualistic player anyday.

Upvote 0
Loads of text

Personally I don't care about solo players since they will usually end up dying anyway or come running when things look bad for them. What I hate is retarded exploiters sitting unreachable and think they are good and help their team. They usually suck balls when they can't get to their hiding place and die. I am one of those players who will block/destroy their exploiting places when possible, since I can't do much more about it. Unless it's a friendly fire server... :)

When someone is hiding away somewhere on a roof or some other place, they usually cause the A.I. to bug so they only wander back and forth which makes everything take longer than needed. Not to mention that they also go there whether their team is there or not.

I especially don't like how you say that we should all be exploiting and post away about doing them here on this forum. That really makes sense.

Go play a single player game with god mode enabled if you want easy mode and leave us who want to play the game how it's supposed to be played alone.

This is not just directed at you, but all exploiting idiots out there.

Upvote 0
Inevitably, these exploits, bugs and glitches will be fixed in a few months.

But let's not forget that these exploits are some of those things which give KF some character, because watching your team-mate doing something unusual is what keep some people in and let's admit; soem of em are funny to watch. Exploits don't necceserally mean anything bad or damage to the dev's reputation; they just happen and people exploit them.

Just like in real life; you find a loop hole and you milk it. After all, it is legal...untill they pass the bill.

Edit: Those who discover exploits and bugs are not idiots. They should be employed as testers, because they're sharp minded.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There is a big difference between the kind of people that discover bugs and exploits and the kind of people who rely on them...
Well, the second kind need a little psychological revamp.

But really, most people who rely on exploits sometimes get caught with either a FP or a scrake backstabbin them. I've seen it happen particularily with that exploits more than twice on different servers.

Upvote 0