• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Idea for New Skins (New idea, at that)

Sammers

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 2, 2009
Scotland
This is just an idea I had and thought I'd gather some opinions on it, for TWI to have a look and see if they like it or not.

Like other players hopefully noticed, a map contest led to an increase in higher-than-average quality, fan-made maps. Why not have a Skin Contest? All skins entered that are fully functional, should be included in a patch, then an official forum poll be carried out to decide the winner? Either that, or have sponsers judge the content, much like the map contest. The only potential problem making this work is the aforementioned sponsers. We simply need to find some. But all in all, I thought it to be a good idea, since skins would surely take a lot less time than maps, once some kind of animation template could be downloaded(I don't know too much of the terminology for this stuff I'm afraid). Players seem to be screaming for a few more extra skins, so why not let them make some and then make them highly accessible for the average player that's screaming for them?

Last edited:
Not experienced with player skins but mapping IMO is open to a larger pool of players and there are some really excellent mappers out there. Then you get into models and the pool is much smaller and a contest wouldn't have as much support.

I'd love to see new player skins, but I think it'd lead to complications.

Upvote 0
Not experienced with player skins but mapping IMO is open to a larger pool of players and there are some really excellent mappers out there. Then you get into models and the pool is much smaller and a contest wouldn't have as much support.

I'd love to see new player skins, but I think it'd lead to complications.

Unreal 04 is installed on a lot of systems in the Computing dept. at my University, where I study and this was the first I'd seen of the engine. I thought there'd still be enough Skinners to have a contest, since I was overwhelmed by the large amount of skins available for UT04. They all seemed to be simple drag and drop, file based creations too. What I'm trying to say I guess is that I thought there would be more Skinners than I thought with the enormous amount of skins for UT04 and some other games that use this engine. Maybe not.

Upvote 0