• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Map lighting issues

Sambopukka

Grizzled Veteran
May 20, 2009
One of the maps that I'm trying to convert (which was a death match map for ut2004) has a weird lighting issue where there's a black light or shadow around the player which makes everything around the player look pitch black, this also occurs in the editor around the camera in the 3d viewport, I have tried removing every zone info from the map even the skybox. Any ideas on how to fix this will be a big help.

Thanks.

Hard to tell without seeing it, but maybe some sort of reverse fog that has a certain start distance but a smaller (or negative) end distance and is black?
If this sounds like it could be it, look around for volumes and take a look into the levelinfo.

I took a look at the the level info and the distance to fog setting was off so I guess it isn't that, the only other thing it could be is a huge physics volume surrounding the map, do you think it could be that?

EDIT: Ok it wasn't the huge physics volume.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sure, by the way it only seems to affect brushes, static meshes stay lit.

Screenshot:
Shot00000-5.jpg

EDIT: It does affect statics

Last edited:
Upvote 0