• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

"a design choice that you know a team of Valves calibre would have fixed"

They're saying that if anyone other than TWI ( such as Valve and their Legendary Hyper Godly Golden Deluxe Awesome Amazing Left 4 Dead ).

Pretty much ( even somewhat evident in that review, in my opinion ), the majority of people are going to see Killing Floor and instantly write it off as "lol l4d clone" and refuse to give it a fair chance, gloriously ignoring the glaring fact of which is the chicken and which is the egg.

Upvote 0
So you Mr. Waste Manager, the guy who created this thread, just also happens to be the individual who wrote this crap review? Meaning this is all just a fantastically brilliant way to hawk some awful site no one reads? Bravo, good sir! This is sure to gain you a mountain of credibility.

Hey look, an equally terrible review of Zombie Master! And you compare it to Left 4 Dead as well! Boy, those zombie games, eh? This is truly gaming journalism at its absolute finest. I thank you for enlightening us with your unmatched knowledge.

Upvote 0
i have read it and think its overall ok-ish, would have been better if a "proper" reviewer would have written it, though.. (*hint*hint*)

i do see the problems he wrote too and can understand why people might consider them bad but i dont take them so serious as he did.

i really wonder why he bashes TWI as an "inproper" developer that didnt "polish" KF...

Upvote 0
This review is serious business, i'm quite upset that TWI isn't a 'proper' dev team, here i was thinking they'd developed and created the game when clearly this genius knows it APPEARED OUT OF FRESH AIR!

Who'd of thunk it?

Another boring lemming review from the viewpoint of somebody who's never played a game with zombies up untill Left 4 dead and obviouslly now thinks valve have the rights to all zombie stereotypes, also that **** about the game been not been polished is a real nutbreaker, not downing on the source engine or anything but that game looks unpolished because thats how unreal 2 engine shapes up, its rough and old... if/when KF comes out on the U3 engine lets see them *****/moan about polish then (Anyone played haunted yet? =D)

Upvote 0
If anything his review was conveyed in a negative light. More than likely if read by someone who was wondering if they should purchase the game, that person might had been deterred away, if the guy who wrote the review would actually proof read his material before posting it.

I mean sure he's really REALLY amateur at writing reviews, but if it's his passion then maybe in the future you might see him writing for gamespy, or hell even maybe steam reviews. Ya never know. ;)

To be fair there was only a small comparison between L4D and KF, but still to make that comparison is pretty much committing the greatest taboo known to man right now.

Also I don't like people who quote themselves. :p

Upvote 0
Some things:
#1: The bloat isnt a clone of the boomer because the bloat was created before 2007/08 whateva way before L4D was created FAIL
#2: Valve wouldnt fix any of UR issues cuz they are lazy... Want proof?
How many REAL updates has L4D had? 1 (Survival game mode) and thats it
#3: Valve sucks now they are making L4D 2 which will cost 60 dollars or 50 its just a bloody new DLC so why release a new game when they could of offered it as a DLC? Oh did i mention they are adding Axe, Chainsaw (KF had them first!) so call that a ripoff! FAIL
#3.5: The patriarch doesnt suck (or atleast it sucks less as tank) you could atleast put a reason for him sucking cuz i personally like busting his bottom up with my shotgun or get hit by his rocket in my mouth and dying :p.
Hes also alot harder than the Tank in L4D which takes 4 ppl and 4 autoshotguns to die in 5 sec. Challanging isnt it?
#4: Valve only cares about money not about gameplay and **** thats why their releasing L4D 2 so they make even more money to spend on **** they dont need+ they cant even add a decent server browser in a 60 dollar game. Sure u can use console but it could be used like in CS or KF -.-
#5: Your review sucks so do you and btw KF is constantly being updated even with animation fixes (such as door animation fixed, that burn out or whatever released in v1006) so get a life and go read a book called ''How to write a proper review''

The End You suck
TWI owns L4D and Valve and everything else

Thank you

Nejc382

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think it's a fair (if a little strangely worded) review. The review's conclusion saves it from being completely lame:

There are various problems with Killing Floor, and some make it difficult for me to recommend, but I can recommend it. Look at those screenshots for gods sake – there are zombies, guns, explosions and flamethrowers. It’s a game that unapologetically plays heavy metal as you kill hordes of monsters. It’s a game where heads explode in slow motion when you shoot them with the smallest of guns. It’s a game that’s an immense amount of fun, especially when people are actually working in a team. It’s not perfect, but it’s still getting patched and is only

Upvote 0
I think you can draw a couple conclusions from how the reviewer wrote his piece.

-He's obviously a Valve fan.
-He obviously got into L4D before ever hearing of KF.
-He's sensitive to the polish factor.
-He mistakes his own preferences as a definitive judgment. The Patriarch is a good example of where he does that.
-He obviously didn't do any research into KF...or he wouldn't have made himself look like a fool with the Bloat comment.

I don't disagree with him per se. There are some things TWI did that do lack some polish. (The game UI, which seems to be their trademark because RO is done in much the same fashion, and the voice acting. VA isn't really an issue of polish though.)

I think he's dead right about one thing though: KF is unapologetic. The music is in your face heavy metal that some might find cheesy...the trader is a nasty old bird to the point she is unattractive. The voice acting is intentionally coarse. The gore is almost over the top. Everything about KF's style is in-your-face without a lot of the refinement and compromised choices you can tell developers have made. I don't know if the UI falls in the same category but it seems to be how TWI likes their UIs....not as a failing of polish.

In the end though, this guy is criticizing polish and comparing a company that probably made "lots" off of KF....to a company who made MILLIONS off L4D, and has a team big enough to float two or three AAA projects at a time. It's all well and good to criticize where it's warranted (because the UI is still pretty fugly, sorry TWI) but if you fail to consider the context you look like an amateur.

Anyways, he still said he liked it. But it reads like a Johnny-Come-Lately, who apparently saw the memo about how KF/L4D comparisons are a waste of time, dutifully wrote it into his opening...and then proceeded to ignore it. Plus, what professional reviewer goes out and calls dev choices "stupid". Call them what you will, but he writes more like a fan than a gaming journalist.

Last edited:
Upvote 0