• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What i think lockdown means

Zetsumei

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Normally the attackers get a massive point advantage over the defenders, as capping gives a +10 in points while defending doesnt.

The lockdown can probably be used for 2 things, give the defenders some points for defending well so that when the defending team wins they will probably have a higher average score.

And possibly move a teams respawn location back earlier if the defenders won the lockdown period, so that its less likely that say that a team is stuck at the first capzone for an entire game.

-----------

Edit:

Nevermind it was exactly stated that lockdown means winning the complete map if the defenders hold a capzone for X minutes.

Last edited:
well i think lockdown means..
example: RO-Stalingrad.
If Axies are able to defend Warehouse for lets say 5min, and the allies arent able to even start capping ones in 5min, axies achieve a "warehouse lockdown". meaning that all other ojb cant be caped because warehouse was needed in order to cap northrail and assambly hall.

in other words this "lockdown feature" would allow defending teams to win a map faster than the actual round duration.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Normally the attackers get a massive point advantage over the defenders, as capping gives a +10 in points while defending doesnt.

The lockdown can probably be used for 2 things, give the defenders some points for defending well so that when the defending team wins they will probably have a higher average score.

And possibly move a teams respawn location back earlier if the defenders won the lockdown period, so that its less likely that say that a team is stuck at the first capzone for an entire game.

-----------

I mean different assets are discussed in different places but making seperate threads makes discussing easier.

In the video, it was said that lock down was something that meant that, if the attacking team didn't capture their next objective within a set time limit (that was NOT the round's time limit) they would loose the round, and the defenders would win right there. Unless I completely misunderstood.

Upvote 0
ah i didnt hear them exactly say how the function worked, im a bit sick so not that focussed either. But after listening again they did say it exactly so this is kind off a useless post.

Although tbh i dont like set time limits on a per cap bases there have been times when the first 2 went bad but that was made up with the last 2 :(

I just hope that these limits are definitely long enough as when attacking even if you cap something fast you still need to cap 3 other capzones fasts now you need to only defend one single capzone for long enough, attacking and defending should stay balanced.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Although tbh i dont like set time limits on a per cap bases there have been times when the first 2 went bad but that was made up with the last 2 :(

Yep. Also on most maps where defending team plays really agressive and tries to keep the first objective at all cost, the defending team eventually loses their reinforcements rather quickly. I would hate to play rounds that lasts for couple of minutes and all the other aspects of strategy/tactics would be left out(falling back, setting up defences elsewhere ect.).

I still don't quite understand, is the lockdown on normal game? Or is it some additional mode to chooce from?

Upvote 0
Now I'm loking even more forward to the game.;)
pyramid_head.jpg

You two have fun.

Upvote 0
A bit back on topic.

It could be indeed be that you get a time amount per capzone without a total maptime limit.

meaning that if you finally capture zone A after 8 minutes you musnt finish zone B,C,D witin 4 minutes, but for each zone have an individual timezone.

Although if something like that is the case i truly truly hope that not all maps are made linear. With still having 2 caps on opposite sides of the map open at the same time (excluding capzones that can be recapped).

Upvote 0
John explains it pretty clearly in the demo. The attackers have a certain time limit to capture the objective. If the defending team manages to hold down that objective within that time limit they achieve lock down and can win the map before the full time limit is reached. Achieving lock down must mean you can cut time off the map time limit if you hold an objective for a certain amount of time. Putting the attackers in a tougher position to win the map. Rewarding the defenders for playing well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hackel
Upvote 0