• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

FleshPound Frenzy!

FleshPound Frenzy!

• Yes

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • No

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Not

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Fleshpound idea.....

Single Target Path of destruction:

When the fleshpound gets Enraged... I WOULD LOVE TO SEE IT SMASHING AND KNOCKING PLAYERS TO THE SIDE TO GET TO HIS TARGETED PLAYER.
It looks stupid with this huge specimen just simply walking by another player. Its like there best friends... Until the targeted player is dead... This will obviously make the fleshpound more effective in his enrage.

Thanks for reading this...

Hope you vote!

Last edited:
Just think about it, when fp rages through other specimens, they will explode into a blood shower and fp keeps going, but when going toward player (not the one he's targeted) the fp just goes through doin nothing. Instead of walking through players when enraged, it would be cool (just imagine) to see fp swinging his arms so the players who's not his target would fly away some distance (like 5m or such) lol.

Upvote 0
I agree, it'd be pretty cool. But first they'd need to add a way for the target player to defend themselves from its extremely powerful attacks.

I disagree on that point. Players don't need to be coddled. In fact, the only or best defence from a fleshpound should be running like hell. Face it, all you really need to kill a fleshpound is the katana or chainsaw, and they're no longer as hard to kill as they used to be. This is survival horror, and a integral part of survival is running.

In short, the fleshpound really needs another buff, as does the scrake.

Upvote 0
Ok. So, riddle me this batman. What will people be screaming when a fleshpound literally wipes the team in one go, because he chose to target someone in the back of the line?

Probably "Nerf fleshpounds" amiroight?

Atm, the only specimen that can harm multiple players in one shot is the siren, with the possible exception of the bloat. Though that's somewhat less by design. The bloat was not designed with the idea of multiple targets in mind, imo (too slow and noticeable).

That's her niche. AOE damage and generally being small and hiding behind other specimens so as to be hard to target.
Now, toss in the fleshpound and give him the ability to annihilate everyone on the squad simply because he wanted to get the guy in the back, on top of something like, a siren screaming. That's pretty much instakill on hard, and even without the siren, that's almost a definitive instakill for anything less than a medic with 100 armor or zerker.

Once again, if you think the fleshpound is too easy, play on a harder difficulty. The gameplay is based around sucidal, nothing lower.

Upvote 0
Yes i do agree... But as a group, it can be as easy as all hell to take him down. The fleshpound is all about killing a single target and moving along. But just common sense, If you were a huge monsters with huge spiky arms and went after one specific target? Wouldn't you hit other players in your way. Not just go by them and wave at each other like you guys are friend.

With this idea, It could change all that. The fleshpound can be harder to take down in a group. Tho they will need to fix the fleshpounds pathing way, Not making it run around in circles or run in a different direction than run to the targeted player.

Upvote 0
I disagree on that point. Players don't need to be coddled. In fact, the only or best defence from a fleshpound should be running like hell. Face it, all you really need to kill a fleshpound is the katana or chainsaw, and they're no longer as hard to kill as they used to be. This is survival horror, and a integral part of survival is running.

In short, the fleshpound really needs another buff, as does the scrake.

What? I agree that the chainsaw is good against the fleshpound, but the katana? If you only go for body hits, then perhaps. But I will still rather use the 9mm to pop its head than try to slash it to death with the katana since it seems unreliable to take its head off (or perhaps I haven't tried enough).

Making the fleshpound damage everyone in its path will only make it a real pain in the arse to play with newbies who starts to shoot at a FP with some peashooter and then runs behind his team mates. No thank you.

Upvote 0
Yes i do agree... But as a group, it can be as easy as all hell to take him down. The fleshpound is all about killing a single target and moving along. But just common sense, If you were a huge monsters with huge spiky arms and went after one specific target? Wouldn't you hit other players in your way. Not just go by them and wave at each other like you guys are friend.

With this idea, It could change all that. The fleshpound can be harder to take down in a group. Tho they will need to fix the fleshpounds pathing way, Not making it run around in circles or run in a different direction than run to the targeted player.

Sure, as a group it can be easy to take him down.....

Provided everyone is co-ordinated, equipped properly, knows what they are doing, and aren't being swamped with hundreds of other dangerous specimens.

Such conditions only occur vary rarely.

More often than not, you are playing on a team of people with less than level 5 on every perk. More often than not, people will go with whatever weapons they prefer, as opposed to seeing what others have and choosing accordingly. As such, fleshpounds are not always a walk in the park, unless someone is intentionally equipping to deal with them.

Now, raging through people or not, if the FP is, as you say, incredibly easy to kill with a team, it wouldn't matter wither he hit people on the way through, because as you say, he's so simple to take down, right?

The problem, is that fleshpounds might not be much of a threat (not much is) when everyone is aware, organized, and equipped. Fleshpounds usually are a threat when the whole world is going to hell in a hand basket and everyone is fighting for their lives. In such a case, a fleshpound could simply waltz in from an unnoticed angle, tear through the entire team with a trail of zeds behind him, and wipe the team.

Let's face it, for all his badassery, fleshies are specifically designed to go after one target at a time, to give players a fighting chance. The only thing that can pretty much rape the entire team, and is designed to, is the patriarch.

Upvote 0
What? I agree that the chainsaw is good against the fleshpound, but the katana? If you only go for body hits, then perhaps. But I will still rather use the 9mm to pop its head than try to slash it to death with the katana since it seems unreliable to take its head off (or perhaps I haven't tried enough).

Making the fleshpound damage everyone in its path will only make it a real pain in the arse to play with newbies who starts to shoot at a FP with some peashooter and then runs behind his team mates. No thank you.

Chainsaw is still the decap king. I, despite being able to time it right with the Combat Knife, cannot get it to happen with the Katana. I dunno why. Maybe it's an intended weakness. HOWEVER, body hits shred Fleshpounds if you're a berserker!

Anyway...WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU THINKING? Buff fleshies MORE? If you wanna buff them, take out the decap. THEN see how easy they are... But don't start giving them uber-charges.

Have you forgotten that they already randomly rage with infinite range? Imagine one of the stupid things raging, charging halfway across the level, barreling over the whole team, and smearing it's target. It wouldn't be scary. It wouldn't be fun. It'd be ridiculous.

They already outrun you anyway, so for the poor target being unable to do ANYTHING, not even run to his team for help, is a bit much. It'd feel more like the AI cheating, as when the Fleshpound randomly rages and targets you, he would be getting a GUARANTEED hit on you... Think about it...

Upvote 0
I like the idea, HOWEVER, I wouldn't want him to do major damage, or even significant damage. I'm thinking maybe 3 damage on normal, and 9 on suicidal. What I'm envisioning isn't some super destructive rampage, it's just him pushing you out of the way so he can get to where he actually wants to go (the targeted player). Bodyblocking is just a flat out exploit. A lot of people say that it's using the AI against itself but c'mon. Really? Any huge berserker-type person that was after a specific person wouldn't simply stop moving because someone half their size got in front of them. This will hardly make them unstoppable, they won't suddenly start wiping teams every time. After all, body-blocking is a tactic only used by coordinated teams, and coordinated teams should be perfectly capable of taking out a fleshpound without it.

Upvote 0
I like the idea, HOWEVER, I wouldn't want him to do major damage, or even significant damage. I'm thinking maybe 3 damage on normal, and 9 on suicidal. What I'm envisioning isn't some super destructive rampage, it's just him pushing you out of the way so he can get to where he actually wants to go (the targeted player). Bodyblocking is just a flat out exploit. A lot of people say that it's using the AI against itself but c'mon. Really? Any huge berserker-type person that was after a specific person wouldn't simply stop moving because someone half their size got in front of them. This will hardly make them unstoppable, they won't suddenly start wiping teams every time. After all, body-blocking is a tactic only used by coordinated teams, and coordinated teams should be perfectly capable of taking out a fleshpound without it.

Of your long post I agree that implementing it with minor (around 10 or so) damage would be the best of both worlds.

Upvote 0

I'm not talking about him hurting the blockers. I'm talking about him being UNBLOCKABLE. Like I said, it'd randomly rage, then charge through everything in it's path, regardless of range, for a guaranteed, full-damage hit against the targeted player! I think that's more than a bit much...

Upvote 0
it'd randomly rage, then charge through everything in it's path, regardless of range, for a guaranteed, full-damage hit against the targeted player!
Have your team shoot the Fleshpound before it rages (Why would you wait for it to rage to begin with? Farm is not an excuse. If you confront the Fleshpound first, you will invariably do more damage), then shoot it while it's raging, and then shoot it some more while it's charging. You'll end up with a dead Fleshpound and a healthy target who should have some armor to survive a single hit anyway unless he or the team is dumb. Even if the Fleshpound does reach the target, said target can just insta-decap it. Fleshpounds are a complete joke at this point and need every advantage they can possibly get.

Upvote 0
i have easily popped the fleshpounds head off with Katana on hard, and i think this fleshpound idea would be great, just don't make the damage it does to knock you out of the way significant, maybe 10-20 damage
The fleshpound is enraged at one person he isn't try to hurt you atm but he will do anything to get to his target. His focused; he only pushes you away, he doesn't give enough mind to actually badly wound you.
EDIT: but then again when he rages and his other clone buddies are around he tears them to shreds

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would personally love to see more frightening bosses, maybe a permanently stealthed boss that can close the gap between players by stepping through the shadows to appear next to or behind it's target enemy.

Maybe a strictly ranged boss that focuses on using heavy weapons and explosives to blow it's enemy out of hiding?

Idk something to give this game a little variety.

Upvote 0