• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dynamic music

shadowwill

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 14, 2007
Many will oppose this idea as it doesnt fit in with reality, you dont often find an orchestra on the battlefield playing music for you to make it feel more awesome.

But my idea is this, ive found in many games with dynamic music, it enhances the game play experience and can increase how dramatic the game is.

So take the film 'Enemy at the gates' for example (awesome music). When Vasily shoots the five Germans near the begging, a trumpet sounds when he gets the kill. Here is the music, you will hear what i mean early on. YouTube - Enemy at the Gates OST-Vassili's Fame Spreads

And is then followed by the music levelling out when he gets his first five kills. Now imagine this, imagine hearing that or similar music when you pull of epic moments and imagine how much of a 'hero' you will feel. I think it will be a badass feature, and for those who do not wish to have it, enable switch on and off in options.

Just a suggestion however.

how about it be optional in youre audio settings?..... just because some people dont want it you have to ruin it for the ones that do? people are saying "no not at all" why not it just be optional for the people who do want it? personally i dont care how they do it but there are people who enjoy it why should it just be spoiled by people who dont want it?

Upvote 0
how about it be optional in youre audio settings?..... just because some people dont want it you have to ruin it for the ones that do? people are saying "no not at all" why not it just be optional for the people who do want it? personally i dont care how they do it but there are people who enjoy it why should it just be spoiled by people who dont want it?

The point of this game is to be realistic. RO is praised for its realism. Adding in game music is not how to make a game realistic.

Upvote 0
Besides, if the majority of RO players don't even play with music or would not even be interested, there's no point in spending development time on something so that a minority would have that option. It's a waste of resources.
fair enough its just an option though having more options is better than less but i know what you mean

Upvote 0
I still feel that if players want to listen to music they should do so with their own media applications. A game that strives for realism should not be putting music in the players ears but rather allow players to be immersed in the excellent sound effects that have been a part of Red Orchestra.

yes please. i also don't want extra time to be spent on superfluous stuff like this.

Upvote 0