• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

No respect for the dead.

Krieg Jaeger

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 21, 2009
With all them nasty, bloody, gory, torn up corpses lying about the foundry, I think it's a bit odd that when one of your people die, they simply ragdoll to the ground, a few specimens nom on them for a bit, and leave them looking exactly the same, before disappearing shortly after.

Frankly, I find that to be a little lackluster.

What I propose, is that when a player dies, for one thing, their corpse remains at least until the end of the wave (if not the game, considering players that respawn are usually ferried in by choppers, story wise, the original is dead, and they are a reinforcement). Secondly, a secondary version of all skins that are "mutilated". Clothes torn and bloody, intestines bared and masks ripped and torn, exposing white skull, grey matter, and unblinking, bloodshot eyes (or empty sockets), IF, the specimens are allowed to consume them unhindered.
I think this would add a really powerful psychological element, as "you" don't want to end up as a half eaten corpse. Thus making death a bit more horrific, both for those who are about to die, and those who are powerless to save them.

The effect of stumbling upon your dead squad member's disemboweled, blood spattered, limb shorn corpse in a dark room really aught to have an effect, imo. And also give people a little more incentive to kill the specimens devouring their squad. Any corpse that is not "consumed" remains normal. Any corpse that a grenade is tossed on, gets gibbed.

Last edited:
I'm sure it would be pretty simply for a mutator.

Just put in the textures and something along the lines of

Death=Skin Solider_Trip_2_mutilated

Though bugger all if I know how to code. Now, the difference between knowing when someone has been eaten, or not...that would somehow have to be modeled from the specimens.

Upvote 0
Lets go tripwire, lets go "clap clap"

Lets go tripwire, lets go " clap clap"

...etc

Upvote 0
I'm always for a liberal appliance of gore. The only thing is that I agree that it should only happen if the bodies have been nom'ed on a little bit

That's the idea...though I have no idea what that would require in terms of code. I can only imagine that the process that changes the skin, to the mutilated one, would have to be effected by the specimen finishing it's nomming.

Couldn't be that hard...could it?

Upvote 0
It'd be cool if when you die, you linger on the floor in first person mode watching what is going on, like how when you fall down in Left4Dead. It'd be nice to see your guy get chomped down on by the enemies he's just been killed by. Being able to see your world model when down would be nice too.

Like, if you get killed by a clot, you just fall to the ground like you normally would, your body is all bloodied and you can watch what happens from that point on, like you're sitting up a bit to see what's going on. Then you die after about 15 or 30 seconds.

For the gorefast, the same but maybe there could be a few decapitations and cuts on your body.

For the bloat, your body has a burned texture.

For the siren, your body is normal but there is a single tone sound playing and you can't hear anything but the tone.

For the crawler, same as the clot.

For the scrake, your body is literally cut in half and you have no legs or lower torso.

For the FP, you just die.

Upvote 0