• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fix the AK Please!!!

Stunna

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 21, 2009
The Reload on the AK is very wrong. If you reload before your clip is empty, you should not have to pull the hammer back once a new clip is in. there was already a bullet in the chamber. You should only have to pull the hammer back if you fully run the gun's clip empty. Pulling the hammer back takes waaaay too much time and makes the gun lame. The reload time is long enough as it is, which makes me wonder if the Assult perk's reload buff perk does not work on the AK. It might, but that means the reload speed is reallllllllllllllllllly slow.

Thanks for taking the time to read, and I hope this gets fixed soon.

Love the game Tripwire! Keep up the good work.

A longer reload speed is one of the AK's drawbacks. No gun is perfect.

As to the minor issue of the unrealism of cocking the gun despite a round already being chambered, considering that the characters don't do this with any gun they've actually run dry, it's a minor issue. I don't think TWI views it as worth their time to create animations for reloading when the magazine isn't spent as well as animations for when the whole thing is.

Hell, I imagine that's half the reason you can't reload the hunting shotgun without emptying both barrels.

Upvote 0
9mm also have the same thing. When you reload, even when you have bullet on the chamber, the slide magically slides back and there is no bullet in the chamber. Fix?: when you run out of all bullets on 9mm, you reclip it and pull the slide in order to add the ammo into the chamber.

I don't actually care that much bout this bug but it would be more realistic and looks nicer when the guns reloads the "right" way. When you reload, you shouldn't pull the cocking handle on AK when there are still bullets on the magazine and in the chamber, only when fully emptied.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
9mm also have the same thing. When you reload, even when you have bullet on the chamber, the slide magically slides back and there is no bullet in the chamber. Fix?: when you run out of all bullets on 9mm, you reclip it and pull the slide in order to add the ammo into the chamber.

9mm beretta has a slide stay back on empty option, as does the 1911 and many other military pistols, (you can see ingame after the mag is in he pops the level down and the slide goes forward) that lever pops up and stops the slide from closing whenever the gun is empty, there would be no reason to pull the slide...

Upvote 0
9mm beretta has a slide stay back on empty option, as does the 1911 and many other military pistols, (you can see ingame after the mag is in he pops the level down and the slide goes forward) that lever pops up and stops the slide from closing whenever the gun is empty, there would be no reason to pull the slide...

he mendt that when you reload the berettas when they are half empty, the slides instantly go back to the empty position when reloaded

Upvote 0
The Reload on the AK is very wrong. If you reload before your clip is empty, you should not have to pull the hammer back once a new clip is in. there was already a bullet in the chamber. You should only have to pull the hammer back if you fully run the gun's clip empty. Pulling the hammer back takes waaaay too much time and makes the gun lame. The reload time is long enough as it is, which makes me wonder if the Assult perk's reload buff perk does not work on the AK. It might, but that means the reload speed is reallllllllllllllllllly slow.

OH MY GOD. THE FIRE AXE DECAPS EVEN IF YOU USE THE VERTICAL SWING FROM THE POWER STRIKE. FIX NAO.

Seriously. While you're at it, complain about the fact that you can't harm the trader even if you shoot her in the face, or how shooting an object on the map doesn't provide any realistic physics effects. Honestly, Realism and Video games are IMPOSSIBLE.

Take counter strike source for instance. Have you ever seen anyone type "give weapon_ak47" into the console, see an ak-47 plop onto the ground infront of them, and hearing them complain about: "OMG MATTER CANNOT BE CREATED OR DESTROYED. STUPID GAME".

No.

Upvote 0

Oops, my bad. Yea, i really did mean to say that when running out of bullets, the slide goes back and stays there, and when u reclip it, u pull the lever so the slide goes back to firing position.

Upvote 0

This isn't call of duty. and the gun is fine its not 100% real its 99.9 % lol that little detail does not matter.

Upvote 0
OMG. FIRE AXES DECAPITATE ZEDS EVEN WITH THE VERTICAL POWER STRIKE. OMG UNREALISM. OMG.

Seriously. Realism will never be a part of video gaming entirely. If you want to get technical, then there are A LOT of things that defy the laws of physics in video games. A LOT.

I WOULD like the one bullet in the chamber to be added to the guns and the 'if there's one on the chamber, reloads are faster' effects to be added! These were in Rainbow Six: Raven Shield when they weren't in their predecessors, and it made an incredible difference!

Upvote 0
Attempts at perfect realism in the middle of a game where hordes of mutant clones of varying description, lead by a man with a minigun/rocket launcher for an arm, are something of a moot point.

I think they have done quite well with the realism atm, and could work more on adding content or improving game play as opposed to changing animations slightly due to a minor discrepancy.

Upvote 0