• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Not hungry?

-better things to do. like kill you.

OR

-letting the small fries get first dibs (crawlers, clots)

Sadly, when I have the katana and 100 armor, the first one is a moot point. Even on hard.

Maybe the siren doesn't want to get any blood in her hair?

The Scrake just got the last bloodstains off his smock before killing you. Any more and the poor bastard is gonna owe the cleaners a fortune. He spends enough money getting the intestines and bits of gore out of his chainsaw anyhow.

Stalker wants to keep her womanly figure

Fleshpounds...pound....flesh.....pound...flesh...pound....etc

Upvote 0
Well, the Skrake has his mouth blocked by a large, metal plate, so that might have SOMETHING to do with it. And does the Fleshpound seem able to actually bend down or get to you with those mittens on it's hands and all that hardware grafted to it's back?

Likewise, the Siren is pretty much immobile in her setup as well, so it'd be very awkward for her to eat. As for the Stalkers, I'd say it's because they savor the kill and aren't really hungry. They do seem a bit more intelligent than the typical "Must eat everyone!" mentality of the other zeds...

Upvote 0
For the FP I'd say it's probably because it'd be awkward to imagine him eating like the clots and crawlers - those hands really don't look conducive to kneeling down and chowing down. Cant really grab you know?

Likewise, the Siren's all trussed up in a straight jacket. She'd have to be helped back up after she was done.

Dunno about the scrake and stalker though. :p

Well, the Skrake has his mouth blocked by a large, metal plate, so that might have SOMETHING to do with it. And does the Fleshpound seem able to actually bend down or get to you with those mittens on it's hands and all that hardware grafted to it's back?

Um. That's no plate. That's a medical mask. Like doctors wear. You know, the kind that's easy to pull down? Yeah.

Upvote 0
on a related note, Dignity for the Dead achievement still broke. I have cut down so many zeds munching on my teammates after they have failed on the shiny new foundry map, and the count still refuses to go up. which also makes me wonder, have they changed the zed behavior on eating players? they used to turn and attack when you get close to your guy's dead body, now they happily munch away while you kill them off.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Scrakes and Stalkers, I really don't know, but Fleshpounds are blind, so they might not enjoy eating random stuff that they can't properly identify and (something I noticed really early on) Gorefasts don't have a lower jaw, so they can't eat you at all. Unless they find some way of swallowing you whole.

Actually, I think the gore feasts "eat" you by hacking you to peices with their blades and attempting to suck in whatever blood, gore, and other bits of visceria fly their way. Hence, "gorefeast".

Even with the jacket, sirens could still simply prostrate themselves at your corpse and start eating if they wanted to. Getting up would be interesting, but when you're emaciated, tortured, psychotic and a mutant, hunger is probably more important than dignity. Just ask the clot!

As for the "steel plate"....yeah....I think pretty much everyone else caught that one pretty well. ( Fun fact, the Scrake was a prototype super solider medic. Supposed to be able to take plenty of damage, while seeing to wounded on the field, hence, his smock and latex glove. Obviously, things didn't quite turn out right when he developed a fascination for pain.)

Fleshpound, like the siren, could still prostrate himself easily enough to eat someone. Once again, I think if they wanted too, they would be more worried about getting flesh than caring how they were going to stand up afterwards. Like the gorefeast, he could simply tear and shred and pound and suck up the bits of gore that fly his way.
He probably doesn't due to his "Acquire a target, kill target, acquire another target" Nature/training/Conditioning/software?

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure some specimens don't eat players simply because of the work required to create the extra animations. Or something along those lines...

I was thinking that too. Why go through the work of extra animations, for the sake of a minor detail?

But then, they did make specimens flail about quite a bit while burning to a crisp with the recent patch...
And death could be a little more significant, imo, with a few changes I suggested in the "No respect for the dead" thread over in ideas and suggestions.

Upvote 0
As for the "steel plate"....yeah....I think pretty much everyone else caught that one pretty well. ( Fun fact, the Scrake was a prototype super solider medic. Supposed to be able to take plenty of damage, while seeing to wounded on the field, hence, his smock and latex glove. Obviously, things didn't quite turn out right when he developed a fascination for pain.)

My bad, I guess. I always thought it was a metal plate. I suppose I'm too busy shooting/slashing them to get a good look.

But the fascination with pain DOES explain how they get stunned when someone Melees them hard enough. They seem literally entranced by the pain they're feeling!

Upvote 0
My bad, I guess. I always thought it was a metal plate. I suppose I'm too busy shooting/slashing them to get a good look.

But the fascination with pain DOES explain how they get stunned when someone Melees them hard enough. They seem literally entranced by the pain they're feeling!

Huh...I never thought of it that way, but that does make sense.

lawlblog-funny-pictures-i-dunno-lol.jpg

Upvote 0
Actually, I think the gore feasts "eat" you by hacking you to peices with their blades and attempting to suck in whatever blood, gore, and other bits of visceria fly their way. Hence, "gorefeast".

I really hope you're joking and that you do know they're called "Gorefasts" :p Presumably because they gore you....and they're fast....

Upvote 0
I'm kind of curious as to why stalkers, sirens, scrakes, and fleshpounds don't actually eat the players =/

Saving some time with animations? Or maybe they just aren't hungry...
Maybe they are smarter and think Spencer Pratt and Heidi Montag should do the dirty work.:eek: sees what I did thar? and for thos that dont know who they are and dont get it just goolge or go tmz.

Upvote 0