• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ability to throw grenades back ?

Why do people equate throwing a nade back to cod? It was in Day of Defeat first! and they didn't have a stupid icon for it, you had to find the damn thing just by the noise and try and pick it up in time. That's how it should be done :)

I agree. I think the icons are pretty lame, for multiplayer at least. Developers shouldn't be trying to comfort the gamers who rage because they don't know where they're getting killed from or why they were killed. People also begin to worry more about seeing the icon than the actual grenade.

Upvote 0
True.. but being the leet players we are, you know we will master the grenade pickup to the point where you will see guys running up to grenades just to throw them back. Which is totally ridiculous. I know I'll master it, and it'll piss people off simply because thats no way a person would act in that kind of situation. Instead of trying to get away, you'll be anticipating the grenade and timing the pickup.

So what happens then after everybody has mastered the return grenade throw? Everybody will master the perfect cook and airburst because they're sick and tired of having every grenade thrown back at them. Again, a totally unrealistic and gamey thing to be doing. For this reason I am against the picking up of live enemy nades. My concern here is the effect it will have on gameplay not uber-realism.

I'm sure it happened at some point in war where some poor sap had a grenade land next to him and he picked it up and threw it out of harms way just in the nick of time, but honestly, how often do you think this really happened?

Upvote 0
You guys make it sound as if its not physically possible to throw a live grenade out of harms way. The more options there are the more realistic it is. Like in real life if a grenade falls at your feet you have 3 options. 1 Run as fast and far as you can or jump over something to shield you from the the blast. 2 Pick it up and throw it possibly behind cover or as far as you can throw it. 3 Die. If its possible to do in real life then it should be in the game. It really all depends on the proximity of where the grenade lands. You're not going to go after a live grenade if its 5 feet away from you. You're going to run your *** off to get out of the blast radius.

Upvote 0