• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Current Map White List

Status
Not open for further replies.
My server used to be almost always full before I changed all the maps to contest maps, none of the current maps are whitelisted and it's like an abandoned place at times. But I won't reinstall the same crappy whitelisted maps back. Aren't people bored to play the same maps over and over again? Most pre-contest custom maps are crap. TWI should release "ghost" whitelist updates once in a while (like every week or so). I don't think they'll be able to maintain this system for too long. And if it's exploits and glitches they fear, I'm afraid they'd have to remove probably more than half of the current whitelisted maps from that list.

Probably closer to all of them TBH.

Upvote 0
We're not gonna remove ALL of the maps with exploits, but we are going to give feedback to the creators of the maps to get a better version of their map(s) to put into the White List. This system is not intended to be that intrusive. While we know that all the contest maps are not yet on the White List and that they are the "new maps", they're not yet on the White List because it's only been a week since they were released. And now things are going to be pushed even farther back due to Steam's planned down time tomorrow night.

We understand the public outcry at this current moment in time, due to the contest maps that everyone wants to play on their servers, but after they are White Listed, there will be far less bickering thrown in our faces.

Upvote 0
My OverAllRank
24689 (Official Map)
22932 (Official Map)
28523 (Official Map)
36595 (Custum Map Server)
44100 (Custum Map Server)
46511 (Custum Map Server)

This is a reality.
It is not a problem of a contest map alone.
Please teach the corrective strategy in the future.

Must...
Method of confirmation while playing a game.
Update time etc.

Upvote 0
The withe list has many beta versions.... why don't debug the list?

A better question would be why not get rid of the list altogether?

The idea sounded really good on paper a month ago... However, I'm sure there are exploits on some of the currently whitelisted maps that people have found (I don't know of any personally because I don't care for them). I did ban a guy once from my server for being on the roof of one of the houses in KF-Farm.

Moreover, if the list is to prevent people from exploiting, why are all the betas on there? Betas, by the very reason they exist - are not well-tested maps, so they shouldn't be on the whitelist, no?

Like I said, imo the list sounded like a really good idea... but it's been a month and still no updates. Also, map releases are growing exponentially and it's going to become increasingly tougher for tripwire to manage that list, or let alone one person manage the whitelisting, unless that's what they do full-time...

In my opinion, it should be removed if you can't update it at least once every week guaranteed...

People are going to go to the leveling servers, but eventually they'll get bored or get what they need.

It was kind of the same thing with Valve when they released the Medic update - a lot of achievement servers started appearing. They eventually disappeared by themselves.

BTW I'm surprised hardly anybody on the forums is complaining... isn't everyone bored of playing the same maps over and over?!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The idea sounded really good on paper a month ago... However, I'm sure there are exploits on some of the currently whitelisted maps that people have found (I don't know of any personally because I don't care for them). I did ban a guy once from my server for being on the roof of one of the houses in KF-Farm.

Moreover, if the list is to prevent people from exploiting, why are all the betas on there? Betas, by the very reason they exist - are not well-tested maps, so they shouldn't be on the whitelist, no?

Like I said, imo the list sounded like a really good idea... but it's been a month and still no updates. Also, map releases are growing exponentially and it's going to become increasingly tougher for tripwire to manage that list, or let alone one person manage the whitelisting, unless that's what they do full-time...

In my opinion, it should be removed if you can't update it at least once every week guaranteed...

People are going to go to the leveling servers, but eventually they'll get bored or get what they need.

It was kind of the same thing with Valve when they released the Medic update - a lot of achievement servers started appearing. They eventually disappeared by themselves.

BTW I'm surprised hardly anybody on the forums is complaining... isn't everyone bored of playing the same maps over and over?!
I agree. Like I posted in an another thread, I don't care for the heavy metal update. I can wait for it but seriously... they should release a white list update or remove the system ASAP. I can't play the same maps anymore and people won't join servers with non-whitelisted maps even if they are above all the crap that's been created before (quality-wise).

Upvote 0

and bored of reading posts complaining about the white list but an update would be nice so I feel your pain. (especially Filthscross/ Hospital/ Brewery/ Arcade shopping/ Arcade gas station/ Ganja/ Biohazard XTX/ Corner Market/ MosileynightXS since that's all we play these days perks or no perks as is the case)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
isn't everyone bored of playing the same maps over and over?!
Is something preventing you from playing the new maps? I have tried just about all of the contest entries and then some and enjoyed every one. I can start up KF right now and play these maps and the many others that continue to be released. Is there some obstacle stopping you from doing the same?

Upvote 0

I agree.

TW is inconvenient answer disregard.
TW is despotism.
The program will not be never fix.

Upvote 0
Is something preventing you from playing the new maps? I have tried just about all of the contest entries and then some and enjoyed every one. I can start up KF right now and play these maps and the many others that continue to be released. Is there some obstacle stopping you from doing the same?

I don't want to play them by myself, and people don't join perks disabled servers as much... that's about it.

I don't blame them. Only 0.8% of the Killing Floor owners (as of this writing http://steamcommunity.com/stats/KillingFloor/achievements/) have achieved all level 5 perks, so naturally they'd avoid servers where they can't level up. That's only one in 125 people you see online who would gladly play on a perks-disabled server, because they don't care anymore.

I've "checked the maps out" of course, but I don't think the whitelist idea is worth it anymore for the reason above.

I still think they should try to enforce 6 players max, although we're currently seeing that is failing...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As you all can see by these numbers, most players with all perks at lvl. 5, stop playing, and there are lots of them. I know lots of them.
Most of all got their lvl.5 through cheating and now they don't play anymore cause upgrading perks is the main reason that drives most of the players to play. And that's why TW shoudn't end the white list system or anything else that impede players to upgrade their perks without playing.
But there are other ways to make the game interesting again.
I would suggest that TW includes a system that enhances cooperativity in the game, like there is in L4D, with points to heal, help and protect other players, etc, and that paired with a mod that enable the server admins that have websites, to build a rank of the game, based not only in frags, but mainly in cooperativity, just like is possible in l4d. Most of the players love ranks and that will enable us to give away prizes, like games in steam, to the top ranked players and that will keep the game alive and our sites and servers populated.
TW should also create a server to gather all this information and create a global rank and a web site or a page in their main killingfloor web site and also give away prizes for the top 10.
I also can suggest that TW enable us to create more than one character in the game, so that we can play again with lvl 0 characters and build up everything again, without the need of buying again the game.
Also TW should create new classes with new weapons and fighting styles to change a little the gaming experience.
I believe that there are lots of good ideas to keep the game alive, but ending the white list is not one of them. If TW drops the white list, it will have to create another way to stop cheating.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Firstly, I am against whitelisting because it slows the rate of new maps appear in the servers and it really makes things difficult for the honest players only. So, I agree.

Secondly, if beta maps were not white listed everyone would post their maps on the "Final Maps"-section because they wanted them to be listed ASAP because the listing is so slow anyway. We all can imagine the mess this results. So, I disagree.

In the end, the game should concentrate on something else than leveling. Some people say that players quit after reaching level 5 on each perk. Then, the game has failed. A good gaming experience should come from somewhere else than leveling. Leveling should not be the main purpose.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In the end, the game should concentrate on something else than leveling. Some people say that players quit after reaching level 5 on each perk. Then, the game has failed. A good gaming experience should come from somewhere else than leveling. Leveling should not be the main purpose.

I agree with you here. Like I said in another forum. How about just go back to the system and let the true players, admins, and server runners take care of what maps they like and do not. If it is a leveling map then a real server will not have it. Unless by accident. As a clan founder and server runner I edit what maps make it or break it. I have no problem throwing on one that some one suggests to try it out. If we find that it has to many exploits then ditch it.

If players are only about ranking and that's it they will rank up on the rank up servers and be gone. If they just want the perks to come play regularly then they will be back.

Those individuals that do not like people who exploit, hack, glitch, or whatever. Do not have to play on those servers. Also if a server finds someone exploiting and ruining the game they can kick or ban that person. However do not forget some of us look for those spots to get screen shots to show the map builders so they can fix them.

The bottom line suggestion is let us go back to the old way of maps. Let the admins and clans decide what maps and how to play the game should be done. This would help map makers, keep people who want to play and level up the right way interested, it would keep the exploiters interested [Because they can have there own damn server], and solve a lot of issues lately.

Tripwire you guys then could concentrate on new material to keep the game going. Like maps, weapons, new creatures, and whatever.

Upvote 0
I VOTE TO GET RID OF THE WHITELIST. Just cause some losers would exploit maps and such to gain something we REAL PLAYERS worked so hard for is complete BS!! I am also a MAPPER and nothings more frustrating then having to wait for your map to be added to the list when changes are being made a lot even after its done cause someone always finds something wrong in the map no one else did. I'm losing players everyday cause they say hey wait i'm not leveling up on this server and i have to tell them whitelist not updated yet. yeah i can go to the normal maps on my server that came with the game but more and more people want good and hard custom maps. Please i know you guys are like having issues with steam and stuff but please REMOVE THE WHITELIST.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.