• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 in Pelit-magazine - RO2=COD???

masasa

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 24, 2005
Finland
Here is the link for those who can speak finnish:

http://www.pelit.fi/index.php?id=66&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=1871&tx_ttnews[backPid]=58&cHash=d3ecfd50b3
I translate the second paragraph:

"In Heroes of Stalingrad online mode single soldiers advancement is followed by experience points, which rewards player with new abilities and equipment. After completing all achievements player gets the rights for new uniform and access to best weapons. The teams are automatically formed based on the experience level of the players. Squad leader can give orders to others using fast command interface, so that the team would stay together."

So looks like tripwire wants to make new COD? Or is Pelit - magazine talking out of their arse(dont think so, they have very good reputation)?

Last edited:
I like it. No more newbies calling artillery, not using their smoke nades and so on. I like the unifoam thingey.

Meh, you will have idiots call arty/smoking wrong places despite this experience system. Bad players don't suddenly become good players when they gain experience level in game.

Also if gaining experience gives you access to best weapons, does this mean everyone gets to choose the weapon they want and the classes are not map specific anymore? Everyone running around with smg and semis in cqb maps?

Upvote 0
Yeah. Noobiism on Officer class will finally be avoided :)
I like the points earning meaning i hope they can be won by achieving key things for the team, hopefully not for selfish achievements like medals and successes with the last RO update.

Yeah to be an officer you have earn it first so no inexperienced player will get to race for the best class at the start of the round.

I'm hoping this new feature encourages better teamwork.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here is the link for those who can speak finnish:

[url]http://www.pelit.fi/index.php?id=66&tx_ttnews[/URL][tt_news]=1871&tx_ttnews[backPid]=58&cHash=d3ecfd50b3
I translate the second paragraph:

"In Heroes of Stalingrad online mode single soldiers advancement is followed by experience points, which rewards player with new abilities and equipment. After completing all achievements player gets the rights for new uniform and access to best weapons. The teams are automatically formed based on the experience level of the players. Squad leader can give orders to others using fast command interference, so that the team would stay together."

So looks like tripwire wants to make new COD? Or is Pelit - magazine talking out of their arse(dont think so, they have very good reputation)?
I think Pelit are trying to read stuff into the press release that they shouldn't - but it is a little hard to tell fact from fiction once it has been translated from English to Russian to Finnish and back to English!

Upvote 0
I think that it works as follows:

Scharfschutze ranks up to a certain level. Now that Scharfschutze can select for example a G43 with scope, rather than just the Kar98 scoped. So ranking gives you access to more rare weapons for that particular class.

So it's not gonna be like, a Schutze gets to unlock a scoped weapon etc.

Just my own interpetation of it all, but I'm pretty sure this is how it will work. Or else you would get some serious balance issues.

Upvote 0