• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Attention to detail... might be a stupid suggestion...

HWG

May 15, 2009
I know that as many game companies progress, and move forward in their careers, they tend to shy away from making a competent product, to a product that simply is a cash crop.

So... I want to put this out there - one of the reasons I love RO, so very, very much, is it's superb subtlety in its attention to detail. From the realistic weapon animations, to subtleties like breathing, to - and this is the drum roll - incredible player model animations. I was awestruck watching a German soldier reload his MG42, with his buddy with a K98 reloading as well, everything that was in the first person animation - was preserved in the third person animations. This... was beautiful to me... and it brought me down to why RO is such an amazing mod - incredible attention to detail.

Please, preserve these things which made such a great mod, and game, even if it means a longer development schedule. Those subtleties might not matter to the average player, but to me - they're huge.

Dave 'HWG'