• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bombing Runs

-[SiN]-bswearer

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 3, 2008
This was probably suggested back for ROOST maps, but i'd love to see some stuka bombing runs. bdj and krivoirog (i think) always looked cool watching the planes fly overhead, but they never dropped any bombs. if i remember right i thought somebody said that the animation wasn't there for the actual planes to swoop down and drop the bombs, but i recently played DH-Ramelle and the mapper was able to have a p41 drop in on a bombing run like what happened in saving private ryan. really cool feature on that map. for some reason i also thought i saw that in the next release of MN, there would be bombing as well in one of the maps, but i do not remember for sure. anyway would love to see it implemented in ROHOS.

I dont mind bombing runs, if done well it could look really cool, although i would rather not see them as random effect (unless they can be heard approaching) and rather more as a method to call in arty.

As clan matches have been lost in the past where in maps like zhitomir and stalingrad kessel at a critical moment 3 or 4 guys got hit by random artilly while just walking out of spawn. Loosing the ability to stop a zone from being capped.

In public it can be nice for a cool effect but in clan matches you play a map on both sides and want the chances on both sides to be as close as possible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This was probably suggested back for ROOST maps, but i'd love to see some stuka bombing runs. bdj and krivoirog (i think) always looked cool watching the planes fly overhead, but they never dropped any bombs. if i remember right i thought somebody said that the animation wasn't there for the actual planes to swoop down and drop the bombs, but i recently played DH-Ramelle and the mapper was able to have a p41 drop in on a bombing run like what happened in saving private ryan. really cool feature on that map. for some reason i also thought i saw that in the next release of MN, there would be bombing as well in one of the maps, but i do not remember for sure. anyway would love to see it implemented in ROHOS.

I think 3 Stukas in one of the screenshots is a hint for something ;)

Upvote 0
yeah i'm not talking random arty, i'm talking you call in the strike. on the DH-ramelle map, you have to "use" the radio to have the planes swoop in an drop the bombs. only have one "strike mission" to use, and they will always drop in the same place everytime you play the map. if you could as SL spot various targets that would be cool. 2 other cool features in that map were activating the "mines" and "blowing the bridge".

anyway it's good that there's been some work on it, and that just by a mapper seems like.

Upvote 0

QFT...was just about to post this. beat me to it;)

Upvote 0