• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New music for Metalzone pack maps

fustrun

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 7, 2009
Russia
Hey all, this thread is applied to the tripwire KF development team, i am a musician who would like to work on Soundtracks for movies games and ect . .

Well i got insperation from this great made game, really one of the most best ones i played.
So i made a couple of tunes one calm and one action and i thought if i can contribute them for the pack, as bonus just some donation to the crew of geniouses behind this amazing game.

my youtube page is this - [url]http://www.youtube.com/user/NirShor[/URL]

I have an assassins creed composition i wrote on that channel aswell to show my soundtracking skills :) if intrested please contact me i would be happy to donate my part for this great game :).

Peace.

Hey all, this thread is applied to the tripwire KF development team, i am a musician who would like to work on Soundtracks for movies games and ect . .

Well i got insperation from this great made game, really one of the most best ones i played.
So i made a couple of tunes one calm and one action and i thought if i can contribute them for the pack, as bonus just some donation to the crew of geniouses behind this amazing game.

my youtube page is this - [URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/NirShor"][URL]http://www.youtube.com/user/NirShor[/URL][/URL]

I have an assassins creed composition i wrote on that channel aswell to show my soundtracking skills :) if intrested please contact me i would be happy to donate my part for this great game :).

Peace.

Damn, i cant wait to listen to some new old school country music, i always wanted that for this game, would fit perfect in the horror/action theme of this game. :p

now in reality, i hope that they add some new music to this game, and i wish you good luck in trying to acheive that, good work on your music, its great! its rare nowadays to find some artists with more talent than deuchebaggery. a good example is trace cyrus, his emo and deuchebaggery far outweights his musical talent.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for the kind words, and if anyone has opinions and/or shares them please post below, i thought making it abit more musical for the calm songs and one thing missing in the action themes is heavy metal . . but with orchestra . . so i might do that the calm song is almost ready so i might have a preview on that one soon, and about the action. well let me know what you think guys ! what do you want ? speak out :)

Since i'm an ex modder i know the unreal engine quite good . . so i can release a mod to replace some of the songs with mine / or to add them to the playlist if you like them ! so get involved !

And hopefully Some developers will see this and consider answering :)

Peace.

Upvote 0
You'll get a lot of experience working on mods. Not explicitly music-wise but other factors commonly present in games that will effect decisions on how to compose music for games. A lot of which is just developing a skill set to creatively work within the design boundaries to deliver music that compliments the visual style of the game and conforms to the technical needs of how that game has been designed to use it.
There is no all encompassing skill to learn as each engine handles audio differently as do two different developers using the same engine but the basic principals stay the same and there will always be similarities.

Upvote 0
Yeah i know, i have alot of modding exprience aspecially on UT2004, i skinned i modeled, scripted, u name it i've done it.
Then i moved to music, so i know exactly how it works :) infact the song is almost ready and i'm just in the final mixing process and it's allready in the game i'm testing it as we speak and it sounds great !

I really hope the team will consider this contribution.

Upvote 0
Awesome

Awesome

Dude! I am agree with you 200%

what i think would make this game richer is if they would add more different style of zombie survival music, based off of rock, but alternative, add some orchestra into its music library, just for some different flavor, I'm not saying the original music is bad, it just seems repetitive. its just hard rock and even more hard rock. or whatever you young people call it. death metal or "makes you deaf metal", i have nothing against the genre, but some difference could not hurt, i still like rock, after all.

Upvote 0