• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Patriarch Weakspot

As an update on some of my experimentation, I've killed him only using a total of 5 crossbow bolts...
As sharpshooter or support spec? Solo or with others?

A 1 player suicidal patriarch only have 7000 hp, so if you were using sharpshooter it isnt really that strange. In theory you can take him down with two arrows, one to make him kneel (4050 damage) and a second arrow while he kneel, before he stealth and run away to heal (total 8100 damage > 7000 hp).

Crossbow deal 1800 headshot damage for non-sharpshooters. Patriarch kneel when he lose 25% of his total HP. He need to have more than 7200hp (25% of 7200 is 1800) or he will kneel form your first headshot. A one player suicidal Patriarch have 7000HP (4000 base HP times 1,75 for suicidal = 7000).

If you can stop him from healing then, in theory, you only need 4 arrows to the head as a non-sharpshooter to kill him in a solo suicidal game (1800*4=7200 which is more than 7000HP).

This has nothing to do with having an "extra weakness" in his "eye" or not mind you. To verify if he got some strange "weakness" if you hurt his "eye" i went into a beginner game (where he deal less damage so i can go close) and shot him with half a clip of 9mm rounds to the "eye" at short range before he used his rocket and another half clip to his "eye" during his chaingun animation. He did not kneel.

As a non-sharpshooter you will kill a solo suicidal siren and bloat with *one* arrow to the head (she got 300 base HP times 1.75 = 525HP and he got 525 base HP times 1,75 = 919 HP both are is less than 1800 damage).

As a non-sharpshooter you will even kill a solo suicidal scrake with *one* arrow to the head (he got 1000 base HP times 1.75 = 1750HP which is still less than 1800 damage).

As a non-sharpshooter you will kill a solo suicidal fleshpound with *three* arrows to the head (he got 1500 base HP times 1,75 for suicidal = 2625HP, however non-explosives deal half damage so you only deal 900 damage. 900 times 3 = 2700 damage. One arrow to enrage him, one arrow when he enrage, but still stand still before he charge and then a third arrow when he get close enough so you cant really miss).

Crossbow headshots (if you know how to aim) are just that strong. Shrug.

The problem with aiming for headshots at long range on higher difficult settings is that you pretty much need someone to bodyguard you. Taking out them gorefasts, crawlers, stalkers, clots and bloats while you aim. Bullpup Commandos and Xbow Sharpshooters make a really strong combo.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
2 Players (Me and a Medic friend), Suicidal, level 3 Sharpshooter 5 shots.

Also Monolithos as stated before, it may be connected to the Crossbow's penetrative ability hitting the "bones" in the eye multiple times. That is, if they go through and through the Patriarch.

Also, I'm also kind of shaky on the theory, but I really do feel that something's there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
2 Players (Me and a Medic friend), Suicidal, level 3 Sharpshooter 5 shots.
12250HP (4000 base hp * 1,75 for suicidal * (1+0,75) for a second team member)

2808 damage per "normal" headshot (300 base damage * 1,2 for sharpshooter xbow damage * 6 for xbow headshot damage * 1,3 for sharpshooter headshot damage).

2808*5 arrows = 14040 total damage which is more than 12250HP. Patriarch dies. Simple math. Nothing magic. You would have done it with "normal" headshots, I am still convinced the "eye" has nothing to do with it.

(Unless you let him heal, without interrupting him, and you still killed him with 5 arrows as a level 3 sharpshooter...)

Upvote 0
Possibly, but I'd say 6 Sharpshooters with a decent aim and 6 Crossbows can probably take him down very fast, too. They just need to co-ordinate their shots and fire simultaneously.

QTF.
I wasn't able to get it on video, but I was in a game wit 4 sharpshooters and a medic and commando; everyone using crossbows. The time it took to take him down was ridiculously fast.

Upvote 0
Ha, i killed him with 2 xbow shots on hard !(Sharpshooter lvl 5)
1stAimed, 2nd as he charged in and did his punch i just shooted, and probably hit the right spot.^^

Here are two screenshots, one jus before patri wave, and one after he is finished.

Its funny, crossbow is away overpowered if you think about it

its not overpowered cause its useless against weak enemies and its slow, while it is the most powerfull it also takes most skill to use

BTW I ve just killed him on suicvidal with 2 shots even though he managed to escape after 1st one to heal :p

he as 7k starting HP, so with lv5 sharpshoter that does 4050dmg with crossbow on headshot, 8100 dmg was clearly enough

Upvote 0
its not overpowered cause its useless against weak enemies and its slow, while it is the most powerfull it also takes most skill to use

BTW I ve just killed him on suicvidal with 2 shots even though he managed to escape after 1st one to heal :p

he as 7k starting HP, so with lv5 sharpshoter that does 4050dmg with crossbow on headshot, 8100 dmg was clearly enough

Why is it useless against weak enemys? If you have enough bolts and you can drag some enemies in a line (sirens, crawler, or even clots if you think you need to) you can just kill them with a single shot. Sure you only have 40 shots, but you could either pick them up again, or just take a ammo box. Well , cant complain about the speed. Sure, may suck if youre sourounded, but then something has gone wrong earlier i think.

And well, actually i never looked up how many damage those weapons do, but it sounds pretty strong oO.

For that patriarch weakspot. I think its there, couse the shoots needed to kill him seemed to be differnt even if i only hit the head.

Upvote 0